Legacy Items - my 3 salty cents

Even if you played non-stop for the next 20 years in some sort of time bubble, you would not obtain even 1% of the wealth possessed by some of the std players.

Exactly what legacy items are preventing you from creating a certain build and having fun?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Oct 5, 2015, 5:18:53 AM
I agressivly trade for some very valueable legacy items in the past and i have a lot of value tied up into legacy items.
However, i still think that its not fair to new players. Even if they play more and or better than myself, i will literally always have the wealth, and therefor, gear advantage.
If i found out about PoE only now, would i play it ?
Yes i would. Until i realize that everything good and stronk and cool is out of my reach until i resort to some very shady methods and or get praised by RNG-Jesus 3 times in a row.

Not cool.
Yes and give every new player 200 eternals to play around with!

Spoiler
lol
Why do people act like legacy items are theses unobtainable legendary items of yonder. That stopped being the case like 2 years ago.

They are much much cheaper then mirror items and the only thing to buy if your not buying the one of like 5 unquie above 10 exalts.

There there any actual legacy items worth "big money" outside of legacy shavs because people went on a crazy spree of vaal orbing them.

Also theses players didn't magically have theses item fall in their lap. They farmed their asses off for the legacy shavs and they get to keep it. Feel free to buy the better shavs from them.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 5, 2015, 8:45:14 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
Standard is almost 3 years old. A new player will never be able to compete with the old folks. That's just how it is.

not necessarily

honestly my initial goal was to get a mirror worth of currency or legacy item of some type every temp league and ive done it quite a few times

granted back when i got em mirrors were like 100 / 120 / 145 / 180 ex brackets

now its like 270-280

but still you could do it if you really wanted to depends what your goals are really
Last edited by Pepock on Oct 5, 2015, 9:33:33 AM
The biggest problem for me is that the best items in the game can't drop (legacy Kaom e.g.).

So to obtain them, I have to buy them instead of finding them myself.

That takes away a lot of excitement. The fact a mirror could theoretically drop any day is a wonderful thought. The fact that a legacy Kaom can never drop is a major bummer. This goes for any good legacy. Now, if legacies wouldn't exist and items get updated, then the problem doesn't occur: I have a supertiny chance of finding any top item that currently exists in Standard myself.

I play Standard because I don't have the time starting new characters every 4 months btw.

And I already have some good legacies, I wouldn't mind if GGG updates them to the current version. It would make Standard more elegant. Now it's a mess with three versions of some uniques... very confusing for new players also.
"
Soepkieken wrote:
So to obtain them, I have to buy them instead of finding them myself.

That takes away a lot of excitement.

Agree.

This is just me: I am a collector. IRL and here too.
Owning all (unique) items in game (3 copies each - legacy, normal, unidentified) is one of my goals. Even if this is unlikely. The fact that some of them are only available to trade (trade in perma hc, so much phun guis!!!) forces ME (!) to play an efficient but not very enjoyable playstyle.

I ask for nothing but that's what legacy are for me... it's something I HAVE TO work for despite the fact that I don't like it. What a pity! :x
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
Why is never someone mentioning that Legacys can also be weaker than current ones?
But no one is asking for them to get buffed for free.

Higher stats? I have to pay a divine orb to get it while new players get the higher stats for free when it drops.
What if I have a legacy Kaom chest and want that 40% fire resistance? I wouldn't get it even when using a divine orb, it would only update the lower life but not give me the fire resistance I want.

And I really like my legacies and you will never get them muhahahaha.
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
I think owning (or not) legacy items has nothing to do with competing with older players.
Just play the game for yourself and enjoy it.

Btw, if you really want legacy items, just TRADE them. Same for mirrored items. It's just a matter of price.

And saying "it's too expansive, so it's unfair" is not relevant either.
See that Ferrari in the street ? I can't buy it, it's unfair ! Remove it from the market ! :)

Reminds me of an ooooold debate : High Runes in Diablo2... History repeats iteself.

What if those "ferrari,s" cant be made any-more and when they were made it was using a "secret manufacturing technique" that was known only to a select few? Then what?
"Blue warrior shot the food"
"
maxor wrote:
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
I think owning (or not) legacy items has nothing to do with competing with older players.
Just play the game for yourself and enjoy it.

Btw, if you really want legacy items, just TRADE them. Same for mirrored items. It's just a matter of price.

And saying "it's too expansive, so it's unfair" is not relevant either.
See that Ferrari in the street ? I can't buy it, it's unfair ! Remove it from the market ! :)

Reminds me of an ooooold debate : High Runes in Diablo2... History repeats iteself.

What if those "ferrari,s" cant be made any-more and when they were made it was using a "secret manufacturing technique" that was known only to a select few? Then what?

While ferrari's still are obtainable by "everyone"... certain models are "legacy" and are only obtainable via trade ;)
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info