Regarding locked threads that thematized the globe appearances

My claim is that your posts are bad for the long term health of the forums and community. You keep doing it though. Nothing to stop you. You're within the guidelines set forth by the moderators that you're complaining about.

All we can do is ask you to stop. Politely. With all due respect given to a fellow human being.

You're free to continue, but please don't.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
My claim is that your posts are bad for the long term health of the forums and community. You keep doing it though. Nothing to stop you. You're within the guidelines set forth by the moderators that you're complaining about.

All we can do is ask you to stop. Politely. With all due respect given to a fellow human being.

You're free to continue, but please don't.

A claim is worthless without argumentation. Not everything in life is logic and cold facts, however. Polite disagreement and a kind request are worthy of respect.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:

A claim is worthless without argumentation.

False.
well, the discussion was going nowhere, the thread had become a pseudo-sticky with nothing productive coming from it at its late stage of life. I just disliked the last message.

you can call anything "problematic" if you want. But back up your claims, say which posts you have problems with, etc.
I'd say such actions by the moderation team are far more "problematic".

But honestly, after my last temp ban when I saw me being punished for something one other poster did 3 times in same thread unpunished even after I PMed them about it (and I'd be ok with my ban being lifted instead, all I wanted was equal treatment) I've given up on it. I see how it goes. Bex does a fantastic job, but she cant clear bias some have.

I imagine the members of support who read this that are at fault will find themselves to be poor innocent accused or just laugh at it. While the rest might wonder if they did anything wrong. To the latter I apologize. and no, dont PM me, I dont wanna talk about it anymore. I've had enough of taking this forum seriously. this should probably be my last post in such vein.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Oct 3, 2015, 12:11:38 PM
I want the old ui back, it was far better before, the skull and the lion look out of place, atleast the life and the death can have a human shape. But why a skull for the life and a lion for the mana? it doesnt make sense.

And the girls were sexier. Eye candy never hurts.

I will never be good but always I try to improve.
I may have been a tad bit harsh but I still see this forum as a microcosm of the world at large. This ongoing posting war between staff and players is really getting old. I get that it's a private company and it can regulate what it will allow as acceptable speech. I also know this has come about because people are mean and rude or missed tone and body language. I suppose too, that some statements don't carry over to other cultures very well. People should ask for clarification on what was meant before flying off the handle.

I think mods should stop preemptively shutting down potentially touchy subjects. I suspect that people could be better at policing themselves. Maybe have some sort of built in pop-up that asks "Are you really sure that's what you want to say? Are you being emotional? Please think a moment" Make it large and red an in your face with link to forum rules perhaps. One way to slow down knee-jerk reactions due to not thinking through a response. I think there are a number of instances where mods should just let it ride and not interfere. Let them be stupidly rude and others will call them on it. If responses are flying hot and heavy you could suspend a thread for a few hours and see if folks cool off. Re-open it later. Make sure you say that's what your doing so they don't go opening new versions. Have people edit their own posts. This would lead to better understanding all 'round. Probations should only be handed out in extreme cases.

I suspect many use a forum like this to feel like they have some ability to contribute to change whereas in the outside world there is very little anyone can do to change the course of destruction the globalists seem bent on. I agree that the game is a form of escapism, a way to forget about the crap we can't fix. I do think it's a better option than the programing on the boob tube.

As for the UI, ehh, I liked the original and would prefer it didn't change. But really I don't see it while playing, I just want to know if my balls are full and when to hit the fill button. They might as well just be naked balls with no art what so ever.
I support GGG's moderation. I wished they'd amp it up a bit honestly and permanently ban the instigators that won't let this topic die and seem to be keeping it alive for the sake of their own entertainment. This is bad for business more than anything that's being argued. I can't believe that a person would be championing such a frivolous cause - please find a better use of your time and respect the owners of the house you're in.

