☆ Saranghaeyo_'s Physical Bow Ranger Resource ☆ WIP ☆ Gear & Gem Link Discussion ☆

Grace is still fine aura it appears (good ol' grace, sorry). I've been cutting eva to the point where squishy got really too squishy, even in my book. Then applied grace at burned place, bam, I'm fine again.

Spoiler
I see bashing of my idea comming, as grace is really so last season.
Burn all the orbs!
Great resourse indeed.
I want to add my feedback to improve it.

1. Skill tree analysis. You should add better analysis for going even for Maradeur area and Constitution notable for even more tankiness. Also, add analysis for various paths to get out of Ranger's Area, or come to Shadow's area (there are 3 different paths to do so). Usually guides suggest to take long paths, that take many offensive nodes on the wake, but i prefer short paths, that allow to spend more nodes for tankiness. I'm sure, a lot of Tempest players think the same and will want to see super-tanky version of the tree, like tree i use myself. I play Softcore league, but still, losing EXP due to death is a bad thing, and good investments into tankiness will help to avoid it.

2. Gear analysis.
First, no one ever tried to analyze Master mod "attack projectiles return to you". I use it on my bow:
because a)There arent good options for that prefix slot anyway, b)I feel it helps to clear packs faster if using Tornado Shot without pierce.
Second, not just Quiver, but also an Amulet slot should have Critical Multiplier on it.
Third, It would be nice to analyze most popular uniques, used for physical bow build, and compare those to rares (you did it for Drillneck only). Usually, uniques used there are:
Lioneye's Glare for weapon slot
Blood Dance & Atziri's Step for boots slot
Rat's Nest for helm slot
Maligaro's Virtuosity & Facebreaker for gloves slot
Daressos' Defiance, Lightning Coil, Kaom's Heart & Hyrri's Ire for chest slot.
Fourth, note that accuracy roll on gear is also very useful, actually, but its usefullness greatly diminishes as you stack more and more. Usually, i advice to have around +500-700 accuracy from gear (2 good rolls).
Fifth, i want to note, that getting high critical strike chance is good not just for pure DPS number, but (more important), to make your damage more predictable, use crowd control (freeze & stun), knockback enemies far away and refill Surgeon flasks.
My advice to everyone who wants to make a good offensive endgame physical bow build - stack critical strike chance as #1 priority, and get 90%+ chance to score a critical (without curse) - it makes a huge difference between having 60% crit chance and 90% crit chance, even if DPS is the same.

And you still need Gems&link section, etc.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Impressive guide mate, well done.
"
skuadak wrote:
Grace is still fine aura it appears (good ol' grace, sorry). I've been cutting eva to the point where squishy got really too squishy, even in my book. Then applied grace at burned place, bam, I'm fine again.

Spoiler

I will actually cover the use of Grace in the Gems section. Not a completely bad choice to be honest, can see it being used as an alternative to Haste (50% Reservation slot) in some cases, and easily swappable for maps where you feel you need it. I have a Tempest friend who is currently using Grace/AA and mapping very slowly, but it has worked for him, so I can definitely appreciate an extra layer of defense.

@Mortal:

Thanks for the feedback. I still have yet to queue up the rest of the gearing sections nor the Gem Links section (still figuring out how to structure each of the sections as well as what discussion points I want to hit the most). I do agree that Critical Strike Chance is something that many people tend to overlook, even putting it as one of the four main parts of the build.

So a lot of the gear slots you mention, including Jewelry, will be touched up one as the skeleton nears completion. About the Skill Tree, I think if you do want to go for the Marauder area you may want to start Scion or Duelist tbh. The Scion life wheel can be very good, as well as traveling to the core Ranger/Shadow section through Harrier. Maybe I will add more once I have completed the other chapters, it can be something to add to a To-Do List for polishing the text. I definitely think Lioneye's Fall and a Duelist start could have some potential, even if I haven't played around with it all too much and I don't have a Duelist body to test this on.

