A Thank You Letter to GGG! (also, talk about your favorite League and why)

I just wanted to thank everyone at GGG for producing such an amazing game that has given even a casual player like myself so many endless hours of fun and entertainment. I've been playing off and on since the 1.0 release, but it wasn't until the 2.0 release that I finally had the means to become a supporter! (http://imgur.com/l7a5dIC)

You guys have put so much hard work into making this game as fun and amazing as possible, and to provide this content for free to the masses. I'm just happy that I was finally able to purchase a supporter pack to show some of my gratitude! We as a community do a lot of whining and crying about things here and there, but you always do your best to improve the game without bending completely to the will of the masses. So thank you, everyone at GGG: from the QA Teams to the Artwork Teams; the Tech Support to the Customer Support; the Community Reps to the Balance Teams; the Designers and everyone else who works at this amazing company!

I glad to be a part of this community. I look forward to participating in the 1-Month Flashback league starting later today, and to many more years of Path of Exile!

And now for a discussion topic! (a common one, I'm sure, but oh well) What was your favorite Challenge League and why?

For me it was Nemesis. This was basically not only my introduction to Path of Exile as a whole, but to playing in a Hardcore setting where when a character dies, they're essentially gone (I know in PoE they go to standard, but when you wanna keep playing in the same league, you treat them as dead). It was a fantastically designed and challenging league, and I feel that I learned much and grew as a gamer because of my experiences with that League.
Last edited by Aeroshe on Oct 2, 2015, 11:17:08 AM
The top three for me are Ambush, Invasion and Tempest, in no particular order.

Ambush just never gets old, it was significant because it introduced customizing both the risk and the reward, (potential) wealth to the cautious and death to the greedy. Lag on opening is still annoying but we're used to it by now and take it into account, besides, they would still be deadly even with no lag.

Invasion had great bosses once they were properly tuned, a shame shotgunning was still around back then so some bosses were much more gamebreaking than they would be otherwise. The other novelty was increased monster variety which was a quite welcome addition.

Tempest was great because it was a gamechanger in every sense, it introduced area-wide bonuses and penalties, but as something you can usually avoid if you're careful, another good thing was community cooperation on sniffing them out. The bad thing about it was interesting tempests being reserved for endgame so it had little impact during levelling unless you get a nasty one on a nasty boss.

The worst one was Onslaught, nothing special about it whatsoever.

And the title of most annoying one goes to Bloodlines, just for the Phylacteral Link and Necrovigil, otherwise not a bad league.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Raising my hand as the only player to enjoy Rampage. Instead of throwing really hard stuff at us they made as really strong, a nice change of pace. Also better Maligaro's for 1c. Brought and end to path of life nodes, to a certain extent.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
Last edited by PrinceOfPuddles on Oct 2, 2015, 1:35:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info