[2.2 Korago's "Budget" Life based Mjolner - No Voll's required, updated for Ascendancy!]

"
cheechong123 wrote:
Hey korag any tips on working in MF ive added le heup of all manageing to keep Rez capped and gain 20% dmg dont know what else

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/cheechong123/characters what i got atm dont know what to upgrade lol

Hey cheechong we talked a bit in game but ill post what I said there in case anyone else is interested.
As most items except the required core are flexible it is quite easy to tweak the gear to have focus on magic find.
The item I would recommend the most are the "Sundance" boots, providing both attack speed, rarity and some resist they are a perfect fit for MF, the 10% movement speed increase is not a big deal as leap slam is mostly used to get around.
As for the rest, the replacements are just standard MF, get as much MF as possible on gear while maintaining resists and a decent health pool, some of the BiS slot uniques can also be replaced with MF gear, Lioneye's / Saffel's can easily be swapped out for shields with MF on them and daressos can be replaced with a good rare chest which would allow for more flexibility with the rest of the gear.
I wouldn't recommend running Divination Distillate as with leech it is quite hard to keep the buff up.

Another topic that I have had a few people ask me in game about is, what upgrades to get after getting all the recommended uniques and a good set of rares together with a 5L chest. Getting a 6 link is not as big of an upgrade compared to other builds simply because Lightning / Molten strike is mostly used to proc mjolner and does not deal very much damage by itself. Instead of investing in a 6l I would instead recommend getting high quality gems and after that some good corrupts on some of the BiS uniques as most of them are somewhat cheap. The biggest upgrade this build can get is a Volls Devotion, which is unfortunately very expensive and the whole point of the build was to make a strong mjolner build without needing a Volls. If a voll's is acquired a small amount of changes will be need to be made to the gear, daressos should be swapped out for kingsguard and more int / strength will be needed on gear but otherwise the transition should be rather smooth.

Hope that helped clear up some questions

"
I have been trying to build this...I am currently trying to level with Lifesprig Firestorm>FC>Conc and Night's Hold using Flame totem...

What is the proper way to focus on the tree first? I am currently at the intell node Ancestral Knowledge and my damage is so low...

It says to level with spells which is what I would like to do but do I not pick up the attack speed til later?

Also I don't like molten strike that much and Lightning Strike is OK but I am a little lost on how to level...I am leveling up an Arc gem in my offhand and wondering what aura's to use and what nodes to go for first to level fast to try and get to mjolner.

I got Mjolner/Romira's Banquet and just leveling but any info would be awesome on what to do...

thank you. I am playing in HC...I am leveling up cyclone as well...But I think Melee is terrible for leveling so avoiding using them til later.

Unfortunately leveling is quite slow and rather painful until you hit the magical level 66, my friend Dimiodd made a leveling tree for another person in the thread and after having talked to him about it I would say I recommend trying it out
"
Dimiodd wrote:

You can use any kind of non-chaos spell in a +1 scepter since the damage you get from the tree is elemental. if you have issues with mana you can get the scion mana nodes to the left (up to shaper) and just respec out of them when you can equip mjol. The leveling tree would look something like this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAACGeTOr0nGDz56EGHtz6DzP4KPC3Yvcaug181ksT2tfLEFXKpbqr3MqyqSshZ8z8nGjhyDypNkFWUb3GFZp59WycvZlTzEVcpFkCsRzrYsUJG14V9UUzsOMpKgptfsJo7m7Wf38M673w8BcBmBLOiAHzZKjg=

And when you get that far you start going through the scion AS start, respec out of shaper and fill in the rest. This should give a smoother leveling experience.

For skills i recommend freeze pulse, arc, incinerate or other good leveling spells (i don't think flame blast will be optimal because of the low amount of cast speed though).

As for auras, use as many as you can afford to use depending on your mana pool, but as you are leveling on HC I would recommend prioritizing AA and then herald of thunder, I personally only used purity when I started using blood magic at level 66
What is the Atziri viability like in 2.1 with this build? I'm extremely interested.
Last edited by Randomness1337 on Dec 22, 2015, 10:58:47 AM
You should definitely invest in a Tabula if you are going to level with this build. It can be a bit painful to level but the build is super fun when you hit 60+.
Last edited by dupie on Dec 26, 2015, 4:04:11 AM
Im having fun leveling, running a tabula 6 link, owning everything ^^
Last edited by caraticus on Dec 25, 2015, 7:52:48 AM
Yeah leveling is a pretty boring, so I watch moveis/ shows while playing :)) . Im using Tabula, and after 30 I use the skill, which is called bladefall....it's physical spell and deal pretty decent dmg.
This build is awesome, just found my next best thing for my underleveled scion, thanks!
I'm having so much fun with this build. Thank you for sharing it.

Last year, before I stopped playing for a long time, I dropped a legacy Mjolner, but I've never actually used it.
And since Voll's Devotions is expensive as hell, I thought that the Mjolner alone wasn't going to be enough no make a discharge build shine.

Explosions... explosions everywhere!!!
Im having Koam's heart and Aegis, do you think I can use any one those two to fit with this build? thanks
First time Mjölner here and... wow. The moment i picked up that hammer i felt like a god! Thanks for this build ;)

I deal so much damage and it is really tanky despite only having 3.6k life atm. I am using both lightning strike in a 4l and molten in my armor since i love switching between mob clearing and boss killing.

Any thoughts on rightous fire for boss killing or blood rage? (i am using a saffels right now)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info