Skill tree reset

Will we get the skill tree reset after the league ends?
No, it will be when new set of 3-month leagues start.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
No, it will be when new set of 3-month leagues start.

I doubt this is true unless that happens to coincide with s major update where the passive tree has changed. What makes you think this is so?
From past experience with patches, the skill tree is only reset if the changes they make means they can't port existing skill trees. There even was a patch about 1-2 years ago where the reset was partial, i.e. since they only changed part of the tree, only those players using those part got a reset.

The policy seems to be that a reset will be for practical reasons, not because they want to.

So, if there are no significant skill tree changes in a patch, don't expect a reset unless they change their minds on that policy.
"
urgatorbait wrote:
I doubt this is true unless that happens to coincide with s major update where the passive tree has changed. What makes you think this is so?

- Major patches contain significant balancing changes which can't really be introduced mid-league, supposedly the easiest course is to release it alongside new leagues.
- Significant balancing changes mean tree reset.
- It has been that way so far and we got no basis to think otherwise, at this point we can probably even call it a tradition and assume it will happen even if balancing changes aren't significant.

To expand a bit on it, yes, there were suggestions (frequently in fact) to release the patch a few days before league start to check out new tree and skills but it never happened. I suppose they want everybody to start with a clean slate, and there's probably one more thing - when you release a bunch of content at once you can sneak in changes which often feel unsavory to us. We play instead of lurking on the forum and reddit and get too dazzled with shiny new stuff so we pay somewhat less attention to fine print. It's pretty much Merry Poppins, a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, public relations 101.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Historically, they have always had tree changes when starting new leagues, so they have always given resets. Will they keep making tree changes for every league? It's a gamble but I'd say yes since that's part of how they change the meta and keep the game fresh.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info