Life leech (wiki)

That wiki entry is both needlessly confusing (it spends a lot of effort defining symbols for things that don't need them and could be ommitted or spelled out) and incorrect.

From the article:

"
n is the number of active leech instances

"
The leech recovery duration in seconds is given by

tdur = d * l / r0

"
r0 = p * n * q

This claims that the duration of each leech effect is dependent on how many leech effects are active, which is blatantly false. They're all independent, apart from counting towards the same cap on total life leeched per second on your character.

Leech is a lot simpler than that article is trying to make it.

Each time you hit a thing and deal damage you can leech from, you'll create add one leech effect to yourself.
The rate of that leech effect is 2% of max life* per second, increased by your "increased life leeched per second" modifiers. E.g. 100% increase would mean each leech effect is leeching at a rate of 4% of maximum life per second.
The duration of each leech effect is simply how long it has to last to recover the correct amount of life, given this fixed rate, i.e. leech_duration = life_leeched / leech_rate

If you have modifiers that give you increased life leeched per second, these apply here to make you actually get more per second, for the same duration.

These individual leech effects stack, but there's also a maximum life leech rate - i.e. the a cap on the total amount of life your character can leech per second. The base cap is 20% of maximum life, but this is cap is added to by the "x% of maximum Life per second to maximum Life Leech rate" stat. so +4% of this stat would mean your total life leech rate is now capped at 24% of maximum life per second, rather than 20%.

If you have enough leech effects on you that the total amount of life you would leech per second would exceed this maximum rate, you instead leech at the maximum rate.

*I've used life throughout, but this is equally true of mana leech
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 19, 2015, 12:19:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info