☆ Saranghaeyo_'s Physical Bow Ranger Resource ☆ WIP ☆ Gear & Gem Link Discussion ☆

"
Opinionated wrote:

New map mod: "Added a new end-game map mod: of Congealment. This mod provides monsters with immunity to life and mana leech. This mod only appears at high tier maps and is rarer than most mods." Personally, I use life gain on hit and hybrid flasks to counter.

If you rely heavily on life leech - then, yeah, life gain on hit is the only option.
However, in my build, i have 14.2% life regen, and can run a map even without life leech. I do it while running reflect maps (using LA+PtL instead of TS). Mana leech will be more an issue, but several "+2 mana gained on hit" jewels should do the job.

You can also just skip that mod - it's quite rare, after all.

Meginord's Girdle isnt really useful for Archer. We have quite high physical damage from bow, usually, so added damage wont do much. You better just use rare rustic sash with high HP, resists, flask duration, etc.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Opinionated wrote:
You have a burning arrow linked in your lightning arrow section.

Nitpicking, but your lightning arrow section is missing some small details in my opinion. The built in elemental conversion is crucial for reflect damage. LA has great synergy with life gain on hit. I didn't notice mention of shock status effect. Personally, LA + chain is better than LA + GMP; and I would only use LA + GMP + chain for controlling reflect damage. I believe pierce is actually the substitute for GMP.

New map mod: "Added a new end-game map mod: of Congealment. This mod provides monsters with immunity to life and mana leech. This mod only appears at high tier maps and is rarer than most mods." Personally, I use life gain on hit and hybrid flasks to counter.

No likey meginords girdle heavy belt?

Overall, a bit wall of texty IMO. Could use more spoiler tags when you finish. For instance, how about putting LA, SA, TS, and IS each in their own spoiler tags.

Very small complaints from me. Great work compiling all this information.

Oh, geez. Yeah, I gotta fix that. The night I was typing all of this the linking crashed (as it has happened often on these forums) for a moment and I got the dreaded "Can't find item, did you specify X and Y?" thing for everything I had typed out, which you can imagine is quite a bit. Tried to get everything back in order but looks like I made some errors.

I'm looking towards the weekend to make revisions and finish the last section. It doesn't help that I've been sidetracked with the One Month League this past week as well:

That said, to comment, I do agree that LA has nice sustain with LGOH Gem, which is slated to be added into Gem options when I make the revision. Will update with Shock comments as well, is one thing that is quite nice about the Gem and "invisible" damage you don't see with Tooltip. I have been saving all my 80+ to binge on when I finally have the determination to get to 100, so I have not run into the new mod -- I suspect that it will be a tough one to sustain for this type of build, and as with Physical Reflect, might even be worth Chaosing away.

About LA + Pierce, I only ever considered it for a different style of AOE with LA + GMP + Pierce (as you'll get the small AOE bonuses each time ofc), but never together with Chain as LA + Chain + Pierce. LA does not have the same skill behavior as Ice Shot where you get a bonus explosion if it Pierces; is this a setup that you've messed around with?

I think Meginord's is a nice option early but it gets far outshadowed with Rares and/or Doryani Belt. As it turns out I will not have enough space in the last post I reserved to cover a budget section, where I originally planned on talking about stuff like Meginord, Infractem, Starkonja, etc... but the next temp league I may log progress so that I can do another post about budget gearing. For some of these shorter leagues where I don't have as much time to devote as I used to, I have been playing pretty cheap types of builds.

I do think I need to do Spoilers within Spoilers to hold all the individual skill setups though. I just opened the section again to glance over it, and it's quite a large section.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Oct 9, 2015, 1:12:48 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Opinionated wrote:

If you rely heavily on life leech - then, yeah, life gain on hit is the only option.
However, in my build, i have 14.2% life regen, and can run a map even without life leech. I do it while running reflect maps (using LA+PtL instead of TS). Mana leech will be more an issue, but several "+2 mana gained on hit" jewels should do the job.

You can also just skip that mod - it's quite rare, after all.

Meginord's Girdle isnt really useful for Archer. We have quite high physical damage from bow, usually, so added damage wont do much. You better just use rare rustic sash with high HP, resists, flask duration, etc.

In your build you wear medieval stronghold for a chest armor and have 1 year worth of supplies inside.

