How do you game?

Everything used to be so simple, I purchased said amount of games and a backlog of 5 or 6 seemed like an impossible mountain.

Nowadays, I'm constantly picking up games on sale via steam and humble bundle, I receive monthly free games on PlayStation Plus for all 3 of my Sony consoles, hit up flash sales and still stop by my local game shop.

I recently spent some time creating a backlog and came to realize I have almost 200 games that I have waiting to play...... How does someone begin to tackle something like that, especially with a full time job and limited amounts of game time?

I can tend to be a completionist, I have recently been working on this in order to get to playing more of my games, but it still seems impossible.

Does anyone else feel this way?
Feel free to check out my Let's Play channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj5NOND6bO7M2GYr3ygguig/playlists
I feel the pain as well. Personally the hardest part for me is putting down the huge time absorbing games like PoE once in a while and just going on a burst of games over a week or so. Lately I have been taking on some games and trying to finish them in a single weekend...

Honestly, I miss when there were less available games. I keep wanting to buy more games, and things people suggest to me... and I never have the time to play any of them. A full time job and a girlfriend really throws a monkey wrench into game time. honestly though, I think the girlfriend is better than games, so I tend to spend more time with her these days.
I guess I will have to buy a one way ticket to hell with your lives
Most of the time I tend to avoid the longer games in favor of the shorter ones.

Between work and the old lady, I don't get to play enough to stay engulfed. I recently picked up Ark to play with some friends from work, was really excited about it, and have only played for about 45 minutes in the last 2 weeks.....

It just requires to much time......

I think the problem is that getting old is just the worst, lol.

The smart thing to do would be to stop buying new games, but I live in the moment. Something comes out that I want, and I go ahead and buy it, so that it can sit on my shelf for 6 months before I even open it.
Answer is to try them all, but briefly, stop being a completionist. Only go back to the ones you really loved
"When you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail."
other than religiously downloading plus games for my fat PS3/vita, I only buy a computer game if my boyfriend is so I can play with him; i'm hopelessly addicted to POE and have been for 2 years :p at work, I can use my vita to branch off but that is only cause I can't play POE! i wonder how much money is spent by you collectors on games you've never even played? curious!

edit: been playing persona 4 for over a year... im pretty distracted ;)
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last edited by KonaLuvsPOE on Oct 8, 2015, 12:22:12 PM
I've spent a lot.........

Just in physical copy's of games, I own 6 games that have not even been in my system yet, and I mostly buy digital. Today I'm planning to play some Farcry 4, so I can check that off the list.

And Persona 4 is A mazing, I sunk a ton of time in to it. It was crazy funny. Have you seen the Persona 5 trailer yet? It looks great.

I've been much less of a completionist lately, as I realized there is just not even time in my life to play games that way...... I'm a recovering trophy/achievement addict lol.
"
MrTiggelez wrote:
...I recently spent some time creating a backlog and came to realize I have almost 200 games that I have waiting to play...... How does someone begin to tackle something like that, especially with a full time job and limited amounts of game time?

I can tend to be a completionist, I have recently been working on this in order to get to playing more of my games, but it still seems impossible.

Does anyone else feel this way?

When I started playing I focused on one game. First there was Empire Earth. Then Soldat. Then World of Warcraft. After WoTLK expansion I stopped playing WoW and started game hopping. But noticed its more stressing than fun. Now I have focused on playing PoE and having fun in it. Not playing competitive. Even though I play HC instead SC.
Ya, I used to play much differently. I played WoW for around 6 years, finally escaping around the time Panda's came out. I tend to avoid MMO's nowadays, as I tend to sell my soul to them. (I have recently been playing Final Fantasy 14 though, it's pretty decent)

There are definitely things that I miss about my MMO days, but while they were cheaper on my wallet, they also required me to play so much more in order to keep up with my friends. I led a raid guild and played games on a schedule, I just can't do that stuff with my current lifestyle anymore.

I'm just starting on POE atm, but so far it seems like a lot of fun. It brings back good memories of my Diablo days.
"
MrTiggelez wrote:
Ya, I used to play much differently. I played WoW for around 6 years, finally escaping around the time Panda's came out. I tend to avoid MMO's nowadays, as I tend to sell my soul to them. (I have recently been playing Final Fantasy 14 though, it's pretty decent)

There are definitely things that I miss about my MMO days, but while they were cheaper on my wallet, they also required me to play so much more in order to keep up with my friends. I led a raid guild and played games on a schedule, I just can't do that stuff with my current lifestyle anymore.

I'm just starting on POE atm, but so far it seems like a lot of fun. It brings back good memories of my Diablo days.

You told that you used to sell your soul to mmo. And raid alot and spend much time when doing that. In that case be a warned. If you are going to play this competitively and be the best of bests. In that case this game can be huge time sink.

But if you are going to be casual and just have fun. In that case you are going to be fine.
"
Therier wrote:
"
MrTiggelez wrote:

You told that you used to sell your soul to mmo. And raid alot and spend much time when doing that. In that case be a warned. If you are going to play this competitively and be the best of bests. In that case this game can be huge time sink.

But if you are going to be casual and just have fun. In that case you are going to be fine.

Unfortunately, nowadays I don't have the time I used to. So it will be the casual scene for me I'm afraid.

This game is really fun though. I'm still in the process of learning my way around, but enjoying it so far!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info