[HO Competition Winner] Wraeclast Wonder : The Colosseum

Theme : How THE ARENA changed my life

Featuring a town with a bustling Marketplace, Mysterious Graveyard, a Prison, a Royal Palace, and Docks

League : Standard

this is a short story featuring my town, pls read on :)

Who am I , Ezomyte, Eternal or Oriathan?, I no longer know. Bleed, get healed only to bleed again, that’s what i remember, that’s what I do.

I remember the day that i first set foot here, a lonely man on a half rotten barge, I was drained, exhausted, hungry but most of all angry.

More dead than alive, a kind man gave me food and water only to die himself two days later. From there on I begged for bread at the market, lowest of the low.

Desperate I sought work from Catarina but all she want is to boil me alive and put me in her cage

then i tried stealing,
Vorici taught me the life of a criminal. For a while I was successful but eventually I got caught and thrown into prison

this is where I saw Vagan.
I don’t know his backstory or why he was in prison (may be something to do with ear bending or his pride) but I watched him and I learned to fight. "Fighting isn’t all about how to hit your enemy, it’s more about how to avoid being hit yourself" i remember those words, so i watched Vagan and learned how to avoid his skills, and practiced

The dreadful day approached, the day we die, the day of the grand arena, we were sent to the arena to fight to death. You know what I’m good at? I’m good at not dying, I used all my prison buddies as meat shields until only two remains, me and Vagan. He's exhausted, the weight of all those swords pulling him down and I’m full of energy, he's good at hitting but I'm good at not getting hit especially by Vagan.

We fought for an eternity , I ran round and round and he chased me (that dude got some stamina) I ran so fast it felt like my legs caught fire, every dash another flame,I became a dashing Flame, Vagan chased me but couldn’t tolerate the heat, and finally he put his sword in the ground, and with his head bent he said "I've never seen such skill, so I never prepared against it, my eyes are open I'm awake (PATH OF EXILE 2.0 : THE AWAKENING) but feel as if I’m dreaming.
“I SURRENDER”

with this the battle has ended, everyone is half asleep in their seats but the queen Zana is amazed and married me the next day, her umptieth marriage.

That’s how a beggar, a theif and a fighter became king
They say Daresso is king of the arena but he didn’t meet me yet.

Special thanks to my friends :
Jernsaxe,
Geisalt,
DrakSenf,
Skyion,
Sie_Sayoka
Last edited by zstark on Oct 3, 2015, 8:38:17 AM
i like this very much! has some combinations i havent seen before, which is weird because making hideouts is all i do :D

also very thematic, you could post it in that theme thread (if you havent already :p)
"
hideouts wrote:
i like this very much! has some combinations i havent seen before, which is weird because making hideouts is all i do :D

also very thematic, you could post it in that theme thread (if you havent already :p)

Thank you very much for feedback :)

Come visit my ho sometime
Ign: Kchron_Kingkiller
updated with story, check it out and pls give feedback

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info