Late game?

Hi guys,

a friend and me got enamored after starting this game a month ago.

Now, after second character, we started to do some maps in order to steadily improve ourselves. But we figured, at lvl 83 now, that we find exclusively crap equipment and rubbish uniques.

We went for the way to improve our current equipment but it's not even possible to roll a 5 link with the amount of fusis we got not to mention the color. The Masters need ages to level up for a good craft option and then is so expensive that we need to farm 7 days daily 30 maps. Today alone, not even any single chaos or alchemy orb. And cards? What is that? We also have trouble to find a high level map. the highest we got was tier 5.

What do we do wrong?

Cheers
NL
Last bumped on Oct 7, 2015, 7:18:55 PM
"
no1337 wrote:
a friend and me got enamored after starting this game a month ago.

Uh, right, sure hope one of you is a girl but who am I to judge as long as feelings are true and intents honorable.

Ok, that aside...

"
no1337 wrote:
we find exclusively crap equipment and rubbish uniques.

Yes, and thats' intended, economy wouldn't function if you found good stuff just like that, so it's rubbish 99% of the time, that's how online trading games work. Given the length of the check list a piece of gear must pass to qualify as an upgrade the chance of finding one perfectly suited for your char is extremely low so it's recommended to farm currency and buy it instead of hoping for a drop.

"
no1337 wrote:
We went for the way to improve our current equipment but it's not even possible to roll a 5 link with the amount of fusis we got not to mention the color.

Right, and you shouldn't do it until you get a piece of gear you know you will stick with, until you do it's much cheaper to buy white 5-link armor of choice and alch it until it's decent enough to wear. Color is a problem only if you need over a half of its sockets in off color.

"
no1337 wrote:
The Masters need ages to level up for a good craft option and then is so expensive that we need to farm 7 days daily 30 maps.

You unlock most mods by level 6 which is fairly fast to achieve in endgame. Only their metacrafting mods are somewhat expensive, others are affordable.

"
no1337 wrote:
Today alone, not even any single chaos or alchemy orb. And cards? What is that?

Chaos orbs are your basic currency, you should do the chaos and regal recipe instead of hoping for a drop. Cards vary in rarity, some are very common and others are very rare, for instance, you can usually complete the flora's gift set by running four or five tropical islands in worst case scenario but you can farm dried lake for months without getting a set of brittle emperor.

"
no1337 wrote:
We also have trouble to find a high level map. the highest we got was tier 5.

Just roll them blue, they will drop and you will start to go up once your pool stabilizes, you shouldn't have much problems going up to tier 8.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Thanks for your reading,

"
Chaos orbs are your basic currency, you should do the chaos and regal recipe instead of hoping for a drop. Cards vary in rarity, some are very common and others are very rare, for instance, you can usually complete the flora's gift set by running four or five tropical islands in worst case scenario but you can farm dried lake for months without getting a set of brittle emperor.

...the issue is still; no currency drop (chaos, regal, exalt) at all. Farming tropical island map 10 times and no drop but frustration.

I would buy or craft a good equipment when i find at least the currency.

So, what do we do wrong?

Cheers
NL
Like I said
"
do the chaos and regal recipe

check the vendor recipe page for details. You can also try doing 20% three-of-the-same alch recipe if you want, I sometimes do.

If you don't want to open a shop and bother with selling items you can still earn good cash by farming low currency like alts, jewelers, chaos and regal, then turn them into exalts.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 7, 2015, 6:18:58 AM
You leave yourself pretty open to opinions when you ask "What are we doing wrong?" so I'll give you mine.

You're looking to "improve" what is already probably "good enough". That's hard. What you should be looking at to improve your characters is leveling up your skill gems, getting quality for them, and tweeking your passives. Items will come when they do. Currency will come when it does. Most of the improvement you're going to see at the level 83+ range comes from simply upping the skill levels on your gems.

Leveling up your masters is good too. Boring as all get out and slow, but something you need to look at. There's a much faster way to level them... called "rotations". Thats where a groups of people all join in each others dailies and just do masters. Nothing else. Goes much faster if you do that.
Hey,

many thanks for the answers. Well, good idea so far. Leveling masters works well. However, without the currency, it's hopeless anyway. Maps drop for level 71 at best - no regal recipe.

We have found in two months 2 exalt and 1 regal orb. Around 100 orb of fusing and 30 chaos orb. In the last week, one chaos orb and 5 orb of fusing. Playing every day for round 4 hours.

This can't be the way...
Somebody doesn't know the chaos recipe. I can make half an exalt in chaos alone through the recipe in 3-4 hours.

I also made 10 exalts in 3 days by flipping currency but not everybody likes that.
"
raics wrote:
... so it's rubbish 99.99% of the time ...

Just a little fix to add more realism :)

If u always play together, i would recommend one of u using strong dps build and another focus more on iir and iiq and cull. This way u will find way way more crap to vendor.

If u play standard and one will play magic finder, than invest 1 ex in iiq gem(it will also increase the amount of currency, u find). Really worth it, imo(there was a reason, it was removed from drop table). Plus use irr gem and this alone will double the amount of rares(=double as often chaos/regal recipe) and uniqs, u find. Getting ~300% irr and ~70-80% iig should be relatively easy and cheap in standard.

The mf character can also be designed to boost the other one even more. For even more clear speed. Can even try and use southbound gloves on dps character(which cann not freeze) to ensure, that all mobs r culled(bit over kill, but maybe fun :) ).
Last edited by 1337fun on Oct 7, 2015, 7:19:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info