Map drop buffs

So if they budffed the droprate why am i getting even less maps now? have been mapping all day and 0 high tier maps dropped so basicly i am out of high tier maps now, got a couple of 77 left and i do mean only a couple but thats it, literaly 0 maps dropped.
But he at least they have fugly ass colouring now the very few i own that is.
You know what is the most fundamental part of a game is?
Its simple being able to actualy play the game.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yea, same.

I really hope this is just some error and there is no buff or it doesn't work properly.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1407331/page/9
RNG, just because they increased the drop rate dose not mean you can't get bad RNG and get nothing from a map.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Oct 2, 2015, 1:24:25 PM
There is a difference between having bad rng and simply having 0 drops nothing absolutely nothing dropped.
And getting nothing from 1 map is one thing mapping all day and getting o maps is another.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Last edited by jackof8lades on Oct 2, 2015, 1:33:59 PM
approx. 20 chiseled maps tested - nothing changed, maps still don't drop.
same

my sample size is small but still. pre patch drops felt and were better.

btw that map tier concept is really a job half-way done and in a void (that is not making any map playable at any level) is just plain bs

seeing Hall of Grandmasters as a tier 2 is just.. just.. wrong on so many levels.. tiers
I have done around 25 maps today ranging from tier 3 upto tier 12. I don't see changes in the higher tiers. I see less maps in the lower tiers! Normally if I alched a lvl 70 map it would drop on average 3 maps. Now i'm happy with 2 maps at best. I have had several alched low level maps without any mapdrops and that was previously an extremely rare situation.

The tier 12 map did not drop anything, but I can not say a lot about 1 tier 12 map. Maps in the 8-10 range seems to behave aronud the same as before.

I hate the tier system so far. (Sorry GGG) I always use the tab key in the map itself to detect the level of the map. The tier value does not say a lot to me.
Last edited by Kaw on Oct 2, 2015, 3:41:42 PM
At first the only difference I saw was: Instead of maps trolling me by dropping a map with the number 68 on, they were dropping maps with the number 1 on.

The 'tier system' change is just horrible.

Now, as for drop buff.
I did 11 hours solo mapping today on a lvl 99. Streaming, I had several people ask if I noticed the buff, at first, and for a few hours, I said no.

But after a while, yes. Caveat being that I've seen better runs of drops pre buff, among the bad runs. So only time will tell whether what I'm seeing is a good run, a bad run, or average.

But with the relatively small sample run of 11 hours, right now, there is a noticeable buff.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Oct 2, 2015, 4:31:41 PM
What did you expect? That they actually noticeably buffed map drops?

The system needs rework or a significant boost, not minor number tweaking. It sucked since 2.0, and the best map drops I got in 2.0 are still in the very beginning, before the first buff. RNG rules everything, and the variance is way too high for a casual player.

The system itself sucks, and it will continue to do so. I have lost all hope.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Makes you appreciate how blizzard gives you actual drop rates on end game items.

Blizz: "organs have 10% chance on Torment X, 50% on Torment Y"

GGG: "we're afraid to tell you how shitty the rates are because then you'd know"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info