Im New!

Lol, I've been looking for a decent game to play and POE looks just about right is it still fun for new players and a good game to get into?
It is , the best part , it's free , so do yourself a favor and press that download button , seriously , no regrets there man , it's depth is extreme , it's rewards are even more so satisfying , wellcome o/
Cool man, I'm at about 80% downloaded you'll be seeing more of me ha. Thanks!
Last edited by gaundi on Oct 1, 2015, 12:15:06 AM
Np , have lots and lots of fun :D
The game requires some dedication to extract every drop of fun of it, I'd read about it in the wiki, at least the basics. That being said, the game is fairly fun in the first walkthrough if you are used to dodging stuff.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
New 1M league starting in a day or so, bringing increased map drops, unique item drops, and a roving Warbands spawns.

What a time to be alive.

As a new player, you might be better off going for SC (Softcore, XP loss only on death for the second and third difficulty progressions) for the 1 Month race, I get the impression this one is going to kill a lot of people very very quickly.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Oct 1, 2015, 12:24:54 AM
Thanks for the advice. I've been watching walkthroughs and reading a lot about this game, I cant wait me and my little brother starting characters tonight. I was also a early diablo, starcraft player.
Last edited by gaundi on Oct 1, 2015, 12:30:40 AM
I've been playing since CB PoE (November of 2012) and this arpg is the proverbial "it was the best of times, it was the worst of times" game. PoE is the best arpg for build diversity and skills of any arpg, nothing else comes close. PoE is the absolute worst arpg for rewards for time played. The magnitude of RNG in PoE is so high that it leads to killing a tough boss and getting crap drops (trash) but then open a random chest and getting a fusing or exalt drop. You can also play for 1000, 2000, or more hours and get no 6L drops or any T1 gear. GGG has made the best Jekyll and Hyde arpg of all time.

So welcome to PoE if you enjoy playing a starvation arpg but with fantastic build and skill combinations to keep you engineering and tweaking your build forever. But understand that PoE is not for the infrequent player. GGG has made this arpg for the arpg fanatics that play PoE while they eat, drink, and sleep deprive away their lives. Sorry but the grind is everything to GGG and you should know that up front.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Nice to know, I think am ready for this new life ! Lol.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
I've been playing since CB PoE (November of 2012) and this arpg is the proverbial "it was the best of times, it was the worst of times" game. PoE is the best arpg for build diversity and skills of any arpg, nothing else comes close. PoE is the absolute worst arpg for rewards for time played. The magnitude of RNG in PoE is so high that it leads to killing a tough boss and getting crap drops (trash) but then open a random chest and getting a fusing or exalt drop. You can also play for 1000, 2000, or more hours and get no 6L drops or any T1 gear. GGG has made the best Jekyll and Hyde arpg of all time.

So welcome to PoE if you enjoy playing a starvation arpg but with fantastic build and skill combinations to keep you engineering and tweaking your build forever. But understand that PoE is not for the infrequent player. GGG has made this arpg for the arpg fanatics that play PoE while they eat, drink, and sleep deprive away their lives. Sorry but the grind is everything to GGG and you should know that up front.

Things have gone arguably better these past few month with the increase of drops, even I own a Shav now :)

Thus said, this is true, this game will test your patience at every turn, some days you might find yourself incredibly lucky because you dropped one or even two great items while other days you will find yourself want to ragequit because you could not 6L your great item with thousand of orbs you grinded.

Advice for starters : dont take a build that needs specific items if you dont already own them, keep it simple at first and try it out, time spent leveling is never lost as in the process you are learning the game and dropping stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info