The reason that I did not cover Lioneye's Glare (but mentioned it very briefly) is that I will be covering it in the Budget Gear/Alternative Gear Chapter, scheduled to be the last one. It is a very viable choice, but has downfalls (as I am sure you know or have seen feedback on) of an inflated attack speed, which we don't necessarily need, as well as the low base Critical Strike Chance. It is also a 1-3c bow in Standard so I felt it was appropriate to move the discussion to that area. But a lot of the Uniques you mentioned for the other slots, such as Maligaro's, Daresso's, Hyrri's, etc, will be covered when I get to the respective sections, as they are not budget and instead end-game (or at least late mid-game) options.

If I have time this week I will find a way to start writing about the Armor/Belt/Boots/Gloves slots before moving on to the "Accessories" Chapter. The Gem Links Chapter is looking to be the biggest challenge, but may be easier to progress towards after I have the proper setup in the prior chapters.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Sep 9, 2015, 4:58:31 PM
"
allsunsdawn wrote:
"
skuadak wrote:

Spoiler

I will actually cover the use of Grace in the Gems section. Not a completely bad choice to be honest, can see it being used as an alternative to Haste (50% Reservation slot) in some cases, and easily swappable for maps where you feel you need it. I have a Tempest friend who is currently using Grace/AA and mapping very slowly, but it has worked for him, so I can definitely appreciate an extra layer of defense.

@Mortal:

Thanks for the feedback. I still have yet to queue up the rest of the gearing sections nor the Gem Links section (still figuring out how to structure each of the sections as well as what discussion points I want to hit the most). I do agree that Critical Strike Chance is something that many people tend to overlook, even putting it as one of the four main parts of the build.

So a lot of the gear slots you mention, including Jewelry, will be touched up one as the skeleton nears completion. About the Skill Tree, I think if you do want to go for the Marauder area you may want to start Scion or Duelist tbh. The Scion life wheel can be very good, as well as traveling to the core Ranger/Shadow section through Harrier. Maybe I will add more once I have completed the other chapters, it can be something to add to a To-Do List for polishing the text. I definitely think Lioneye's Fall and a Duelist start could have some potential, even if I haven't played around with it all too much and I don't have a Duelist body to test this on.

The reason that I did not cover Lioneye's Glare (but mentioned it very briefly) is that I will be covering it in the Budget Gear/Alternative Gear Chapter, scheduled to be the last one. It is a very viable choice, but has downfalls (as I am sure you know or have seen feedback on) of an inflated attack speed, which we don't necessarily need, as well as the low base Critical Strike Chance. It is also a 1-3c bow in Standard so I felt it was appropriate to move the discussion to that area. But a lot of the Uniques you mentioned for the other slots, such as Maligaro's, Daresso's, Hyrri's, etc, will be covered when I get to the respective sections, as they are not budget and instead end-game (or at least late mid-game) options.

If I have time this week I will find a way to start writing about the Armor/Belt/Boots/Gloves slots before moving on to the "Accessories" Chapter. The Gem Links Chapter is looking to be the biggest challenge, but may be easier to progress towards after I have the proper setup in the prior chapters.

No, you SHOULD start as ranger anyway, if you want to make evasion character. You WILL want to take Ranger's nodes anyway, and unlike other classes, Ranger spends only ONE nodes for her "starting area", while Duelist&Shadow spend 5 nodes each.
You can start as Maradeur too, if you want to make armour-based archer, but still, ranger will be no worse even in that case.
And in my scenario, you always can spend those 4 "extra" nodes on more efficient clusters (both for tankiness, DPS or crit), than those starting nodes in Duelist starting area (and Shadow's ones are even worse). That's why i STRONGLY advice anyone (who wants physical bow build) to start as a Ranger and get +1 skill point as Merciless bandit reward.
You also can spent one point for +8% AS node as Ranger - good option is you want higher DPS.
I tell this being Duelist myself, BTW. I know my class isnt optimal for my build, but i dont want to spend so many time leveling a Ranger.

I also want to note - Evasion shares the same rules as accuracy does. It's VERY good at low evasion rating numbers, but it suffers from diminishing returns greatly as evasion rating grows up. That's why i DONT recomend stacking a lot of evasion rating, if it hurts other stats (includes both flat evasion from gear, Grace aura and % evasion increase from tree). The only exception may be for Queen of the Forest users - because they also get movement speed from Evasion rating.

