Do you feel overpowered?

This is the first time in two years that I really feel OP... A couple of days ago in a daily Zana I got a "Oro's Sacrifice"...
I was playing with a marauder, EA build, and I felt extremely well in maps until level 78... But this drop made me think and I decided to make some small modifications to the Marauder (nothing drastic, still in testing) and use the Oro's. At the same time I killed the first pack of mobs in Docks I knew I was facing something too good to let him pass. I decided to see videos on Youtube to check if there is something similar to what I'm doing, and I found nothing...

The point is that if I combine the Oro's sword with Daresso's Defiance (chest armor) and I add Cyclone + Cast on Melee Kill + Discharge... Cast on Critical my ass!!!
Cast on Critical is too expensive in terms of passives to achieve a decent amount of critical. I do not have a video but this is similar to what is achieved with a Mjolner, but without the critical.

Have you ever had that same feeling of power without limits, and abruptly ends when you die by overconfidence?

XD
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
I feel mapdrops are underpowered, which is why I feel overpowered in boring lvl 75 maps (also OP for level 76 and 77 maps and normal Atziri).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
you need romira's banquet with rt ;) Also, cast on melee kill is really slow.
Terminus est coc is certainly better for a such build.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Oct 2, 2015, 12:09:52 AM
This actually sounds pretty cool but I doubt it clears very well in mid to high maps. Oro's sacrifice can make builds that feel super OP in docks/low maps but ultimately it ends up being hard to scale its damage up enough to handle the end game efficiently.
Sometimes, applying +79 maps with +80 iiq helps. (I dragged A. Guardian far away from it's magic pack at rare 109 village, fuk me if i know why. Thus I spent 5 minutes running circles around one of these ruined houses, kiting 2h ST axe-shots and doing all to reload my surgeon hp flasks on with mobs I mead meanwhwile. Hard to feel OP with that.

OTT:either this forum is slow or I'm spammer, hue. Were teh ppl at?
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Oct 2, 2015, 2:17:23 AM
Increasingly less I understand the mentality of the moderators. Move it to the forum where assistance is requested and I have never asked for help of any kind on this topic. I just proposed to initiate an ordinary conversation...
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
Actkqk wrote:
Increasingly less I understand the mentality of the moderators. Move it to the forum where assistance is requested and I have never asked for help of any kind on this topic. I just proposed to initiate an ordinary conversation...

Hello again :)

As I mentioned to you via PM, the Gameplay Help and Discussion subforum is for any discussion of gameplay, not just threads asking for gameplay help.

I hope this clears up any confusion; if not please let me know!
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
Nerf rachel, to OP.

=D

She's right though, gameplay help and discussion <-

Hmm do i feel OP, on some builds sure, but i am to much of an altholic creating to many quirky builds to experience it a lot :D.

The thing that stands out though, is that transition phase in a build. That point where you go in a dunes and you simply can't handle the boss for example. Then you shift some stuff or get some new gear upgrades and you are triumphant.

That feeling is the best and most rewarding and being overpowered of the bat would feel like such a waste and hollow experience to me :).

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
My Mjolner build feels OP. That said, I've invested a lot and the build is indeed powerful.

Everything else feels weaker and more normal by comparison.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
Boem wrote:

The thing that stands out though, is that transition phase in a build. That point where you go in a dunes and you simply can't handle the boss for example. Then you shift some stuff or get some new gear upgrades and you are triumphant.

That feeling is the best and most rewarding and being overpowered of the bat would feel like such a waste and hollow experience to me :).

Peace,

-Boem-

Good point. I am not of the idea of starting always from scratch. I have some characters close to level 90. Suddenly I have luck and I drop some decent item and it gives me ideas about things I have not tried. I think about which one of my characters can best accommodate to the use of that item and I start the process of collecting Regrets and then plan the build and test. This process for me is the best part of PoE. Sometimes it works wonders and sometimes is a failure. But regardless of the outcome that's what keeps me playing.

Anyway this build has quite surprised me. I still have to improve quite a few gems for more effectiveness but I can do without problems maps until level 75. I try to make a short video so you can see what I mean.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info