Do you believe ?

I always wonder, if one does not trust GGG then why is one playing their game?

Or a more logical approach, what does GGG have to gain by "purposefully" misleading their player-base.

So to answer your question, yes i believe, have hope and trust in GGG. If not i would have said good-bye and gone to a hobby or something that entertains me that is worthy of those factors.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Gluttony93 wrote:
lost my faith a bit when they released the awakening supporter pack and there was a glitch with one of the amulet skins that caused item values to be set to 0. Result was that some guy SPEND MONEY TO SUPPORT THE GAME AND AS A REWARD THEY RUINED HIS LEGACY SHAVS. Wouldnt have been a problem, except they refused to fix it. So that guy basically lost hours of game play value by supporting the game.
Nice.
Was about to buy a supporter pack for the awakening but after that i decided I'd rather not.

That's cool I bet his Shavs is worth even more, as a collector's item

I wish GGG would fuck my legacy Mjolner up
Last edited by Jaille on Oct 2, 2015, 8:55:41 AM
I might be a bit of a fanboy, but I have a huge amount of respect for GGG. I know the game can get you down at times, but from what I have experienced over the last (almost) three years, the game keeps improving. I haven't got a character into the 90s yet, so maybe there is a huge amount of frustration being experienced that I'm not aware of :<
I trust that they are doing what they believe will improve the game overall. It may not always be what everyone else thinks is best, but it is at least what THEY think is best for the game. And they generally have FAR more data to back that up than we do. They're obviously not right ALL the time, but the game has certainly been successful enough and I'm definitely still enjoying it even after thousands of hours playing, so they can't be doing THAT badly.

"
Gluttony93 wrote:
lost my faith a bit when they released the awakening supporter pack and there was a glitch with one of the amulet skins that caused item values to be set to 0. Result was that some guy SPEND MONEY TO SUPPORT THE GAME AND AS A REWARD THEY RUINED HIS LEGACY SHAVS. Wouldnt have been a problem, except they refused to fix it.

And I also believe that it is exremely intellectually dishonest of you to make it sound like they INTENTIONALLY ruined his item or to say that they "refused" to fix it when the odds are far more likely that, as they claimed, they were UNABLE to do so for technical reasons.
I trust them 90%. Sadly they will not always follow their vision of the game and rather sell said vision for more money but that's understandable (biggest example: item allocation changes).
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
I trust them 90%. Sadly they will not always follow their vision of the game and rather sell said vision for more money but that's understandable (biggest example: item allocation changes).

There's a fine line sometimes between "selling out" and "listening to feedback". I think in the case of item allocation, it was a good choice.
I used to have huge hopes about this game but then it occurred to me those high hopes just created unrealistic expectations that I would get upset over when they weren't met. This is a small team of inexperienced people making their first game, I've come to realize it's completely unfair of me to expect blizzard/AAA levels of quality.

Once I accepted that I've had nothing but good experiences with the game. Really it's a miracle they haven't crashed and burned or flamed out yet like so many other indie games/studios.

So now the question of trust and hope for me doesn't boil down to me wanting them to make the game how I want it but rather them honestly doing their best to strive to make the game to the best of their ability and in that I do trust them.
"
Do you believe GGG any more or have they lost your trust ?

Heck yeah I believe them and believe in their ability. Not only have they made the game that is my favorite right now but is definitely in my top 10 all time. Ohh and it's free. I certainly couldn't ask any more from them.

As far as transparency? You have to be off your rocker not to trust them not only are they constantly posting information about the direction and future of the game but they often post the patch notes, or a rough draft, days before the patch so people can prepare.

Do they make mistakes, well of coarse they are a fairly new gaming company they are going to make mistakes, but In my opinion they do what they can to fix them.

Now do you want to know who I don't trust, not even a little bit? This community and the people that post feedback or anything else on this forum. It has become a cesspool of bad jokes, terrible troll attempts, and out and out complainers that will never be satisfied. (no op I'm not suggesting that you fall in any of these categories this seems to be a legit post.) If the community as a whole doesn't straighten up and start putting more trust into GGG they are going to ruin one of the greatest games out there.
I mayby shouldn't say that, but whatever...

I dwell this forum for quite some time, even if I didnt' writte at all usualy. Almost always, at the very end appeares that these proudly called issues are "player little cozy buisness which don't work so good anymre" Because patch actually fixed actually pretty broken mechanism. So I think these "belives" and "trusts" "hopes" should get common title: "Will ggg fuck my stuff up this time and how badly?"- it's simplier to spell for non nativie speaker as myself u see :).
Less exp/h, or exs out uniqe trading, or maps drop not so often, or mobs hits like trucks now - innocent trust betrayed by ggg indeed...
Burn all the orbs!

I Trust that by the time I get really awesome jewels just how I want that they will just change the tree so I won't be able to use them all lol.

I Trust that we will never have a worthwhile way to trade. Just about every game has an auction hall you can list with auction or buy out.

I Imagine that some of those exalts I see for real dollars on those other sites probably came from a ggg employee after an extra paycheck.

I Trust that GGG will continue to change their game to suit a select group that they seem to protect.
Last edited by loratab on Oct 2, 2015, 10:48:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info