Lag Spikes And High Latency

From yesterday evening the game has suddenly become unplayable because of lag spikes, the latency graph essentially flatlines, and the does so at very high numbers. I was playing on the Singapore gateway when it happened first, so I eventually changed to London. I had to turn the game off for a bit, when I came back in an hour, it was happening with London and Amsterdam too.

Today morning I started the game and Singapore was working fine, after a few tries. But I cannot play in any instance except Singapore. Australian realm was looking okay though. I had high latency but it was around 300-350 and playable. Not like the 900+ numbers and flat-lining I saw on other realms. Any US or EU realms cause very high latency and make the game unplayable.

This wasn't happening before yesterday, as I was playing in parties with EU instances just fine, and after the Singapore gateway started troubling me, I even shifted to London which was working fine for a bit.

Winmtr Paste: http://pastebin.com/9DeD2aGx

Please help me with this. I have been looking forward to the 1 month leagues, and this has made them unplayable.
Hi

In your WinMTR is a packetloss starting with this router: 62.216.147.73 owned by Reliance Globalcom Limited. Your ISP is Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. ? If thats the case you have a real problem.

You should contact your ISP and send your WinMTR to them. The Problem is it looks like they dont have direct access to it. Hopefully they can change your trace route to skip this router or contact the other company to get the problem solved.

Meantime you can use a VPN like WTFast to change your trace route. Sometimes it helps.

GL
Why am I fine on Singapore though? As long as the instance is on Singapore, I can play fine, but as soon as I get on any other gateway, or even if I am on Singapore gateway, if I go into an instance on any other gateway, everything goes to hell.

Making partying impossible, and I can't play with any of my friends or guildies.

MTR on Singapore gateway: http://pastebin.com/gviuhLhs
Last edited by FireSword5 on Oct 4, 2015, 4:37:38 PM
Hi

Hum... sry i dont know how the instances work together if you connect to singapore and play with a friend in EU.
Your WinMTR for Singapore shows that you arent using the broken router. But a packetloss still happens. This time its a router from networklayer close to the PoE Server.
looks like your connection to singapore is better (less packetloss) than your connection to london.
Well packetloss have lots of possible reasons and one could be a frequently overused router.

It is possible that you are fine on singapore because all games, streams, internetpages can handle some packetloss. Its pretty normal that some packets are lost. But if there are more than a single router with packet loss or one router has high packetloss, chances are great that you will notice lag spikes and an unplayable game.

I dont know why, but PoE seems to be affected even with minor packetloss at the moment. And i am really sorry but i dont know how to help you. I am new to this internet problems (got my own packetloss shitt few days ago, seems to be solved...) and you need somebody who knows more than me :(
Last edited by FieselWiesel on Oct 4, 2015, 6:05:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info