But actually it's pretty cool you can do things in so different ways in poe, but still make it working alright one way and another.
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Oct 9, 2015, 4:59:07 AM
"

so I have not run into the new mod -- I suspect that it will be a tough one to sustain for this type of build, and as with Physical Reflect, might even be worth Chaosing away.

Perhaps a section on map mods would be best? Personally, I hate telling people to chaos their maps. Specifically, because most of the time a simple quiver or gem swap is all they need to complete the map.

"
About LA + Pierce, is this a setup that you've messed around with?

I use the pierce passive tree cluster. I'm pretty sure there is an old thread somewhere explaining in detail the benefits of pierce with LA. The TLDR is no damage penalty and the geometry of LA works well.
"

I think Meginord's is a nice option early but it gets far outshadowed with Rares and/or Doryani Belt.

I don't know about "far outshadowed". Compared to a rustic, meginord gives me more damage and more life. Also, 50+ strength frees up at least 2 passive points. I agree putting it in a budget section would be just fine.

I really hope you can free up some space for budget items. Personally, I would trim your personal gear/acknowledgments sections. Perhaps this sounds jaded, but those guides are not original anyways. It is much more useful to have all this knowledge in one place than to inflate egos.
<3 Free Tibet <3
I tried to get a nice video of LA + chain + pierce. Couldn't get a good one. It worked but was inconsistent.

In my opinion, these are your options for LA:

LA + GMP/LMP
LA + Chain
LA + Pierce + Extra projectile quiver
LA + GMP + Chain (Only for controlling reflect damage)

I do not recommend adding pierce onto your GMP because you end up "wasting" projectiles.

LMP + Pierce seemed ok. I think there are better supports.

Chain + Pierce wasn't horrible, but again I think there are better supports.

Pierce on 1-2 projectiles seemed to be most efficient.
<3 Free Tibet <3
"
Opinionated wrote:
I tried to get a nice video of LA + chain + pierce. Couldn't get a good one. It worked but was inconsistent.

In my opinion, these are your options for LA:

LA + GMP/LMP
LA + Chain
LA + Pierce + Extra projectile quiver
LA + GMP + Chain (Only for controlling reflect damage)

I do not recommend adding pierce onto your GMP because you end up "wasting" projectiles.

LMP + Pierce seemed ok. I think there are better supports.

Chain + Pierce wasn't horrible, but again I think there are better supports.

Pierce on 1-2 projectiles seemed to be most efficient.

I also think LA works pretty good with LMP/GMP alone (LMP is OK with +1 arrow quiver especially). Things like Pierce or Chain arent needed. You better just use an extra DPS support gem. Pierce is still mandatory for Drillneck users, though.

"
Opinionated wrote:

I don't know about "far outshadowed". Compared to a rustic, meginord gives me more damage and more life. Also, 50+ strength frees up at least 2 passive points. I agree putting it in a budget section would be just fine.

Actually, if you've taken enough % increased maximum life from tree (around 200%), then life bonus from Meginord will be equal to T1 life mod on rare belt (+90-99 life). But rare belt belt can have strength roll on it, for further HP (and damage, if you got Iron Grip), dual-resist and WED. Of course, such a belt will be worth an exalted, or even more, but it will be clearly better in all aspects.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Finished up the Gem Links section. I don't have a lot of space so I don't think I can write anymore (my bad for not reserving another post, did not think it would get this long...

Other small revisions, added Spoiler sections for 6L configurations with different skills.

And ofc added Buffs, CWDT, and Utility Gem sections. As it stands, this is all the information I can fit into 3 posts, so this is basically Full Revision #1, and the next session I have I will try to incorporate what everyone else was saying, that list is not forgotten. Sorry for huge delays :x

"
Opinionated wrote:
"

so I have not run into the new mod -- I suspect that it will be a tough one to sustain for this type of build, and as with Physical Reflect, might even be worth Chaosing away.

Perhaps a section on map mods would be best? Personally, I hate telling people to chaos their maps. Specifically, because most of the time a simple quiver or gem swap is all they need to complete the map.

"
About LA + Pierce, is this a setup that you've messed around with?

I use the pierce passive tree cluster. I'm pretty sure there is an old thread somewhere explaining in detail the benefits of pierce with LA. The TLDR is no damage penalty and the geometry of LA works well.
"

I think Meginord's is a nice option early but it gets far outshadowed with Rares and/or Doryani Belt.

