My Lightning Caster Templar

Hi everyone,

just wanted to collect some opinions concerning my build/future build plan.

I made this character in CB, after the Templar starting area got revamped and I also had some decent caster items in my stash by then. I am now at level 43.

This is my current build:

I planned it out like this:

I'll be heading for the 2 notable Lightning nodes first, then the +allres/shield nodes and lastly for the witch's starting areas, preferably the mana regen part, since I seem to run OOM pretty fast.

My current gear (self-found mainly):
Spoiler

I am using Spark with ALD, Fork and Life Leech/Item Quantity atm, but originally planned on going for arc + chain. For Auras, I use Clarity at lvl 9 and alternate between Tempest Shield and the ES aura (can't find the name right now), depending on the mobs in an area being mostly melee or ranged. I plan on running all 3 Auras constantly later, but I will at least need a Reduced Mana support for that.

Generally speaking, I do pretty well for now, 1,6k life + 380 ES can tank quite some damage (for now) and the sparks kill everything eventually.

Currently, I am in the middle of Act 2 on Cruel,

So feel free to criticize and point out more efficient skill tree planning.
I'm looking forward to your insights. :)

Edit: Skill Tree now clickable, for your pleasure. :)
Last edited by arekone on Feb 14, 2013, 7:33:33 AM
Bump for greater justice.
Also for input.
Hi.. Another lightning templar here. Your build is pretty much identical to mine - currently at lvl 52:

Went for static blows, picked up some health nodes along the way and headed for the mana regen nodes near the witch starting area.

I wonder why you don't use spell totem? Not only is it doing decent damage - it's also a great distraction. Currently, mine is linked with arc and chain. Once I get something 5L, I will link it with faster casting and maybe lightning penetration as well.

My 'active' is spark with fork and faster casting. I intend to link it with faster projectiles at some point, but haven't found it yet. Also, it is quite mana intensive..

I'm currently in Act1, merciless, and things die at a comfortable pace. With my totem and spark-spam everything gets shock-stacked pretty quickly. Also, I cast conductivity on most stuff - it also helps greatly.

Being a ranged character I don't die too much (compared to my dual dagger shadow, anyway). Currently at ~1.4k life, ~600 ES. If something manages to get close I just pop a granite flask.

Also, I use 'raise spectre' linked with minion hp - it makes for a decent meatshield when needed. What other skills do you use apart from arc/spark/auras?
I'm using my Spell Totem for Conductivity, since I didnt't really need any distraction so far, can tank most mobs up unitl now, but will definitely give it a try with arc (which is idling with its support gems in my wand anyways)

Other then that, I actually only have Enduring Cry, but don't feel the need to use it atm and I will probably put a lightning warp gem somewhere, to get out of some situations/for convenience in certain areas.

Nice to see others playing a similiar build, but I guess ours isn't that irregular. ;)
Nah, you're right. Probably many "Sporks" out there - at least using dual totems. Quickly applying shock stacks to everything is just so very useful when grouping with others ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info