State of the game?

Dear all!

I am a fairly new player, learning my way around the game and enjoying myself, albeit my progress is slow...

After completing normal mode, I am starting to have these questions in my mind. Not sure if any of the questions are answered before, but I was not able to find anything similar.

- Act 4 is great and concludes the story nicely, which is worrying. Will we see an Act 5 at all? How long does it take normally for an Act to be released? I like going through story modes in most game, so certainly looking forward to more story content.

- Awakening leagues are coming to an end. A new 1 month league is coming up. What normally happens after that? It feels like playerbase drops near the end of these big leagues and it is depressing to play with none of my friends around...

- Do we have any guess how many more years the game will last? I would love to invest more money in the game, buy new packs but above 2 points are my worries. Coming from a new player, the lull periods in the game feel empty. If there is any form of assurance that the game will be around for a long time, you will see me upgrading to a Highgate pack right away!

- When will new supporter packs be released? Kekekeke.

Well, just thoughts I had to get out of my mind. No offense to anyone :P

Thanks much.
We will most certainly see a fifth act, the game isn't going anywhere.

Playerbase fluctuates a lot, at the beginning of a league there are tons of players and then after a couple of weeks the game is ded. PoE is a cyclical game, it has been like this for almost 3 years now.

My guess is that the game will be around at least another 3 years, if not longer. Despite the above mentioned player fluctuations, GGG has grown steadily since the release of the game which obviously means they're doing fine financially.

Oh and after the one month league there will be a new pair of 3 month leagues.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Sep 29, 2015, 9:49:52 AM
"
Dear all!

I am a fairly new player, learning my way around the game and enjoying myself, albeit my progress is slow...

After completing normal mode, I am starting to have these questions in my mind. Not sure if any of the questions are answered before, but I was not able to find anything similar.

- Act 4 is great and concludes the story nicely, which is worrying. Will we see an Act 5 at all? How long does it take normally for an Act to be released? I like going through story modes in most game, so certainly looking forward to more story content.

- Awakening leagues are coming to an end. A new 1 month league is coming up. What normally happens after that? It feels like playerbase drops near the end of these big leagues and it is depressing to play with none of my friends around...

- Do we have any guess how many more years the game will last? I would love to invest more money in the game, buy new packs but above 2 points are my worries. Coming from a new player, the lull periods in the game feel empty. If there is any form of assurance that the game will be around for a long time, you will see me upgrading to a Highgate pack right away!

- When will new supporter packs be released? Kekekeke.

Well, just thoughts I had to get out of my mind. No offense to anyone :P

Thanks much.

There is still more to explore in Path of Exile... The developers have many ideas on where the game could go.

With regards to new supporter packs, this hasn't been announced yet, we usually give a couple of weeks notice before ending supporter packs however.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
- GGG was planning to make 10 acts. I don't know if they will reach that number but i'm pretty sure there will be more acts.

- This was a short league. In my own guild people are sour about this. Some people will play the one month league. Others will play around at standard or play other games. The player base will drop but it will rise again when the new 3 month leagues start.

- Hard to say but afaik GGG is doing pretty well financially. I guess the game will be around for some years to come :)
Last edited by ThorWulf on Sep 29, 2015, 10:02:15 AM
"
The story of Malachai and Dialla is done, and done well.

Have you seen a map of Wraeclast? We haven't seen even a tenth of the continent yet, nor scratched much of the established lore outside of the fall of the Eternal Empire, which was a relatively brief period in a much larger history.

Daaaaaamn you got me curious, came up with this:

Spoiler

Second-class poe gamer
It's such a well done map, even better looking on my wall with silver GGG signatures all over it. :)

I'd say the game will be around as long as people are still playing. GGG has set the precedent on a Free to Play game that doesn't need pay to win mechanics to survive - as far as I know they are the Only game developer brave enough to try it and crazy enough to succeed. Someone was watching over GGG because they bounced off the failure of D3 and rose right up to an extremely profitable and well thought out company.

No telling how big and successful they could be if they got the fuck out of NZ and had the workforce choices other companies take for granted. They have done so well with a small team and limited options for recruitment of talent due to location.

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

While waiting, you can go to maps (many levels higher). A new act will surely take a lot of time. This game is all about rerolling and seeing the new leagues, skills and items.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
Daaaaaamn, I'm going to say something none of us hear very often and probably not in the context we'd like:

Fuck me, that's huge.

How about never in the context we'd like. :(

As for the map, I'd like to see more of Ngmakunui (the Karui culture has fascinated me since I fell in love with the 'Weathered Carvings' and the way the oral history was recited), or Trarthus.
"
"
pr13st wrote:
"

Have you seen a map of Wraeclast? We haven't seen even a tenth of the continent yet, nor scratched much of the established lore outside of the fall of the Eternal Empire, which was a relatively brief period in a much larger history.

Spoiler

Daaaaaamn, I'm going to say something none of us hear very often and probably not in the context we'd like:

Fuck me, that's huge.

Here's a rough idea of where we've been. I'd recommend opening it in a new tab so you can zoom out.
Spoiler
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
"
"
pr13st wrote:
"

Spoiler

Fuck me, that's huge.
Huge... tracts of land

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info