Can't find a decent item

I am pretty sick of gettin one unique every 2 hours and then getting the same garbage for the third time. 99% of the uniques are absolute garbage and unusable. Why am i in merciless when i get lvl 5 uniques dropping for me? Am i missing something? I feel like this "race" stuff breaks down to who is the lucky one to get the gg item.

I cannot find any upgrades and the upgrades there are for trade cost so fucking much i would have to buy currency for real cash. Please fix this. If i leave an item on the ground that means i don't want it and you shouldn't drop it 3 more times just to be sure.

Since i am in merciless i have found 8 uniques. One of them was lvl 44 the rest was below lvl 20 or even 10.

P.S. For people who have the same problem. Don't waste your time farming away solo and dying all the time because you can't find any upgrades. Just get yourself whirling blades with faster attack and whirl through the content till you reach act four. Than look for free map games and start leeching. It is saver and more rewarding since you get nice xp and better loot than in earlier content.
Last edited by Chimmy81 on Oct 5, 2015, 7:56:49 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Alch shards are nice.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Chimmy81 wrote:
I am pretty sick of gettin one unique every 2 hours and then getting the same garbage for the third time. 99% of the uniques are absolute garbage and unusable. Why am i in merciless when i get lvl 5 uniques dropping for me? Am i missing something? I feel like this "race" stuff breaks down to who is the lucky one to get the gg item.

I cannot find any upgrades and the upgrades there are for trade cost so fucking much i would have to buy currency for real cash. Please fix this. If i leave an item on the ground that means i don't want it and you shouldn't drop it 3 more times just to be sure.

Welcome to Path of Exile.

With players getting to level 70+ in the first 24 hours, you probably just need to get better at this game.
Everyone can get to lvl 70 with cookiecutter builds that don't require items.
"
Chimmy81 wrote:
Everyone can get to lvl 70 with cookiecutter builds that don't require items.

So you want to play your unoptimized builds that require very good items to even work, and then you're complaining about no good items dropping.

Maybe PoE isn't the game for you then.
I agree that most unique items are crap and are only good for the straight-flush recipe, or direct vendor sale.

And it's even worth for the uniques that have a "bad mod" for (presumably) balance purposes.
"
I agree that most unique items are crap and are only good for the straight-flush recipe

You mean the Unique/Rare/Magic/Normal? Even this one is hard to use, because crappy uniques have usualy low bases, which are unlikely to drop in high level areas. e.g, good luck to find a Gnarled Branch in dried lake.

Also, to use this recipe, you need dedicated tabs, you have to add the items you need in your filter with a special color, update your filter when they drop etc.. and then when you go back to town with your inventory full, half of the time you forget and sell them with the rest.

We would need a better recipe, like 3x the same unique = 1C. It would be a little bit less frustrating.
"
LordAdagio wrote:
Also, to use this recipe, you need dedicated tabs, you have to add the items you need in your filter with a special color, update your filter when they drop etc.. and then when you go back to town with your inventory full, half of the time you forget and sell them with the rest.

Lol! Thats about right. The last time I used that recipe was when norm merv farming was a thing. It was fairly easy to complete with those runs and I am still not sure it was worth it.
"
Yeah unfortunately the game's code doesn't support tailoring drops to an individuals specified preferences. Sorry.

Wow you completely missed the point.
If you constantly found "decent" or above items then everyone else would find "decent above items."

Then anything above that you wouldn't be able to get in a timely manner because nobody would want to buy your at best average shit.

Your at the stage of your character where you just "grind." There is nothing more too it really. If grinding is boring then you should stop your PoE adventure until next season.

Also is this a post from like 2013. PoE really isn't that hard anymore to level yourself and get yourself decently equipped.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 5, 2015, 8:49:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info