Arc templar what i can do to improve my build.

Gear:

Spoiler

Skill tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABAcEswVCCPQJqg3RDkgPxBBYEQ8RlhOeFkAWbxvxHRQfAiBuJy8pTyycLR8yNDbFOlg62Dt8QZZEq0yzUDBVS1WuVcZXlF3yXyph4mNDZp5o8mpDaxdrt3RVdhF8S34zfll-r37Hf8aCEIKbg9uFfYuMjDaNGY5kj0aPppBVlSCWdJo7na6iAKKjpJGnCK6ztvq4yrzqwFTAZsCawfPQ9dWm2CTZX9n8217djN-w4BLhc-Nq5Ozli-vk7DjtPPAf96b53frS

Thanks for any advice.
Last edited by jankiel7 on Sep 22, 2015, 5:51:32 AM
Hi there, my number one recommendation would be, trade added lightning damage for lightning penetration. While this results in a lower tooltip, it greatly increases your clear speed.

My second tip would be to use vaal storm call instead of the normal storm call. Replace faster casting for lightning penetration in your links. Vaal storm call is really great for tearing through large packs and helping your single target damage vs hard to kill rares or uniques. Also it recharges quickly so don't be afraid to use it a lot.

So those changes will greatly improve your build without changing your gear or tree. The next changes will.

Crit is great fun, very satisfying on lightning spells, however it takes a lot of passives and massive gear to do it well. When you are trying crit lightning spells with mediocre gear and are short on passives you end up with incredibly swingy damage.

Personally I prefer to do non crit lightning and just stack damage nodes. Here is a revised copy of a ball lightning witch I have.

Passive skill tree build

Before I get into the tree, you would need to ditch cloak of defiance. Cloak on Mana is not great these days because of hard hard it is to get enough mana (you pretty much need pledge of hands). A rare with life es and resists is fine, links won't matter.

Move arc to the geofri's and link with lightning pen, spell echo, and faster casting. Move Herald of Thunder out of the Doryani's Catalyst because the elemental proliferation is likely causing a higher mana reservation.

You will run 3 auras, Wrath, Herald of thunder (with the curse on hit setup you have), and clarity. Ideally link that enlighten you have to clarity and wrath when it levels.

Pick up an enduring cry, in combination with the regen you have it will give your ES a decent "heal". In my experience this makes the hybrid play style actually work. The three endurance charges are a nice addition to your defenses as well.

With these changes you will have more consistent damage and better clear speed (I've been in the same situation you are in before, I know how this change feels). So at this point if you like the feel of the build I'd recommend adding the lightning variant of the doryani's invitation belt. Then look for a shield with lots of spell damage and ideally +2 to lightning gems for your herald of thunder. From there out I would just look for armor/es gloves/boots/chest so you can better mitigate physical damage. And in general, prioritize life and resist on every piece of rare gear. Massive damage is useless if you can't take a hit.

I hope some of the tips are useful.
Last edited by nosrek_avowed on Sep 22, 2015, 1:00:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info