Do you believe ?

Do you believe GGG any more or have they lost your trust ?

I'm on the fence on this one, I want to believe their patch notes, I want to believe that they are listening to feedback, suggestions, reading all posts. I'm not sure if I do or don't believe them anymore.

When it comes to the map drops being increased, not once, but twice now ...I am on the side of, I don't believe GGG and I don't trust anything they say on maps anymore. Proof is in the pudding as they say.

Anyway I'm going to run some maps this weekened and see what I see, but I wanted to hear other folks thoughts on whether they trust GGG anymore. Please refrain from turning this into a map drop discussion even though I used that as my example.

Discuss.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
I'm not sure I understand what you are talking about exactly.
Are you suggesting that they might put false information in patch notes or manifestos ?
Granted, they've been a bit vague at times, but outright lying ? What would make you think that ? Could you give me a single fact that contradicts anything they have posted ?
And please remember that one single experience is never a statistically significant sample.
Save a Carrot, Eat a Rabbit!
I'm trusting that they'll use the money I've paid to continue developing and maintaining the game, and I'll hope that I get an enjoyable experience out of it.

GGG can trust that if I find out that they've been spending said money on hookers and cocaine, then I will be expecting an invitation to the next staff function.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Oct 2, 2015, 7:54:13 AM
I think by "trust" he really means something else. More like "hope". He hopes that GGG will change their game to suit him. Trust is really the wrong word here.

prologue_tl;dr

I'm running the same map pool since beggining of 2.0. It started with 20x 75lvl and 5x 76. Since then my pool shrinks or grows, happen to contains higher lvl maps or lower in average(75-80), I quite often vendor some 75 or 76 if i dont like them, too. I didn't need to buy a single map yet. And I run solo, no mf on gear besides 21 iir. Also 74 and less are always vendored for +1map, despite rarity, quality, whatever.

I trust that if you rum, live and know game and genre, you won't break things beyond repair at worst. That's enough of trust i need here.

Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Oct 2, 2015, 8:03:26 AM
"
LazarusQ wrote:
I'm not sure I understand what you are talking about exactly.
Are you suggesting that they might put false information in patch notes or manifestos ?
Granted, they've been a bit vague at times, but outright lying ? What would make you think that ? Could you give me a single fact that contradicts anything they have posted ?
And please remember that one single experience is never a statistically significant sample.

Do ninja nerfs and buffs, to only be flushed out by the community and then finally admitted to count?

You want only one single fact when we could turn this into a lenghty list? How about the perfect example a while back in the history books now but it's one of the best examples there is to this day. The ninja nerf to windripper and the guy that spent around a dozen divines wondering why his luck was so shitty to only find out the whole item was reworked and never mentioned anywhere? I don't want this thread to now get derailed into a list of false information, or omissions either.

I just want to hear peoples feelings and level of trust because I'm wondering if I'm an outlier in that I'm losing my faith.

Anyway there's your example, how about letting me know your feelings now? Do you still trust and believe GGG ? After all I suppose ommissions aren't exactly lying but they aren't very forthcoming now days either are they? Do you believe them when they say XXX has been significantly reduced or YYY has been largely increased?
lost my faith a bit when they released the awakening supporter pack and there was a glitch with one of the amulet skins that caused item values to be set to 0. Result was that some guy SPEND MONEY TO SUPPORT THE GAME AND AS A REWARD THEY RUINED HIS LEGACY SHAVS. Wouldnt have been a problem, except they refused to fix it. So that guy basically lost hours of game play value by supporting the game.
Nice.
Was about to buy a supporter pack for the awakening but after that i decided I'd rather not.
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:

Do ninja nerfs and buffs, to only be flushed out by the community and then finally admitted to count?

Yeah, I guess they count. Do they happen often ? I had no idea about the Windripper one.

"
buhdunkadunk wrote:

Do you still trust and believe GGG ? After all I suppose ommissions aren't exactly lying but they aren't very forthcoming now days either are they? Do you believe them when they say XXX has been significantly reduced or YYY has been largely increased?

I still believe them. If they say they quadrupled the drop chance of uniques, I trust that the drop chance has been indeed multiplied by 4. If they say they increased something significantly, I have no idea what they mean and what is significant to them, but since the game is balanced around the whole community and not around myself, I will assume that it will not be unmistakably visible for my lonely self.

The bottom line is: I'm having an increasing amount of fun with the game, so I like GGG.
Save a Carrot, Eat a Rabbit!
"
Gluttony93 wrote:
lost my faith a bit when they released the awakening supporter pack and there was a glitch with one of the amulet skins that caused item values to be set to 0. Result was that some guy SPEND MONEY TO SUPPORT THE GAME AND AS A REWARD THEY RUINED HIS LEGACY SHAVS. Wouldnt have been a problem, except they refused to fix it. So that guy basically lost hours of game play value by supporting the game.
Nice.
Was about to buy a supporter pack for the awakening but after that i decided I'd rather not.

Good example. Maybe someone can post an uplifting support story or something to help restore our faith a little. The no rollback, no fix, no matter what, never ever ever, policy probably means there are no uplifting support stories though.

That dude with the 100% movement speed Kaltenhalt must be flying around facebreaking cyclone at this point. hahahaha that's always a smile inducing thought.
Dude... support here is top shelf. Just because you're feeling down about the game is no reason to try to start putting down support. There are some things they can't fix. That's not on them. The game wasn't designed in a manner that would allow for it.

You're way off base claiming that support is a problem here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info