[2.4] [Assassin] Qwark's Shock nova build - Cheap, Very high DPS, HC viable, 7,5k+ EHP.

Hey there,

so with the patch nodes posted and the update only hours away, do you see any changes to the build? Or do you think it will work the same way as before?
IGN: Myralah (Rampage)
"
Kinglooi wrote:
Hey there,

so with the patch nodes posted and the update only hours away, do you see any changes to the build? Or do you think it will work the same way as before?

You could already clear T15 maps, the only thing that changed is that you get faceroll lvls of damage much earlier and without gear requirements.

I also expect lvling with shock nova to be very easy with assassin, disregard a few life nodes and go for crit as soon as you can, equip inc crit strikes and do the labyrinth for the 100% more crit chance at full life mode so you 1 shot everything.

Since there's such a dramatic increase in crit, you don't actually want to pick up some damage clusters that you did before, freeing up some points. Those points go into the witch's flask effectiveness nodes to buff life, basalt and unique flasks.

Since we have tons of overkill damage and crit chance, we can drop wrath and possibly poacher's mark.

A change I would make is to drop a jewel and a crit node near doom cast to pick up VP whenever you get a Vinktar's.
Last edited by Qwark28 on Mar 3, 2016, 11:31:33 AM
Hmm I'm not sure if I really get what you are saying. I don't see which damage clusters we could not pick, as there are only 2 damage clusters which are not pathing: Doom cast and throatseeker. I guess they are both still too strong to simply forgo.

What do you mean by we can drop wrath? What is the benefit of dropping it? The possibility to use arctic armor or something else? Same goes for poarcheers mark, which was as I thought for the reliable life and mana on hit as well as some frenzy charges.
You think this is not necessary anymore? So no dual cursing?

Would you mind putting a skilltree up with the changes you suggested, maybe I have mistaken something...

Thank you for your help! I highly appreciate you affords in awnsering questions regarding your builds.
IGN: Myralah (Rampage)
"
Kinglooi wrote:
Hmm I'm not sure if I really get what you are saying. I don't see which damage clusters we could not pick, as there are only 2 damage clusters which are not pathing: Doom cast and throatseeker. I guess they are both still too strong to simply forgo.

What do you mean by we can drop wrath? What is the benefit of dropping it? The possibility to use arctic armor or something else? Same goes for poarcheers mark, which was as I thought for the reliable life and mana on hit as well as some frenzy charges.
You think this is not necessary anymore? So no dual cursing?

Would you mind putting a skilltree up with the changes you suggested, maybe I have mistaken something...

Thank you for your help! I highly appreciate you affords in awnsering questions regarding your builds.

It basically comes down to this

pre-2.2 ;

Crit chance of around 50-58%, running dual curse for power and frenzy charges and 2 auras, HoT and Wrath for cursing and DPS.

2.2 ;

Capped crit chance

DPS possibly to the point of dropping frenzy charges, saving a ring slot. Can also probably afford to drop wrath for some defensive blasphemy curse.

My point is pretty much this. You get so much crit chance that most things will definitely die in 1 cast and there'll be a lot of overkill damage which is useless and can be exchanged for defensive benefits.
Can you update the skill tree for 2.2 or can i use a generic tree while u sort out your tree? thanks
Updated.
decided to try ru shock nova in Perandus.
I'm trying this build on Perandus now. It's great fun and clear speed is awesome, but survivability is a big issue. Almost every other pack of Perandus' shiny friends kills me.

Just wondering why you decided to drop EB and MOM? Why not ZO/MOM/EB and run AA at the same time?
Would you consider dropping Herald of Thunder for something else?

Seems like the ticking of the Herald would be dropping monsters below the "full life" threshold for your assassin crit (Ambush).
~
"
bluecrystal19 wrote:
I'm trying this build on Perandus now. It's great fun and clear speed is awesome, but survivability is a big issue. Almost every other pack of Perandus' shiny friends kills me.

Just wondering why you decided to drop EB and MOM? Why not ZO/MOM/EB and run AA at the same time?

Wrath is a great DPS boost.

EB and MoM are dropped because the meta changed. You only took those keystones to be able to cast spells without issues and the mana changes completely fixed that.

This build is meant to end up with a 5K life and 3K ES pool by the time you're in your 80s, that's just not possible with EB ZO MOM.

For your survivabillity problems I would suggest high life/ES gear and not to facetank the entire packs unless you have Vinktar's and VP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info