New build advice

I am starting a new character, and thinking of going Dual Totem-Spark Templar.

Current have a level 63 Marauder, but i find them to not be as end game viable, as they are much harder to play as a melee class.

I want something I can sit back a bit more with, rather than worrying about constantly splitting mobs into manageable packs and popping nonstop flasks.

TL;DR

Want to start new character, Templar. What are the best builds (most DPS vs survivability) for Templar?

Would Templar or Witch do best at Totem-Spark combo?

Thanks for your help guys!
If you are going to do a Totem Build templar is definitely the class you want to pick it's overall just better suited for what you want to achieve.

With a Double Spark/Spork Totem build you can't really do anything wrong, pick up a solid amount of survivability and then... do whatever fits your personal preferences most.
Some people like to go for Crit nodes, some completely ignore Crit and just head for the Static Blows Shock effect, some pick up the lightning damage nodes within reach some simply pick up some minion nodes to support their totems with some meatwalls, some like to have double curses some just want pure DPS.

There isn't a "best" totem build, as long as you are sticking to the rough lines of what nodes are decent for such a build it will work out in the end you might up having more or less DPS than a comparable build and you might end up having more or less utility than a comparable build but it'll work out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info