[Loot Filter] Don't forget to update

"
respwnd wrote:
you didn't need to update your filter when they changed the name of the spike shield a few weeks ago? how did you manage that? I'm not being snarky, I genuinely want to know.

P.S. Thank you OP for this post, it was a simple fix.

My buddy was running ZiggyD's filter at the time and in his first version he actually misspelled Spike Shield, so he wasn't getting any Spiked Shield drops until the name changed, hilariously.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
"
Ventor wrote:
This is really stupid.

Loot filters forcing players to edit scripts every time the game is updated like this has got to be the laziest thing I have seen a gaming company do.

Honestly how many games have filters like this built in that are so ridiculously customized?

I think you're being far too critical. They mentioned in their news post for this patch that the change would need to be made to existing loot filters. That's good enough for me.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
why make my own when I can copy a good one that is available?

"
respwnd wrote:
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
Ventor wrote:
This is really stupid.

Loot filters forcing players to edit scripts every time the game is updated like this has got to be the laziest thing I have seen a gaming company do.

You only need to update your filters if you have the renamed items in them. I don't, so I'm not forced and never needed to update my filters so far.

If you're the ventor who created Ventor's Gamble - love that ring. :D

you didn't need to update your filter when they changed the name of the spike shield a few weeks ago? how did you manage that? I'm not being snarky, I genuinely want to know.

P.S. Thank you OP for this post, it was a simple fix.

It's a bit hard to explain.
I saw the announcement about the shield, started PoE, didn't do anything to my loot filter and just played the game.
Since I don't specifically filter Spiked or any shield, there was no reason why I should have to do anything to my filter.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info