I made analysis for Lioneye's Fall tree (used for Disemboweling cluster), adapted for Maradeur and armour, and compares it to my Ranger's evasion tree:

Maradeur:
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxtg9_FhjxFj2SO8OFCBfP6luwQTYvTWStfJ4DcAabzu9Nkd-hNkB3HfjvqdlTZ7NVbXSIVcN85toZdlhrY3Pfnaskn33MuoY3COYb-XP15ZoWInYcqnyQYIH6mJ1y41-t7ZDMQUtdO3awdNvLlNaGsMzKaV08SFgLIVM_8Ezhs4hdluvTir8xQ2N7g6NfSP2TZJ_KzB8OdR29zH6oJ-m4H8CMpTZxpUFUUfKqV1omvEIib3mPs_tPzfU_94k_edU73r-un11034ZjgBe7YMILkp945-Hdlb6n8unMAHneWgUTfxLvJ86UjJ-GJE=

Ranger:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4Zju2DCC6bjdN-_rp9dX8rVvruDu96OdR296CfMfrKqV1omvEIiZUFUUcwfKbgfwIylNnG_94k_edU7T831L3mPs-NfU2SI_aNv6XLDPK0xcLsBbVsjGKsnapVhW1stUgfQQYjFr8DHmHiJpWMNlVLcFIqC_PqSn3jn4d2DY38xcEzhs4hdluvjX5DMUz_TipaGsMz2sEFLXTt028uU7e2vqd1y-pivTZlTYTZR37YvTWStfJ4DcAaqW534wHcbztfP8EEeWjEWPZI7w4UIDpCS3jdqDBx1CP-j03jplfyRf4KUEd67zrhr-s=

And made some stats comparison (using Blood Dance, excluding DMG boost from shared jewel sockets, assuming +6% life, +15% damage and +3% AS jewel in the extra jewel socket, and assuming +120 str gear for Iron Grip damage purposes)
Maradeur:
%Damage 307%
%AS 44%
%CC 387%
%CD 81%
Life 207
%life 214%
%regen 13.2%
%arm 142%
Int 24
Res 26
%LL 0

Ranger
%Damage 272% +4% more
%AS 62%
%CC 342%
%CD 96%
Life 144
%life 236%
%regen 14.2%
%eva 150%
Int 44
Res 0
%LL 0.4

This is probably the BEST case scenario you can use Lioneye's Fall. For evasion build, it has no use - you have to give up too much to get it. For armour build, it just makes decent stats.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 10, 2015, 2:47:08 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
No, you SHOULD start as ranger anyway, if you want to make evasion character. You WILL want to take Ranger's nodes anyway, and unlike other classes, Ranger spends only ONE nodes for her "starting area", while Duelist&Shadow spend 5 nodes each.
You can start as Maradeur too, if you want to make armour-based archer, but still, ranger will be no worse even in that case.
And in my scenario, you always can spend those 4 "extra" nodes on more efficient clusters (both for tankiness, DPS or crit), than those starting nodes in Duelist starting area (and Shadow's ones are even worse). That's why i STRONGLY advice anyone (who wants physical bow build) to start as a Ranger and get +1 skill point as Merciless bandit reward.
You also can spent one point for +8% AS node as Ranger - good option is you want higher DPS.
I tell this being Duelist myself, BTW. I know my class isnt optimal for my build, but i dont want to spend so many time leveling a Ranger.

I also want to note - Evasion shares the same rules as accuracy does. It's VERY good at low evasion rating numbers, but it suffers from diminishing returns greatly as evasion rating grows up. That's why i DONT recomend stacking a lot of evasion rating, if it hurts other stats (includes both flat evasion from gear, Grace aura and % evasion increase from tree). The only exception may be for Queen of the Forest users - because they also get movement speed from Evasion rating.

