Do you believe ?

lol I remember now. Well at least you stuck around, kudos
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"

It has to be pretty hard to feel like you're doing a solid job when you've got a howling mass of wanker-monkeys throwing their fecal matter into your forums every day.

Yeah, that must be hard...until GGG stops to realize that even THOSE people are still here. If the game was really as bad as those people make it sound, they'd have left long ago to play something else. Unless of course, they're just the sort of people who enjoy complaining about ANYTHING they can just for the sake of complaining, in which case GGG can safely ignore them anyway.
Play of words does not = lying
"
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

We'll see if path becomes a timeless classic or just another good game.

Does it have to be a timeless classic? Are we just expecting too much from a tiny Indie Developer in New Zealand?

Are we holding the bar too high for a game that wears its influences and developer motivations on its sleeve?

Are we being realistic about a game that maintains funding through ethical MTX, and so will never have a mammoth budget?

I'm not particularly expecting anything from this game, threw it some money for an number of stash tab bundles because I enjoyed the game.

GGG has the potential to become more then an indie developer, that excuse is long dried up after running a game for a couple of years. They can easily partner up with a large company or push the game further by moving offices or other stuff. I believe people donate large amounts of the game to make the dream real, if GGG wishes or unable to go all of the way then It's not my place to say if other people could be upset or not.

Hell they can open up a kickstarter (large number of really good games funded from this) and have people throw money at them at masses, I believe PoE still hold large power and faith in making an amazing product.

But the crutch of "it's just a indie developer" needs to eventually go, otherwise it'll just be like I said an easy crutch/excuse to say. If then why even bother continue developing PoE? Go make PoE 2 with a much larger budget and go into the big leagues with all of the new-found experience you earned.

Which I go back to my original fair point, they have an amazing product plagued by this "I'm a indie developer so all of the things that aren't up to par is k" issue. I personally don't expect miracles or them to pump out constant expansions and revisit entire pieces of content to rework them. But they could be more transparent in exactly what they are working on and actually attempt to show effort in what the community overall wants to improve in the game.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 5, 2015, 12:35:47 AM
I trust them to work hard, really hard.

I trust them to say the truth.

Yet, I don't think I trust that much the major vision they have for their game (right now). The balance is shaky and things like how to expand the game and how to not waste content should be thought really hard. They have been more reactive rather than innovative. They are living short term.

Still, I have hope in them.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

I'm not particularly expecting anything from this game, threw it some money for an number of stash tab bundles because I enjoyed the game.

GGG has the potential to become more then an indie developer, that excuse is long dried up after running a game for a couple of years. They can easily partner up with a large company or push the game further by moving offices or other stuff. I believe people donate large amounts of the game to make the dream real, if GGG wishes or unable to go all of the way then It's not my place to say if other people could be upset or not.

Hell they can open up a kickstarter (large number of really good games funded from this) and have people throw money at them at masses, I believe PoE still hold large power and faith in making an amazing product.

But the crutch of "it's just a indie developer" needs to eventually go, otherwise it'll just be like I said an easy crutch/excuse to say. If then why even bother continue developing PoE? Go make PoE 2 with a much larger budget and go into the big leagues with all of the new-found experience you earned.

Which I go back to my original fair point, they have an amazing product plagued by this "I'm a indie developer so all of the things that aren't up to par is k" issue. I personally don't expect miracles or them to pump out constant expansions and revisit entire pieces of content to rework them. But they could be more transparent in exactly what they are working on and actually attempt to show effort in what the community overall wants to improve in the game.

I appreciate the reply, but I find a lot of this to be very presumptuous - it also seems pretentious and patronising towards GGG as a developer, and a company.

It is probably just a difference in backgrounds and experience, but I suspect we have very different viewpoints.

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Oct 5, 2015, 1:29:58 AM
"

I appreciate the reply, but I find a lot of this to be very presumptuous - it also seems pretentious and patronising towards GGG as a developer, and a company.

It is probably just a difference in backgrounds and experience, but I suspect we have very different viewpoints.

Yeah, especially considering the complete shit that's churned out regularly by billion dollar game developers. The forum is often highly critical of GGG, myself included, but if we compare their manpower and resources to the quality of their product and then take, say, Blizzard-Activision or EA and any of their bland, uninspired, moneygrabbing and often outright terrible games...

