Regarding locked threads that thematized the globe appearances

Caridor, when you make far-fetched assumptions about a person you know nothing about, you risk public embarrassment.

"
Caridor wrote:
I look forward to your angry, fanboy reply, trying to make it look like I haven't just crushed every single argument you have.

The only thing you crushed was your own credibility. And, by the way, supporter tags can be hidden. I've spent several hundred dollars, it's modest in comparison to others, but I choose to not show even that. Charan's case is an extreme one - although he sometimes shows a lengthy list of supporter packs which is a bit inconvenient because it turns even his one-liner posts into multi-liners.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Oct 4, 2015, 12:35:43 PM
Anti-consumer?

I've paid less than $2/hour for the entertainment provided by PoE thus far. That's great value!

In fact, I feel a bit nasty that I haven't given more. so, the next time I so, it will be in your name, sir. :)

"
Bars wrote:
Caridor, when you make far-fetched assumptions about a person you know nothing about, you risk public embarrassment.

"
Caridor wrote:
I look forward to your angry, fanboy reply, trying to make it look like I haven't just crushed every single argument you have.

The only thing you crushed was your own credibility. And, by the way, supporter tags can be hidden. I've spent several hundred dollars, it's modest in comparison to others, but I choose to now show even that. In Charan's case, it's a bit more extreme - although he sometimes shows list of supporter packs which is a bit inconvenient because it turns even his one-liner posts into multi-liners.

Well, if I got the wrong impression of him, maybe he should act in a way that would give the right impression, rather than making himself look like the biggest possible fanboy to ever exist.
If you are intelligent, you rarely act like a moron. If you are funny, you rarely try to be as unfunny as possible. You can't blame me for assuming he's a fanboy, when he acts like an irrational fanboy.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
He's not "anti-consumer"... he's pro consumer. He's compensating for the idiocy he sees in people complaining about an insignificant change to the appearance of the game.

"
Anti-consumer?

I've paid less than $2/hour for the entertainment provided by PoE thus far. That's great value!

In fact, I feel a bit nasty that I haven't given more. so, the next time I so, it will be in your name, sir. :)

Ok, ok, so let me get this straight.
You two think that deliberately opposing the ability to get customisable UIs, is pro-consumer? Just let that sink in for a moment.
You think that being unable to customise the UI, is beneficial to the player (ie. the consumer)?
Let me just leave aside the idea of the ladies on the globes for one and talk about people with say, vision defects. I myself have astigmatism, which limits my long range vision, yet in some people, it can be short range or even a narrowing of the field in which they can see clearly. Let us consider the last group. Their healthbar and mana bar are a blur. They can't tell if they're on half health or full health. Wouldn't it be great for them, if they could move their UI around and put those in the middle? But no, you guys are paying money to make sure that they can't do that, meaning they cannot play the game.
Another consideration, would be for say, party play. You may want to have your party's health on the screen or not, you may want to have them bigger or smaller or in a different location. The point is the choice should be the player's.
Hell, they may want something even simpler like bigger health globes so they can see them easier!

That is what you guys are opposing and for some reason, you think that is beneficial.
This game doesn't have a colour blind option, would you oppose that as well? An option being available to the player is NEVER a bad thing.
"
Caridor wrote:
If you are intelligent, you rarely act like a moron.

Thank you, that made my day. I love irony.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Oct 4, 2015, 1:12:25 PM
"
Bars wrote:
"
Caridor wrote:

Couple of things to bare in mind.

1) Just because you disagree with something doesn't make it stupid.

2) Report button is right there and thinly veiled insults are still insults.
Last edited by Caridor on Oct 4, 2015, 1:22:18 PM
"
Caridor wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
"
Caridor wrote:

Couple of things to bare in mind.

1) Just because you disagree with something doesn't make it stupid.

2) Report button is right there and thinly veiled insults are still insults.

I'm sorry, I thought veiled insults were OK in your book. Your repeated use of direct insults misled me.

Gotta say, you turned this thread into a demonstration why locking is sometimes a good choice. Never thought I'd regret some of the harsher things I've said about the mods, but here it is - I feel like an ass now.
Last edited by Bars on Oct 4, 2015, 1:29:09 PM
As for me locking globe girls thread and later on locking threads complaining about it are a censorship, and it shows that GGG don't have any idea how to deal with massive compliment about new globes, so they simply locked thread trying to shut ours mouth. Good Job Forum "moderators".

EDIT:
the reason regarding locking globe girls thread that moderators gave us can be used in locking every future thread. So be aware.
Aye Aye Captain!
Last edited by jeż on Oct 4, 2015, 1:30:04 PM
"
Caridor wrote:

So you'd pay money to be anti-consumer?
You could get a job at EA if you worked out exactly what kind of witchcraft made you think that's a good idea.
You are essentially paying money to ensure that they don't give us a customisable UI. Why on earth would want that?

To spite people who complain about the tiniest things. I preferred the GG version, but I hate bullies. I hate when SJW try to bully an indy company. I also hate when customers try to bully an indy company.

"
Bars wrote:

I'm sorry, I thought veiled insults were OK in your book. Your repeated use of direct insults misled me.

For example? If you're referring to my use of the word "Fanboy", then I'd like to know how being a fan is a bad thing, as it would have to, in order for it to be an insult.
"
Barivius wrote:
"
Caridor wrote:

So you'd pay money to be anti-consumer?
You could get a job at EA if you worked out exactly what kind of witchcraft made you think that's a good idea.
You are essentially paying money to ensure that they don't give us a customisable UI. Why on earth would want that?

To spite people who complain about the tiniest things. I preferred the GG version, but I hate bullies. I hate when SJW try to bully an indy company. I also hate when customers try to bully an indy company.

As do I. Good thing that isn't happening here.
Voting with your wallet is a form of protest, not extortion or bullying.
I am protesting against their refusal to provide an option, that people evidently care about and could be implemented during a lunch break.
However, to complain about people doing that, is to indicate that we should give them money, no matter what they do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info