Want to make build a Team Utility /Aura Buff Templar,with mediocre damage and Good Tankiness

I have a basic idea of what i want my templar to be like,any tips and guidance on where to start allocating my points on passive tree and item choices are welcome :) Suggest me weapon and armor selection !

this is the passive build i came up with :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAW8B3ASzBS0FWwthDH0QfxLZEuEUTRW4FkAY1xo-G_ojoyXfKLUo-ikuKU8quiymMtE0CjS-N0c3ZjeDOtg8LTyOPfxBh0NjRUdGcU3YUFBVqVfJWGNY9VnzXPRgS2CIYSFmnmbZZ5tn4muscU107XfjeA15aHq4eu98uIFvgseESITZhO-FfYx2jM-TJ5UgljKXtJrPncSePKLqpBmmPqbrqW6sqqy6rj6uk7QMtHO1BLXytzG3PriTvorAGsEExp7GrsbYyFvLmNUs4urkIuq66-7sOO9O8B_xrPZI
Last edited by FahimAJ on Feb 15, 2013, 6:12:21 AM
bump
Bump
From the looks of it, you are kind of spreading yourself thin

Your points and goals are all over the place.

You are basically asking everything possible out of a character, there usually has to be some give and take :P

The #1 problem i'm seeing is...where is your mana going to come from for supporting auras? (which take huge amounts of mana reserves!)

You basically NEED eldritch battery to support multiple auras.

I am actually going with a very similar style build except 1 major aspect

Sacrificing tankiness for MUCH MORE team utility + more damage overall

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fO2hmBtfVOdgIM4FE0Es6IA8B-BbwJxnjxN2Hy7jHY62PNxJIvsOD0PGjjE9n31p4Qn7RNbkFXz3RkuZOfAGtSPVdZmnrndcU360vIv7w6azzbp51JDYySq42pUSbcxGYVfP1j1GmydxJ2upwja3RVQj0a4k9DQDH3N-puhz2UQf3yDZ71VxsaeES1irBZvg_ehbR8C1p0EB0yzLR9tGTvhwfPi94IeoqOnK9sLf8aLeiepflkI9FpteQMkPMBUMYinXElRxBX2SIzPUFBYY8bY

Something like this offers you hugely increased mana capacity for auras (lots and lots of auras)

Use freezing pulse w/ added lightning,lesser multiple projectiles, projectile speed to chill/freeze/shock enemies (CC+DPS boost for allies)
You are still tanky with lots of HP, lots of all resist...just sacrificing energy shield for more mana for auras.

This build also offers all the int/strength to use any level skill and enough dex to use up to lvl 14-15 skills without any +stats from gear

Spoiler = Stat bonus totals
Spoiler

Base Stats:
+292 to Strength
+124 to Dexterity
+312 to Intelligence

Bonus Mana Stats:
+216 to maximum Mana
60% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
28% increased maximum Mana
7% reduced Mana Cost of Skills
10% reduced Mana Reserved