"life gain on crit", and "life regen on non-crit, degen on crit" support gems

both of these work with spells, melee, and ranged.

life gain on critical hit
slightly stronger version of life gain on hit, so you have another choice instead of being limited to LL only.
comparison
<level>: lgoh / lgoc
1: 6 / 16
10: 24 / 64
20: 40 / 107

mana multiplier = 200%

life regen on non-critical hit

gives a stacking regen of <gem level> life per second, for each non-crit, and the opposite for each crit.

each stack lasts for 1 second + (<gem level> /20)
level 1 = 1.05 seconds
level 20 = 2 seconds.

with something like ball lightning into a pack of 10 mobs, you would get between 20 and 30 stacks for 2 seconds per cast.

for something like incinerate with cast time .075, into a pack of 10 mobs, with gmp; you would get something like 66.67 stacks per second.

keep in mind zealot's oath also exists.

also, these are meant to be compared to life leech, and not be decidedly better or worse than LL.
Last edited by svnhddbst on Oct 3, 2015, 5:21:49 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
No to the crit versions. There are already enough benefits for critical strikes.

A very good scaling damage bonus.
Status Ailments.
A lot of great uniques give special effects when critting (like Atziri's Acuity or Voll's Protector).
Power Charge on Critical Strike adds even more to the strength of crits and don't get me started with Cast on Critical Strike spam.
And now you want to add a better life gain on hit version for them? Giving 3,333... to 5 times the amount of life?

A no is actually not enough for that suggestion but... I try to keep calm.

The second gem, crits give the opposite effect? So do they loose life than?
"
SuperMotte wrote:
No to the crit versions. There are already enough benefits for critical strikes.

A very good scaling damage bonus.
Status Ailments.
A lot of great uniques give special effects when critting (like Atziri's Acuity or Voll's Protector).
Power Charge on Critical Strike adds even more to the strength of crits and don't get me started with Cast on Critical Strike spam.
And now you want to add a better life gain on hit version for them? Giving 3,333... to 5 times the amount of life?

A no is actually not enough for that suggestion but... I try to keep calm.

The second gem, crits give the opposite effect? So do they loose life than?

okay, tone down life gain on crit. i intend it to be an alternative to LL, not to be better than it.

as to the second, yes if you crit with the regen one, it does apply a life degen to you.
Crit already has soooo many benefits. Just check the "Gain flask charges on crit strike" mod. It is insane. And there isnt even a version which does the same on stun.

So, no. I am against it.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Oct 3, 2015, 5:41:39 PM
Well if you really want something on Crit:

When Crit on Hit : deal 500% More damage. Cannot Critical Strike for the next 4 seconds.

When Crit on Hit : Monsters gain movement speed buff

When Crit on Hit : Casts this spell linked to the attack that critical strikes. This spell cannot be manually cast (the gem is a trigger skill gem that requires a Critical Strike, not a trigger support gem).
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
Hi

I would sooner prefer to see a support gem that converts curses into auras...

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
i find this "would sooner see curse as aura" here, since i did make that suggestion a long time ago.
I got the feeling lgoh for spells might be a bit op.
On the other hand we got cybils already.
How about Life Regen on Kill : Regenerate 0.3% of your life per second for # seconds on kill.

This might not sound like a lot, but kill a pack of ten enemies and that is a brief 3% regen.
It could enable Zealots Oath gimmicks without a natural passive regen.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
"
IlluminaBlade wrote:
How about Life Regen on Kill : Regenerate 0.3% of your life per second for # seconds on kill.

This might not sound like a lot, but kill a pack of ten enemies and that is a brief 3% regen.
It could enable Zealots Oath gimmicks without a natural passive regen.

Doesn't the Life Leech gem do more or less the same thing?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info