This reminds me of when I worked as a manager in retail. It wasn't uncommon to get a really nasty customer who was intent on winning an unreasonable battle. Sometimes they would, the first time. But as time goes on, and they just don't stop, eventually we tell them in no uncertain terms to leave, we don't need your business. Oh, yeah, you actually need to, you're trespassing, shall I call the police to remove you? When it's all said and done after a big scene, we generally had customers around the store come to the employees and thank us for taking a stand and removing the disturbing individual.

So... that's what this looks like me.

For the record, since it is what this thread is actually about, I did vote for the globe girls in that poll. And it just doesn't matter, they've heard our feedback, I respect them, and I feel they respect us despite not being able to bend to our every whim. Oh wait, that's actually one of the reasons I respect them.
Last edited by Shaihalud222 on Oct 3, 2015, 2:03:04 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

False.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

False.

True.

Or is that ambiguous? In any case, I am glad to see this thread still open. It will probably fade away rather quickly, but that's just part of a healthy forum. Stifling discussion is almost but not quite invariably harmful to having a healthy forum, which imo provides a large chunk of the "reason" for:

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
. There's a reason that the first page of GD has posts on it that are three days old and not off the bottom yet. No one wants to post anymore.

IMO, GGG and the playing community would be well served by revisiting how they decide when it's really appropriate to take action on posts. The preemptive locks on threads that are very likely to get players into probationary territory are a good thing, IMO.

"
I know that. But why don't you guys use something other than the 'globe girls' as a platform to drive your agenda?

I'm not sure that there is any agenda. The UI was brought up in the initial post and some responses, because the 60 page thread discussing it was locked, and the following related posts

So which aspects of the game are now taboo for discussion?
Poll: forum moderation
PoE interface poll and discussion

were locked.

The original thread had long devolved from being toxic, and was beginning to sunset.

Ah, now back to playing the game where they are Selling Large Bags of Tart Red Apples!

Wait, weren't those apples green before?

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
double post - deleted
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Oct 3, 2015, 3:27:58 PM
"
Shaihalud222 wrote:
I support GGG's moderation. I wished they'd amp it up a bit honestly and permanently ban the instigators that won't let this topic die and seem to be keeping it alive for the sake of their own entertainment. This is bad for business more than anything that's being argued. I can't believe that a person would be championing such a frivolous cause - please find a better use of your time and respect the owners of the house you're in.

This reminds me of when I worked as a manager in retail. It wasn't uncommon to get a really nasty customer who was intent on winning an unreasonable battle. Sometimes they would, the first time. But as time goes on, and they just don't stop, eventually we tell them in no uncertain terms to leave, we don't need your business. Oh, yeah, you actually need to, you're trespassing, shall I call the police to remove you? When it's all said and done after a big scene, we generally had customers around the store come to the employees and thank us for taking a stand and removing the disturbing individual.

So... that's what this looks like me.

In the vein of your analogy, I'd say the original metatopic is more like a product that customers liked and a retail store stopped carrying. The manager has said the company has changed products. Other customers come in, and some like the new product, many don't seem to care and some still do care and want the old product back. Customers don't understand or agree with shelf space limitations, or the incentives vendors will offer to get new product on the shelf, even if it means losing some temporary sales.

There are times when those pesky customers are right - especially when it comes to products that they prefer. Imagine a single item tucked away at the bottom of being worth millions in sales, and making more money than the entire two shelves of similar product above it.

The executives who knew better had stopped listening. It took a few years, but the customers got the product back, and the company made huge sales over the ensuing years. I wish I could be more specific, but disclosure rules prohibit it.

That item and another similar item with a similar history probably now bring in as much revenue as Grinding Gear Games does.

There's a third item, but the executives who know better still aren't listening after two and a half years. When it finally goes through, and it will, it will be worth multiple dozens of millions of dollars in sales. Had the powers that be acted in time, the sales would have been double that.

Never stop listening to the customer. You can nod your head and just pretend to hear them, but by and large, most of them will just go elsewhere before they will take the time to bring up complaints or suggestions.

There's a reason companies are making such an effort to get feedback from their customers, and it isn't because they only want to hear the good responses.

Last edited by DalaiLama on Oct 3, 2015, 3:28:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info