A few beta impressions

A quick few notes on my first hours in the beta.

I love it. It has that just-one-more-level/item/waypoint feeling (to the point where I got up 2 hours early to be able to play this morning). I wasn't convinced of the graphics from the screenshots but in motion I (coming from mostly playing PS3 the last few years) find it amazing.

My templar has made it through act 1 hardcore without any real near-death experiences, but the enemies are beginning to hurt more and more, and the moment monster level gets above character level things get a bit more exciting.

I have yet to find any support gems and there are plenty of sockets around, so this far the skill gem system plays just like any other system, where I get a new skill every few levels and it improves as I do.

As for the passive skill tree, it's huge to the point where I have to scroll and trace back to see where any given path takes me =)

So far I've been soloing to be able to take everything in my own pace, but from the global chat it seems to be a nice crowd that's in the game so far.

Last bumped on Aug 18, 2011, 3:59:50 PM
Glad you like it!

The support gems start getting given out as quest rewards from act two onwards, so hopefully you'll be able to augment your build there :)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Yep Chris the game is looking very solid. You guys should congratulate yourselves on work well done for it to be this fun when it's only like 2/3 finished.

I agree the passive tree needs zoom but Jonathan said there's gonna be an overhaul of it so I'll wait for that. Also agree there is a noted shortage of support gems for the first several hours of the game. Older players say this improves a bit later on though I'll wait it out.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
I've started to play a mage class? the Witch. Long time ago in most RPG games (both are well-known, hehe) i prefered magic or ranger characters.
I've chosen this class with one single intent: "If you have frost spells and pets, you can make an impenetrable build".

I've remembered the days of youth when played the hardcore mode. I've looked into the Skill Tree and created the most powerful Witch build (to be honest, I flipped those pages a couple of times, got lost and went back, hehe). You know, a build that only a russian beta-tester like me could do. :)

Unavailable

So, i took some vodka and i went to liberate this world of darkness. I'v used frost spells, freezing 'em, raised my fellow zombie and finished them icy enemies. No one could stand in my way without limbs being frozen. That's the way!
Oh well, my character died when I went to the kitchen to help my wife make some waffles. So it was!

Yes, in game there is a lot of adequate gamers, they did not even strongly criticize my English.

This game looks very good.
Spasibo! :)
Last edited by terghalin on Aug 11, 2011, 9:32:25 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Sounds great so far! can't wait to test it myself =)
Glad to hear you liked it, I sure hope I can enjoy it here soon! Please please please
hope i can try it too soon
sounds fun!
i think im addicted
Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know. As soon as I manage to get a few hours of gameplay of this most excellent game I will definitely be posting up my impressions of everything I can think of (and are allowed to show you guys) about this game. Hopefully with some screen shots.

I am very excited to get into the game and check it out, but I am also dying to share my thoughts with everyone that I can.

I know exactly how it feels to really really want to play a game so you spend hours and hours everyday trying to find every piece of information you can. So it would be my pleasure to try and alleviate some of that stress for those of you who aren't lucky enough to get in. =)
WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!
Last edited by Nightblaze1 on Aug 11, 2011, 6:21:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info