what am i doing wrong?

Hello! Sorry if this is a noob question, I just started playing... I'm level 57 with 1.2k health, 11 energy shield, and 4345 evasion rating with a 52% chance to evade attacks. I'm having difficulty staying alive. I've been grinding for better gear forever and I'm not coming across anything remotely better. I'm about to add some mods to my current gear what is the best thing to add? Energy shield? More hp? More evasion? tia!<3
Due to a recent global change by GGG, we are unable to view your character's gear, so I will have to speculate. If you want more specific suggestions after reading this, click on your account name - click privacy settings - uncheck "Hide Characters" - then click update.

-Aim for 2k (3k even better) life before fighting A4 in cruel. Acquire this by getting +hit points on every piece of armor and jewelry and/or pickup more life nodes in the passive tree.
-Get resists as high as possible (they cap @ 75%). This will dramatically lower your damage taken.
-If monsters are able to swarm you before you can kill them, you probably need a weapon upgrade. If you are a physical attack character, try to get a weapon with both a 100%+ physical damage and a +x-y physical damage mod.
-To get the gear mentioned above, you will probably have to purchase it using poe.trade, a website that serves as the auction house for this game.
-Buy and use a decoy totem gem from the vendor. Thing is ridiculously useful.

If you want comments on your passive tree, you'll have to change your privacy settings. My characters are available to view; all my rangers are bow characters that would probably serve as good examples for you.

Best of luck!
Last edited by Glowstix on Sep 4, 2015, 3:04:12 PM
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! My resists are fairly decent besides chaos...my decoy totem is the only thing saving me and my sanity, but i find harder enemies (rogues and such) tend to ignore the totems. So i've been running past those guys but probably missing out on good loot. Before each boss fight i make sure i just leveled up so i can die 20x without sacrificing any xp. lol pretty pathetic..

I changed my settings if you care to take a peek. :)
"
ceriebare wrote:
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! My resists are fairly decent besides chaos...my decoy totem is the only thing saving me and my sanity, but i find harder enemies (rogues and such) tend to ignore the totems. So i've been running past those guys but probably missing out on good loot. Before each boss fight i make sure i just leveled up so i can die 20x without sacrificing any xp. lol pretty pathetic..

I changed my settings if you care to take a peek. :)

The main problem is your extremely low Max Life on tree. You've got 22% Max Life at 58.
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
I'm pretty close to some life nodes...i see some are only 3 passive points away. I suppose I could respec but what should i give up for the moment? Everything seems good for me except all the dex.

edit: yelp...why did i not snag that herbalism..
Last edited by ceriebare on Sep 5, 2015, 1:00:40 AM
"
ceriebare wrote:
Hello! Sorry if this is a noob question, I just started playing... I'm level 57 with 1.2k health, 11 energy shield, and 4345 evasion rating with a 52% chance to evade attacks. I'm having difficulty staying alive. I've been grinding for better gear forever and I'm not coming across anything remotely better. I'm about to add some mods to my current gear what is the best thing to add? Energy shield? More hp? More evasion? tia!<3

Hi, took a quick look at your gear. Your gloves and your helmet are killing you. Just sacrifice evasion for life, keep the resists where they are (I assume they're maxed; didn't check), and see how that goes. Sweet gear btw.

Edit: also, try to get a new amulet.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Last edited by bwam on Sep 8, 2015, 12:36:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info