We should be all teary-eyed and cheering instead of throwing shit at them :D

Hell, my buddy works as Quality Assurance in a mobile game developer and just their Bulgarian bug testing and quality assurance branch has more people than all of GGG combined. Just putting things into perspective here. We're talking about a producer of pay to win, B-grade mobile games here. PoE is 10 times more complex.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Oct 5, 2015, 2:01:31 AM
"
Bars wrote:
"

Yeah, especially considering the complete shit that's churned out regularly by billion dollar game developers. The forum is often highly critical of GGG, myself included, but if we compare their manpower and resources to the quality of their product and then take, say, Blizzard-Activision or EA and any of their bland, uninspired, moneygrabbing and often outright terrible games...

We should be all teary-eyed and cheering instead of throwing shit at them :D

Hell, my buddy works as Quality Assurance in a mobile game developer and just their Bulgarian bug testing and quality assurance branch has more people than all of GGG combined. Just putting things into perspective here. We're talking about a producer of pay to win, B-grade mobile games here. PoE is 10 times more complex.

Just being fair here just because we compare expensive shit to PoE doesn't mean PoE cannot be expensive and good.

I have faith GGG in becoming a large company with having all the money they need to make exactly they want, I find it more insulting that you guys all GGG is going to amount to is some small indie company in the middle of some country nobody knows about. It's not like they just released PoE and we don't already know GGG can become even more.

Main reason why people are so critical of PoE because they give off the vibe of being a professional blizzard level company while still using "indie resources." They mostly don't know better but why should GGG stay with the latter? If they can provide even better moving up then that's fine. But I would be highly disappointing in GGG like I said earlier if they just want to stay they are right now.

A perfect example would be league of legends, small indie game that ballooned up to be the most popular billion dollar game for the foreseeable future. Can GGG move their product to this god status? I believe they can, but something must be done about the attitude about how we want to progress this game.

Also people should complain about the game, that means they play it enough to actually provide feedback. I also don't get this mystical taboo that it's unfair to talk shit about an "indie company." League of legends gets pages and pages of shit posting on their forums but the game moves on.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 5, 2015, 2:31:09 AM
"
LazarusQ wrote:
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:

Do ninja nerfs and buffs, to only be flushed out by the community and then finally admitted to count?

Yeah, I guess they count. Do they happen often ? I had no idea about the Windripper one.

"
buhdunkadunk wrote:

Do you still trust and believe GGG ? After all I suppose ommissions aren't exactly lying but they aren't very forthcoming now days either are they? Do you believe them when they say XXX has been significantly reduced or YYY has been largely increased?

I still believe them. If they say they quadrupled the drop chance of uniques, I trust that the drop chance has been indeed multiplied by 4. If they say they increased something significantly, I have no idea what they mean and what is significant to them, but since the game is balanced around the whole community and not around myself, I will assume that it will not be unmistakably visible for my lonely self.

The bottom line is: I'm having an increasing amount of fun with the game, so I like GGG.

Here I must intervine. GGG is balancing the game around the median, not the average. A splendid example of this would be the doubling of the exp reqiired to get lv 100 from 99.

Edit: there are a handful of streamers 0-20 ppl that achieve exp too fast which makes the average bias towards the streamers, i.e., all other players gets screwed.
Last edited by Bjarmfark on Oct 5, 2015, 2:38:55 AM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

Just being fair here just because we compare expensive shit to PoE doesn't mean PoE cannot be expensive and good.

I have faith GGG in becoming a large company with having all the money they need to make exactly they want, I find it more insulting that you guys all GGG is going to amount to is some small indie company in the middle of some country nobody knows about. It's not like they just released PoE and we don't already know GGG can become even more.

Main reason why people are so critical of PoE because they give off the vibe of being a professional blizzard level company while still using "indie resources." They mostly don't know better but why should GGG stay with the latter? If they can provide even better moving up then that's fine. But I would be highly disappointing in GGG like I said earlier if they just want to stay they are right now.

A perfect example would be league of legends, small indie game that ballooned up to be the most popular billion dollar game for the foreseeable future. Can GGG move their product to this god status? I believe they can, but something must be done about the attitude about how we want to progress this game.

Also people should complain about the game, that means they play it enough to actually provide feedback. I also don't get this mystical taboo that it's unfair to talk shit about an "indie company." League of legends gets pages and pages of shit posting on their forums but the game moves on.

I'm not sure how to reply to this, so I'll leave it for a while and have a think about it.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Oct 5, 2015, 2:33:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info