I made analysis for Lioneye's Fall tree (used for Disemboweling cluster), adapted for Maradeur and armour, and compares it to my Ranger's evasion tree:

Maradeur:
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxtg9_FhjxFj2SO8OFCBfP6luwQTYvTWStfJ4DcAabzu9Nkd-hNkB3HfjvqdlTZ7NVbXSIVcN85toZdlhrY3Pfnaskn33MuoY3COYb-XP15ZoWInYcqnyQYIH6mJ1y41-t7ZDMQUtdO3awdNvLlNaGsMzKaV08SFgLIVM_8Ezhs4hdluvTir8xQ2N7g6NfSP2TZJ_KzB8OdR29zH6oJ-m4H8CMpTZxpUFUUfKqV1omvEIib3mPs_tPzfU_94k_edU73r-un11034ZjgBe7YMILkp945-Hdlb6n8unMAHneWgUTfxLvJ86UjJ-GJE=

Ranger:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4Zju2DCC6bjdN-_rp9dX8rVvruDu96OdR296CfMfrKqV1omvEIiZUFUUcwfKbgfwIylNnG_94k_edU7T831L3mPs-NfU2SI_aNv6XLDPK0xcLsBbVsjGKsnapVhW1stUgfQQYjFr8DHmHiJpWMNlVLcFIqC_PqSn3jn4d2DY38xcEzhs4hdluvjX5DMUz_TipaGsMz2sEFLXTt028uU7e2vqd1y-pivTZlTYTZR37YvTWStfJ4DcAaqW534wHcbztfP8EEeWjEWPZI7w4UIDpCS3jdqDBx1CP-j03jplfyRf4KUEd67zrhr-s=

And made some stats comparison (using Blood Dance, excluding DMG boost from shared jewel sockets, assuming +6% life, +15% damage and +3% AS jewel in the extra jewel socket, and assuming +120 str gear for Iron Grip damage purposes)
Maradeur:
%Damage 307%
%AS 44%
%CC 387%
%CD 81%
Life 207
%life 214%
%regen 13.2%
%arm 142%
Int 24
Res 26
%LL 0

Ranger
%Damage 272% +4% more
%AS 62%
%CC 342%
%CD 96%
Life 144
%life 236%
%regen 14.2%
%eva 150%
Int 44
Res 0
%LL 0.4

This is probably the BEST case scenario you can use Lioneye's Fall. For evasion build, it has no use - you have to give up too much to get it. For armour build, it just makes decent stats.

That's a fair analysis. Like I said, I wish I had the bodies to play around with it a little bit. But I do agree that if you wanna go for a Lioneye's Fall build, you would probably have to be more Armor based and likely not this style of build overall (that'd be interesting to work out, though).

I also did not really think to apply Lioneye's Fall to the Disemboweling Cluster, but rather the Smashing Strikes Cluster, as you'll have a 10% Chance to gain an Endurance Charge every time you land a Critical Strike, which seems much better than raw Crit Nodes. It would require some heavy pathing overall, but you'll have a lot more effective sturdiness.

I apologize for the late response though, I try not to bump when I'm working on a section to avoid confusion. That said, Chapter 3 is up, regarding Armor selection.

This next section should be very brief, and then I'll have to go buy a bunch of Vendor Gems and get Chromes so I can do the Gem Links / Chroming Chapter. Already mapped out the sections when I had a break at work, if it works out, it should help a lot of people who have questions.
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Sep 16, 2015, 8:29:37 PM
"

That's a fair analysis. Like I said, I wish I had the bodies to play around with it a little bit. But I do agree that if you wanna go for a Lioneye's Fall build, you would probably have to be more Armor based and likely not this style of build overall (that'd be interesting to work out, though).

I also did not really think to apply Lioneye's Fall to the Disemboweling Cluster, but rather the Smashing Strikes Cluster, as you'll have a 10% Chance to gain an Endurance Charge every time you land a Critical Strike, which seems much better than raw Crit Nodes. It would require some heavy pathing overall, but you'll have a lot more effective sturdiness.

I apologize for the late response though, I try not to bump when I'm working on a section to avoid confusion. That said, Chapter 3 is up, regarding Armor selection.

This next section should be very brief, and then I'll have to go buy a bunch of Vendor Gems and get Chromes so I can do the Gem Links / Chroming Chapter. Already mapped out the sections when I had a break at work, if it works out, it should help a lot of people who have questions.