I really hope you can free up some space for budget items. Personally, I would trim your personal gear/acknowledgments sections. Perhaps this sounds jaded, but those guides are not original anyways. It is much more useful to have all this knowledge in one place than to inflate egos.

Will try to comment on as much as I can. I made the mistake of not reserving enough space to write about anything else without running out of room (as it turns out, linking a pile of Gems is actually a lot of text as each one, like in the trade forums, is location X, Y, etc. I think it is a good idea for discussing map mods, especially since the Wiki was just updated to adjust for Tiers and new changes. LGOH or Chaos will probably be the best option for those maps. I don't feel too awful about Chaos'ing maps; the only build that I can truly "Alch and go" is PA, which is what I've been playing more recently. For Phys Ranger it seems like Reflect and this new mod could be issues, but everything else you can adjust for. LGOH is actually quite good here, but only if there is a Red Gem slot available. I am doing Atziri a lot lately, I may recolor my bow in the future if I go back to hard mapping (GGGGBB >>> GGGBBR), since Level 100 is an eventual goal of mine.

For Meginord, I do really like it during leveling, but with how far we can go into the Duelist section, Strength requirements seem to be not as much of an issue as it is Intelligence nowadays, example my current tree provides +90 Strength, using an Onyx Amulet base allows me to wear everything as needed:

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgUtBbUF-QYjCC4IiQ2NFSAWvxmOGbQajR9BIXYi6iP2JP0mlSoLLOktgy5TMHEwfDH6MgEylDY9N9Q51DpCQzFHfkp9S3hNklFHVUtbJluvXWhh4mHrYqxlTWegbIxtbG_ycFJw1XGhdO11y3b3elN9dX8Cfyt_-4TZhrOGzod2idOMNo19jX6Nv49PlQWa8Zsmm42dqqCfoaSm4KfUsTCyGbUItUi3trvjvTa-p8EzwUnEosjcyqnPetNv037UI9nG2sHcFd0N3ajh2-Of51TndOjW6mLtP-2D73rz6vaj_h3-uv7I_94=

A player may not have access to all those nodes initially, but later into his/her progress, the added Strength becomes less relevant and this is why I say they may select other options. For mid game and reaching that part in their progress, absolutely.

I may try to create a budget gear option guide or some other for the future. In Warbands I did not get a chance to play a Bow character so my hopes of using that to track progress and talk about upgrading gear did not come to fruition as I wanted, and for the 1MSC I didn't want to go through the headache of Bow Crafting and the finer details, so I elected to play Elemental Crit SA instead (muuuuch easier to gear for on a low budget). So I may look to the next temp league to do something like this.

Overall I feel like I should give credit where due, I learned everything from these posts but this is more to help clarify and consolidate information, as much of it has been distorted from patch changes.

I will play around with Lightning Arrow links the next time I have a chance. As I have found with work and temp leagues, I get a little burnt out when rushing for the challenges, so I do need a break here and there from the game.

Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Oct 17, 2015, 2:19:38 PM
My prefered lightning arrow setup: LA/GMP/Chain/PPAD/WED/Increase crit chance or pcoc (typically in curse immune maps - I have 4 pcharges)

But this costs a lot with 47 mana. Some mana gear may be needed (as I have since 1.2 where mana was such a pain to manage).
I also used to play with GMP/Pierce back in 1.1. It's also a very good combo, and less mana intensive. It performs rather poorly on scattered packs however.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Offering some format options so you might be able to save some space.
Here is a link to a long ago build. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1023736
I didn't link the gems. Not sure about readability as no one commented :p.

What does it look like if you copy paste your thread? I was wondering if you could copy paste into a new thread with more room.

About your puncture section; it is my understanding that for non-trap puncture you want to add in pierce.

I'm also not sure about the maths behind trap setup. Is increased crit damage out classed by slower projectiles in a 6L?

Puncture - trap - ippd - point blank - trap/mine damage - (increased crit damage or slower projectiles)

Congrats on finishing the thread. I know it takes a lot of effort to make guides like this.
<3 Free Tibet <3
"
Opinionated wrote:

I'm also not sure about the maths behind trap setup. Is increased crit damage out classed by slower projectiles in a 6L?

Damage-wise - yes, SP grants higher DMG boost than ICD (assuming you got increased critical multiplier on quiver and amulet, as you should).

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info