Nobody Cares That I'm Leaving. But They Might Care Why.

Hi

100% Agreeing with a lot of these comments in this post but can't help but feel the deja-vu of having written similar comments over the years and GGG continues to plug away with its half developed leagues and endless clipping mtx'es.

GGG is indeed playing War games with us.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Haha! I also hope that that game will become worth returning to but I feel fairly pessimistic about that possibility. You seemed to have a bit of an optimistic outlook which I just borrowed for some contrast.
I read your entire OP and can only say that I agree 100%, especially with your TLDR conclusion:
"
demon9675 wrote:
PoE took way too much of my time for very little fun or payoff, and instead began to feel like a tedious job.

So, where is the fun for me in PoE? Playing maps with difficult bosses and mods, preferable unidentified maps. How many hours do I have to play to even get to maps? How many more hours to get semi-decent gear that allows me to (probably) survive my adventures? The answer is: Too long.

PoE is a game that is designed for people who play entire days and nights and want the grind to last as long as possible. And I'm actually having more fun on the forum than in the game. =D
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
if u guys actually stop bothering end game.

The fun would be there.

I started a flame totem with a friend of mine, with the intention to die a lot.

We run self find, pick up whatever loots we can wear, didnt bother to grind for 1.
We also try to open a strong box in the middle of large mob packs and survived, that was so many moments of "omg I actually survive with this gimp gear"

I look at the public parties, very little of them show up. Most of them is trying to rush the contents with their twink lvling gear or even put on a tabula that is given by their main char. Then when they reach end game the complain there is nothing fun to play.

Really Just play POE the way u wanted to play. Dont bother about end game craps. *think of any crazy idea, roll a new char, and do it the LOL.
I care about why you are leaving. And I fully understand why you are leaving. You didn't really need to go much beyond the fact that this game is not rewarding and does not respect permanency. I doubt GGG even play their own game. Just as long as it's L44T in the eyes of the streamers it's a good game. I disliked D3 but at least Blizzard were honest about what kind of a game they were trying to create in the end. POE wants to be successful but it's far too caught up in trying to be cool and "true" to its goals, despite the fact the majority of its player base hate the development direction it takes. Good luck gaining further support GGG. Come back when you know what works but also aligns with your core beliefs. Just drop the try hard leet stance. It's just sad.
They probably don't care that you're leaving. You are hopefully correct that they care why.

Posts like these should be stickied for being well thought out and accurate feedback by players leaving. That way if/when, numbers really start dwindling they can look back and answer their own question of "why".

Good luck on your future endeavors
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
"
Darkkrows wrote:
if u guys actually stop bothering end game.

The fun would be there.

I started a flame totem with a friend of mine, with the intention to die a lot.

We run self find, pick up whatever loots we can wear, didnt bother to grind for 1.
We also try to open a strong box in the middle of large mob packs and survived, that was so many moments of "omg I actually survive with this gimp gear"

I look at the public parties, very little of them show up. Most of them is trying to rush the contents with their twink lvling gear or even put on a tabula that is given by their main char. Then when they reach end game the complain there is nothing fun to play.

Really Just play POE the way u wanted to play. Dont bother about end game craps. *think of any crazy idea, roll a new char, and do it the LOL.

You've been playing a few months, get back to us that are "complaining" in a few years and say there's still lots to do. I think you're playing THE most boring build you can make in this entire game so then again, our idea of what is "fun" may be significantly different.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
While I agree that the OP makes a lot of well thought-out points, I think Darkkrows also has a point. I too don't care too much about the endgame because just getting a character to 90 (which I haven't done so far because I keep starting new ones) is enough enjoyment for me. This way, I've been playing the game on and off for the last two years and still like to play. Of course, I don't play thirty hours a week and don't get burnt out so fast.

Like I said, many well thought-out points for things to be improved. However, it's worth asking if a game which has apparently kept many of you (in this thread) motivated for playing thousands of hours really failed so hard at so many things like you seem to think.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
"
demon9675 wrote:
The simple TLDR answer to why I’m leaving is ....

I really hope people do not stop reading after the tldr version because this thread provides some serious feedback!
In case you are looking for a new game and would like to be part of it right from the start:
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
^ Hats off for enjoying it that way, honestly. For anyone who does prefer the endgame though, its lacking. Or rather, access to it is.

E: that post of his just made me smile. Starts off with "don't tell others what they should enjoy". Follows up with, play it more like me, you'll enjoy it more. Uses flame totem build as example. Like, cmon.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Oct 4, 2015, 8:56:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info