Halp! Weather the Storm

Challenge:
Weather the Storm: Fully clear a Rare map that is affected by both a Tempest prefix and suffix.

Can someone point me to a list of some kind so that I can understand Tempest prefixes and suffixes.

All I know is that Rufus Xavier Sarsaparilla had something to do with pronouns, but I don't know from prefixes and suffixes, let alone which are Tempest.

Also, if I was to try to Alc maps to try to get these prefixes/suffixes, are there maps that I should fully avoid? It would be my squishy ice nova witch and a friends somewhat less squishy incinerate witch.

Thanks!
No tempest affix list on wiki? Strange.

If you do not want to waste rare maps you should run maps you have multiple copies of to check which tempests are currently active. If it has a prefix and suffix it will say for instance 'arctic tempest of precision', once you sniff it out you just alch a copy of that map and run it. Of course, it will be easier if the maps is low tier and/or easy, it's also more likely you will have surplus copies of low maps.

If you have no luck, try later, tempests reset every hour.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
So the maps don't have to have the Tempest mods on them if there is an active Tempest event going? I didn't play in the Tempest league so I am out of the loop.

Edited for stupidity... I just took a better look at the wiki, prefixes and suffixes are in fact listed. It's early, no coffee yet.

Thank you for your help
Last edited by respwnd on Oct 7, 2015, 11:10:17 AM
Yeah, while tempest league mod is active (almost)any area in game can have tempest mods, so if 'tropical island' has a certain tempest active on it, every instance you open there during that hour will have the same tempest mod on it.

"
raics wrote:
Yeah, while tempest league mod is active (almost)any area in game can have tempest mods, so if 'tropical island' has a certain tempest active on it, every instance you open there during that hour will have the same tempest mod on it.

But that won't help with the Challenge right? It needs to be in a map.. right?

I knew I shouldn't have skipped Tempest.
Like I said, you just need to wait until a certain area is affected by tempest that has both a prefix and a suffix.

- run mountain ledge map
- turns out it's affected by 'prolific tempest of assholes'
- exit the map
- alch a mountain ledge map
- clear it
- done

Oh! ok.. well thank you. I would never have figured that out because that's a freaking strange mechanic.

Thanks again
so unless someone has lvl 8 zana which I still an uncertain if that could produce both prefix and suffix. We have to wait until day 10 huh? some people claim to have 20/20 already.
Doesn't really matter, there's no prize for completing all challenges fast and weather the storm is an easy one so it can be left for last.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info