Kinetic Blast - Physical, Elemental, or Hybrid?

New to the skill, and loving it quite a bit. Crafted a 252 dps wand (180 ele) but aim to take it to the next level. Wondering what are the benefits of each damage type overall.

Edit - If I went hybrid, would it be a problem running auras to support both damage types?
Last edited by sneakyJ on Sep 29, 2015, 10:08:42 PM
bump
If you look at the passive skill tree there are some passives giving you a percentage of your physical damage as free additional elemental damage. Above that the Hatred aura and the additional fire damage support gem boost your physical damage with free elemental damage. That's why the physical damage wands are higher in price. It's better to start with physical damage. The elemental damage will come from other sources.
I own a glove, rings and an amulet that add a total of another 230 elemental damage to your attack.

Therefor I believe you should get a wand with as much as physical damage as you can find. Boost it with passives, aura's and gear to get the elemental damage. For my wand build I invested in crit. chance and some elemental damage nodes in the passive skill tree as well.

That should work!
Elemental until you get a sick (read: SICK) physwand. That said, the builds are similar enough that you can transition without problems (usually).
always look to do elemental damage even if you scale it through physical dmg(hatred, herald of ash added fire, phys to lightning etc) 'cause phys damage is dead.
"
Lunarpac wrote:
Elemental until you get a sick (read: SICK) physwand. That said, the builds are similar enough that you can transition without problems (usually).

Don't really need anything sick even, any imbued around 220Pdps is sufficient to play almost all endgame content.
Prophecy @ WizKid - 94 BV Pathfinder
Prophecy @ SmackDown - 93 TS Assassin
Essence @ Wallbang - 93 Crit Lacerate Elementalist
Breach @ GodoftheBreach - 94 BF Inquisitor
Legacy @ BradPitt - 92 LL Ele Wander Inquisitor
I just got a 273 PDPS / 62 EDPS wand but my damage is actually lower than my previous wand.

Plan to go low life but it may be awhile since I traded my disfavour for this wand, I don't want to gimp another character. What auras should I run for now and what gem links for a mostly phys wand?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info