What will you be playing for 1 month league & why?

Personally torn between Incinerate / Flame Totem to farm up currency or Southpaw Ranger just to have my end game build asap.

[Hardcore League]
I'm going to try out Niffler's Perma-stun groundslam build. Mostly because it doesn't require any uniques or overly specific items. With a relatively short league like this, I want something that will be effective but very cheap and simple to gear. Nearly all of the gems will be quest rewards or at least able to be bought from vendors and won't require hard to roll combinations of off-color sockets.

Also, with all the crazy combinations of mods, having a build with a high life pool and armor and able to stunlock most mobs seems like a good idea.
Wont be. Cleaning the stash has put me off leagues for a while. Also, it's the wrong time of year for me for a one-month. December. June, or July. But no way do I have time in October.
Life based self cast crit arctic breath/cold snap scion.
Thinking maybe shield and iron will for insane tankiness with staff in second weapon set for more DPS.

Here's my notes too: ;)

Cold snap-Curse on hit-Assassin's mark- Temp chains (4L)
CwDT-Phase run-Immortal call-tempest shield (4L)
HoI-HoT-Hypothermia-life leech/Item rarity (4L)
Arctic breath-Slower proj-hypothermia-spell echo-Iron will-empower (6L)

Other:
Chaos/ice golem-minion dmg-culling strike
smoke mine
flame dash/leap slam
AA?
Clarity?
Enduring cry

Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
Last edited by Nutius on Oct 2, 2015, 11:07:17 AM
going go try a scion ice spear build getting as much crit and life as i can.

i do not want to use mana so ill grab the bm keystone and see if i can get enough regen on the tree.

to be honest ..i dont know if scion would be the best start...hm...

what do you think guys ?

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABBLMFQgthDF8N0Q48DkgRlhQgFHEYVho-HKcgbiW8KS4qCy0fLag8LUGHQZZGcUyzUDBQR1OlVw1d8l8_Y0NknWhlaHRo8m-ecFJw1XKpdqx3B3y4f8aCB4MJg8yHE4nTj_qTJ5SglSCcpKEvogCio66zr2yxkLQMtz631r6AvorAZsHFwfPE9sauytPPftAf0PXYTdi92XzaYttP21nfv-DD6hjr9ewY7w7v6_Af8azyHfOb893z6vcy-Ov56P4K
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
Last edited by azamantes on Oct 2, 2015, 10:47:41 AM
"
Hodari wrote:
I'm going to try out Niffler's Perma-stun groundslam build. Mostly because it doesn't require any uniques or overly specific items. With a relatively short league like this, I want something that will be effective but very cheap and simple to gear. Nearly all of the gems will be quest rewards or at least able to be bought from vendors and won't require hard to roll combinations of off-color sockets.

Also, with all the crazy combinations of mods, having a build with a high life pool and armor and able to stunlock most mobs seems like a good idea.

That's an awesome build. I ran it during the last 1 month it did very well.

For me, I've never done a Reave build and similarly to the Perma Stun build, you don't need any uniques for it to work. It helps but not a necessity. Plus, I have an awesome Reave Play on Words Character name I want to use (No, not Christopher_Reaves)
Part of me wants to go back to my Arc build that I ran in Warbands, it's easy, cheap, and relatively safe/quick. But, the other part of me is bored with it. :) I don't know yet.
"
azamantes wrote:
going go try a scion ice spear build getting as much crit and life as i can.

i do not want to use mana so ill grab the bm keystone and see if i can get enough regen on the tree.

to be honest ..i dont know if scion would be the best start...hm...

what do you think guys ?

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABBLMFQgthDF8N0Q48DkgRlhQgFHEYVho-HKcgbiW8KS4qCy0fLag8LUGHQZZGcUyzUDBQR1OlVw1d8l8_Y0NknWhlaHRo8m-ecFJw1XKpdqx3B3y4f8aCB4MJg8yHE4nTj_qTJ5SglSCcpKEvogCio66zr2yxkLQMtz631r6AvorAZsHFwfPE9sauytPPftAf0PXYTdi92XzaYttP21nfv-DD6hjr9ewY7w7v6_Af8azyHfOb893z6vcy-Ov56P4K

Fuck I've been thinking of making an RF Marauder for a while but now you reminded me of how fun ice spear is...
I don't know :(
"
azamantes wrote:

what do you think guys ?

Not too different from what I am trying to do -crit cold projectile here too.

I messed around with your tree and settled on this, which is completely different from my tree and yours for that matter lol:

There are a million ways to put together the passive tree now, even more difficult with jewles :)
Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
Last edited by Nutius on Oct 2, 2015, 11:06:37 AM
i will play a build that uses a skill i haven't used before. still many options for that.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Wont be. Cleaning the stash has put me off leagues for a while. Also, it's the wrong time of year for me for a one-month. December. June, or July. But no way do I have time in October.

what is so special about october? you seem to have a lot of time to come on forums to post :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info