New MTX: Rename item

There are some items I'm more attached to than others. Whether it's because I crafted them, got them at a really good price, or just because they are extremely powerful. I'm never going to sell them, and would like to personalize them with their own lore.

Rare items in this game have kind of meaningless names, at the same time rare items are some of the most powerful. Something like "Wrath Bite Reaver Sword" isn't terrible per se, but being able to call it "Devouring Sword of the Abyss" just sounds cool, and is a name more worthy of it's planet busting attack stats.

Any plans for something like this?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I have requested a personalization feature as well as it was a great feature in D2. But in D2 it was a quest reward.

Edit: you didn't rename the item in D2 but you personalized it by prepending your char's name. I guess if you want to change the item name completely that's a different story. If it's an mtx, you would not be able to trade it away, which I suppose would not hurt anything as you would be able to restore the item should you wish to trade it away.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Sep 26, 2015, 2:17:57 PM
I'd love a name reroll orb with a droprate equivalent to gcp or blessed orbs.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
I'd be paying big MTX monies for the chance to wield my hybrid Lorde/Lil John dagger, "Because We're Royal Skean Skean Skean"

Jesus, that's terrible.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
There'd be too much room for name abuse, as we see so often in character names...

Totally agree! Sadly...
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
Charan saving the tiny amount of $_$ i got, thank you sir.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
People would abuse it, I can't argue with that. But by that logic we shouldn't be able to name our characters either. It's manageable.

As an MTX, it would work like any other MTX: the item affected couldn't be traded until the MTX was removed. I'd prefer name changes were reusable but could live with it if they were consumed like skin transfers, even though that always felt just a bit stingy to me.

Making it an orb is interesting idea, but since it can't be used to make items worse, I don't think that would happen.
"

Making it an orb is interesting idea, but since it can't be used to make items worse, I don't think that would happen.

It could if there was a chance of rolling a terrible name as well as just a new name:

"Feeble Slap, Karui Maul"
Trotting out an old suggestion:

D2-esque name prepending to rares would be fantastic, primarily for the very high end crafters. Once you make, say, Loath Bane, you could rename it to Foobar's Loath Bane, and every mirrored copy would carry that moniker.

In effect, it's player-made created-in-game uniques.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info