Disconnect on unique drop, fishy as fck or coincidence?

Ok I joined a party which had Permanent Allocation setting as default party loot distribution and we started mapping. As soon as we get into the map, we kill a few packs and a moment later, I get a unique drop (Fiend Dagger).

Not a second later I get disconnected. Not BEFORE the drop or LATER after the drop. EXACTLY the moment it dropped.

Coincidence or some sort of DC script upon unique drops? Who knows, anything is possible.

I gave the benefit of the doubt and immediately took a picture of the party members, as soon as i re-logged.

Anyone aware of such events?
Yeah, i heard stories. But they are actually just rumors. If this was the first time that this was happening to you, it was probably just a co-incidence.
The darkness looms forebodingly...
"
Corpseshock wrote:
Yeah, i heard stories. But they are actually just rumors. If this was the first time that this was happening to you, it was probably just a co-incidence.

eeew public parties, stay out of that shit, find some "real" friends and play with them.. i know the people i play with would give me my mirror if it dropped as my loot and i d/c.
That DC script only works if you have D3 on you hard drive. Uninstall and they can't run that script on you.
Well technically if it was "exactly" when it dropped you would had DCed before you saw it because it exists before it actually lands on the ground and you can see it to pick it up.
Hmmm... I haven't experienced that myself but I had heard that it was a secret plot by GGG to weed out the PoE looky-loos from the real hardcore players. If you don't ragequit but come back to beat your exile's head against the game content wall then you are a real hardcore player and that's the kind of player GGG wants to cultivate. If GGG can get all players to march in lockstep with their own personal view of the ideal arpg then there would be fewer rage or rant posts here and the devs would have a much easier time adding new game features instead of re-balancing existing skills.

Aren't the PoE forums the greatest place for conspiracy theorizing or what?

Rock on GGG.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Oct 3, 2015, 9:32:14 AM
"
Indeed, I was chatting with Chris on Skype (mostly about My Little Pony but a little Monster High too) and he was like 'omg hang on someone just found a unique, I better disconnect them' and I was like 'don't you have a script for that dude?' and he was like 'We at GGG believe in the personal touch'.

AND THEN I WOKE UP AND IT WAS ALL A DREAM AND YOU WERE THERE AND YOU WERE THERE AND YOU WERE THERE...

Except you, you weren't there, because you're a pumpkin, and everyone knows pumpkins went extinct in Wraeclast during the Great Cataclysm, along with all the fish.

So long. Thanks.

I once told steve davis (the snooker player) that he was an arse hole for cutting in line at kansai airport. What do i win?
"Blue warrior shot the food"
I've played poker with Bill Gates... am I in the running?
"
Indeed, I was chatting with Chris on Skype (mostly about My Little Pony but a little Monster High too) and he was like 'omg hang on someone just found a unique, I better disconnect them' and I was like 'don't you have a script for that dude?' and he was like 'We at GGG believe in the personal touch'.

AND THEN I WOKE UP AND IT WAS ALL A DREAM AND YOU WERE THERE AND YOU WERE THERE AND YOU WERE THERE...

Except you, you weren't there, because you're a pumpkin, and everyone knows pumpkins went extinct in Wraeclast during the Great Cataclysm, along with all the fish.

So long. Thanks.

I think you misunderstood the OP.

He is not suggesting that Chris (this developer everyone seems to be on a first-name basis with) or the development team is intentionally disconnecting people when a unique drops.

He means the players themselves - who may be using some nefarious method to cause disconnections. Which is entirely possible.

Shenanigans like this are all too common on MMORPGs. It's worth looking into.
Last edited by Berylstone on Oct 4, 2015, 11:10:16 AM
"

So long. Thanks.

False: I have pumpkins in my hideout

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info