Do you believe ?

It's not a matter of believing - it does feel like the map drop rates have increased significantly.
I made several threads and posts about bad map drops post 2.0.0 and 2.0.2. This time, however, the increase is very notable and I don't think it requires any more buffings. The map drop rate has increased greatly and it's where it's supposed to be, certainly not more than this.

But answer your thread's question - I believe it, and I know it's true. Thanks GGG.
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
Feel free to believe everything they say, that's up to you and there is nothing wrong with that. I don't believe them any more and there is nothing wrong with that either. I'm just 1 fish in a big pond that has lost faith and felt they should know why in case I am not alone.

Ok, I guess that's fair.

I'm not saying I like the nerf to map drops. I had a hard time getting good stuff and high maps before the Awakening, and it's worse now.
But saying you don't like how the game is balanced is one thing. Calling Chris a liar is quite another. That's not feedback, that's an accusation. It usually requires evidence beyond one streak of bad luck.

That being said, I'm just a guy on a forum pushing my opinion on whoever cares to read it, just like most people around here. None of this is very important anyway.
Save a Carrot, Eat a Rabbit!
I no longer believe. I love GGG but I don't see things changing much at this point. Been disappointed too many times now, enough.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I believe that GGG does what they think is best for the game and the over-all playerbase.
Just remember a large portion of players don't use the forum for actual banter, but for basic build discussion and assistance. And then another large portion don't use it at all. Whether or not it's the majority I can't say as I don't have the data. If I was to use my group of friends who play this game as a example group (which would not be very accurate since it's only 4 people) I'm the only one that uses the forums.

In regards to how I feel about the game. I find it fun, I love playing it SF because I love being forced to work with what I have. It's part of the fun for me. I can understand the trepidation though as they have not always been very forthcoming. I personally don't see a problem with that and I think the +3 trick was cool because it shows that there is inherent discovery in this game that many people haven't found out. It encourages for you to experiment and think out of the box.

Over-all I enjoy this game a lot and I've seen nothing so far that would indicate GGG would straight out lie.

TL:DR They do what they think is best. I don't think they outright lie. I still enjoy the game.

Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
Ya GGG lied to me when they said there would be a tea party at Highgate upon arrival.

I'm really upset about it.

I was on my Witch the first time, so pretty sure Vanja thought I was looking at Petarus the wrong way and gave me the stink eye, rip my life.

Oh wait, is that not what we're talking about? I mean, the only real thing that I wasn't happy about was the 4x drop buff, felt very Diablo 3 esque to me. But this game is incredibly complicated, and things take time. Still a believer until things tell me otherwise.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Oct 4, 2015, 9:11:43 PM
I believe that if GGG doesn't get their shit together they'll continue to have a great game plague by certain game design decisions and pacing of updates/content.

We'll see if path becomes a timeless classic or just another good game.

As of current path of exile is not a final fantasy 7, a golden eye, a chrono trigger ect. Nobody is going to boot up PoE if the next greatest arpg comes out 10 years from now, similar to something like call of duty 4. Doesn't matter it won game of the year and made billions of dollars. It doesn't have what it takes for me to want to play it past it's time.

It's a damn shame really.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 4, 2015, 10:11:53 PM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

We'll see if path becomes a timeless classic or just another good game.

Does it have to be a timeless classic? Are we just expecting too much from a tiny Indie Developer in New Zealand?

Are we holding the bar too high for a game that wears its influences and developer motivations on its sleeve?

Are we being realistic about a game that maintains funding through ethical MTX, and so will never have a mammoth budget?
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Oct 4, 2015, 10:33:00 PM
"
Nope, we're not.

But that's because GGG are, to tap an oldie but a goodie, pretty damn unreal.

Gotta be honest here, Charan. If I were them, I'd wish I were a little less Goddamn Fucking Awesome - maybe people would have lower expectations, and they'd switch off the spigot of complaints and whinging for a little while.

[Removed by Support]

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Last edited by Gary_GGG on Oct 5, 2015, 7:57:55 AM
"
"
Nope, we're not.

Gotta be honest here, Charan. If I were them, I'd wish I were a little less Goddamn Fucking Awesome - maybe people would have lower expectations, and they'd switch off the spigot of complaints and whinging for a little while.

[Removed by Support]

:D I remember about a year ago, you were all , this community and forum is great!!! I told you to wait a year and get back to me if you were still around.. that post.. full circle achieved!!
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by Gary_GGG on Oct 5, 2015, 8:00:51 AM
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
"
Nope, we're not.

[Removed by Support]

:D I remember about a year ago, you were all , this community and forum is great!!! I told you to wait a year and get back to me if you were still around.. that post.. full circle achieved!!

Check your old PMs dude, you and I actually had a bit of a dust up back then because I was having a crack at the community :)

Last edited by Gary_GGG on Oct 5, 2015, 8:01:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info