I'm not sure that 10% chance to get Endurance Charg on melee critical will apply to bows even with Lionete's Fall.
And we usually use Daresso's Defiance for endurnce charges anyway.
However, if it works, then it may be worth a try, and (for example) use Lioneye's Vision chest + Drillneck. Or Lightning Coil.

And still, to get those nodes, one should sacrifice too much. Too much HP, usually - and it isnt worth that i think.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
I'm not sure that 10% chance to get Endurance Charg on melee critical will apply to bows even with Lionete's Fall.
And we usually use Daresso's Defiance for endurnce charges anyway.
However, if it works, then it may be worth a try, and (for example) use Lioneye's Vision chest + Drillneck. Or Lightning Coil.

And still, to get those nodes, one should sacrifice too much. Too much HP, usually - and it isnt worth that i think.

It was buggy in CB, but since then has been fixed. I did comment a little on Daresso's Defiance, I had a 6L that I tested but wasn't a huge fan as your CWDT threshold is pretty much the determining factor and while the charge generation was nice, the Onslaught is marginally helpful and you have no control over which one happens in the long run.

Lioneye's Vision is something I was looking at, but I have yet to find one so testing is definitely limited. If the Lioneye's Fall plan is to be used though, it would be stretching the Tree very, very thin. I plan on playing in the 1M League, so again that will be delay in some additional testing.

Chapter 4 is up. Just wrapping up some of the loose ends in gearing, including Rings/Amu, Jewels, and Flasks. The next Chapter on gems is going to be a lot of work I think, and I might hold off on the budget section overall since it has been a lot of typing.
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Sep 19, 2015, 8:44:08 PM
"

It was buggy in CB, but since then has been fixed.

So, it works?
Well, that may have hidden potential...

I made an Evasion tree for Lioneye's Fall, at last:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIACC6bjQBeGY7tg9N-_rp9de4O73p_K1b6OdR29zH6oJ9NkiP2jX0wfFFHpuB_AjKU2caVBcqpXWia8QiJ7T831L3mPs__3iT951Q6Qkt43agwcdQjjb9KfeOfh3YNjfzFwTOGziF2W69aGsMzQzFM_04qBS107drB028uUxLhouqE7zboGlVhIfxLFE0B5xiRvJ8yfjpSdcu3to1-6mK-p702ZU2E2Ud-ggfZfBRxDjxoZfPd-OuRzrvtz352rOoYmG_cI5J99zLlz9eWaFiJ2HKpyWdBcrya7URZ86yqLdKfPpBVGjh6762NJy8=

It has considerably less HP, evasion and regen, than my "ordinary" tree.
However, its DPS potential is considerably higher too (critical strike chance and physical damage are much higher).
To even odds, it also has +3 endurance charges, for 24% physical mitigation. Those endurance charges come "naturally", i dont spend a lot of points o get them.
Endurance charges wil be generated with critical hits, and this tree has extremely high critical strike chance.
And those charges can be used for (quite long) IC.
As for chest, sure, Daresso is NOT an option there. You can try Hyrri's Ire, Kaom's Heart or some rare evasion chest...

Overall, it might became a nice option for many rangers, since they prefer "aggressive" trees anyway.
I think it's a viable tree.
Also, Surgebinders should be a decent choice for elemental setup with that tree.

edit:
tested it a bit on standard. It works, endurance charge generation is good, but not as good as with Darresso, so СWDT IC is questionable

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 20, 2015, 8:00:50 AM
Up.

Posted some sections of Chapter 5 which discuss how to build a 6L configuration. I start with Tornado Shot as an example, and then the other sections cover Split Arrow, Lightning Arrow, and Ice Shot.

I wanted to finish this section, but unfortunately the forums bugged out and my INV/Stash became empty, forcing me to redo every single link configuration in those sections. I'm a little on tilt right now.

I've also decided to remove Chapter 6 as I am completed out of space, and there is no way to reserve more posts after my initial ones. That said, I am playing Ranger in the 1M so there will be plenty of talk about that I'm sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info