[2.2 Korago's "Budget" Life based Mjolner - No Voll's required, updated for Ascendancy!]

Its easy, just get +stat on your gear. I no longer need Atziri's Foible and have switched to this
while i wait for volls to drop :)

Rest of my gear
Spoiler

Thanks for the guide Korago!
Last edited by sjs1985 on Jan 9, 2016, 10:51:45 AM
I finally got all my stuff equipped and enjoying the character...

the issue I have been having is I am only 3.7k life and was wondering how do you beat the Vaal Side areas...Wafiq & Quetzerxi are insanely hard to kill before they kill me. I am in HC so I avoid them like the plague but What life should i have at level 75 because it feels low.

Any advice would be appreciated...I am using ALL the same gear minus the Astramentis. I am using the Atziri Foible to help get the stats off...

All my hands belt and feet have 70+ life on them so I was just curious...I am wondering for mapping purposes...I want to be safe so any more updated info would be helpful...

Also is Herald of Thunder/CurseonHit/Warlord's Mark better then running Blasphemy/heraldofThunder/Warlord's Mark...I can see that maybe it would be an issue based on the 25% it takes up.

Running AA/HoT/FlameGolem/purity of lightning

Last edited by RagnarLoftbrook on Jan 10, 2016, 8:38:12 PM
I'm running this build right now, and while i like it some of the choices you made in the passive skill tree make absolutely no sense to me.

1) You pick up Catalyse which is pretty worthless imo. 90%+ of your damage is going to be coming from the Mjolner procs so i don't understand why you'd ever waste points trying to increase molten strikes/lightning strikes damage.

2) You pick up Studious Combatant and Sleight of Hand. Again, wasting stats on Molten Strike when the dps increase from those nodes (aside from the attack speed) is going to be minimal. Path of the Warrior also is an iffy node to me.

3) You don't spec into the elemental damage nodes at the shadow start point. You get +56% elemental damage across 5 nodes, which would give a far bigger damage increase per node than the Studious Combatant and Sleight of Hand node trees you speced into.

4) The general lack of armor nodes and not picking up Sanctity. With this build you're most likely going to have around 4k base armor and not picking up any real amount of armor nodes seems like a waste. Sanctity alone would give you 800 armor (not to mention int and str), and you could easily spec down into the Marauder start (possibly instead of some of the other random life nodes you took like the extra Barbarism node, and the Hired Killer tree)

5) You most likely waste a skill point on either +10 str or +10 int at the jewel socket near the elemental tree.

I'm no expert at this game, but unless i'm missing something i really don't see the reasoning behind some of these choices (most notably the melee dps nodes like Catalyse, Studious Combatant and Sleight of Hand).
Last edited by KageKami on Jan 14, 2016, 6:44:54 AM
I respec't from another Build to this on my Templar. Since it was a regret respec rather than a full respec i had to make some compromises.

The Char is lv80 and kills large packs like nothing, but the single target dps is horrible, I'm wondering: Is this due to my unoptimised passiv tree, or does this build lack single target dps - obviously a Voll's Devotion char does a lot more, but anyhow, just curious.
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Last edited by Darkrox on Jan 18, 2016, 11:20:01 AM
Hi I started out with this build, but I find it very slow to level with my Scion. I'm using caustic arrow and a bow at the moment. What do you prefer for power-levelling?
bladefall.
can you post some "engame-gear" what is better than this (if this is even possible :D)
"
KageKami wrote:
I'm running this build right now, and while i like it some of the choices you made in the passive skill tree make absolutely no sense to me.

1) You pick up Catalyse which is pretty worthless imo. 90%+ of your damage is going to be coming from the Mjolner procs so i don't understand why you'd ever waste points trying to increase molten strikes/lightning strikes damage.

2) You pick up Studious Combatant and Sleight of Hand. Again, wasting stats on Molten Strike when the dps increase from those nodes (aside from the attack speed) is going to be minimal. Path of the Warrior also is an iffy node to me.

3) You don't spec into the elemental damage nodes at the shadow start point. You get +56% elemental damage across 5 nodes, which would give a far bigger damage increase per node than the Studious Combatant and Sleight of Hand node trees you speced into.

4) The general lack of armor nodes and not picking up Sanctity. With this build you're most likely going to have around 4k base armor and not picking up any real amount of armor nodes seems like a waste. Sanctity alone would give you 800 armor (not to mention int and str), and you could easily spec down into the Marauder start (possibly instead of some of the other random life nodes you took like the extra Barbarism node, and the Hired Killer tree)

5) You most likely waste a skill point on either +10 str or +10 int at the jewel socket near the elemental tree.

I'm no expert at this game, but unless i'm missing something i really don't see the reasoning behind some of these choices (most notably the melee dps nodes like Catalyse, Studious Combatant and Sleight of Hand).

Same. I don't undestand the need to boost physical.

Did some tweaking, my current tree is (I'm 83) :
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAA5YEsw3RDkgPqxZAFm8Wvxo4IuIkiyaVJy8qOCpNMgk1kjrYOuE7KDwFPC0_J0V8RtdH4krIS1dQR1FMVEdVS1cpWfNd8l-wYENh4mNDZp5nm2jybEZuPW6qb55xhXIPcmxyqXasfNl9W4KbgwmDX4PMhMWFfYw2kFWXl5o7m7WexJ_fogCkOaa-rEesqq2Nrj6xQrQ4tfK3Pr6AwGbA48M6xBXE9sauykrPfti92rnjauOE5FHlGeoY7DjvDu988B_xs_JF9zL60vv1_gr-jw==?accountName=Pandaroux&characterName=Allumettes

I think still build is fun, but won't make it into endgame with so little defenses.

Spoiler
Last edited by Pandaroux on Feb 26, 2016, 12:50:43 PM
The build has now been updated to 2.2
Fixed some spelling and grammar and cleaned up the guide, should be mostly finished for 2.2

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info