"4x0=0"

does this affect the orb of chance?
Last edited by minuskind on Sep 3, 2015, 11:26:23 PM
I cannot guarantee but that´s what I think! Increasing drop rate of very rare uniques should also increase they chance rate! ;) If they are 4x easier to drop then also should be 4x easier to chance ;-)
Last edited by NarraX1337 on Sep 4, 2015, 1:57:53 AM
So you go to the store to buy a lottery ticket and they tell you they are having a special promotion, "get 4 for the price of 1".

Does this guarantee you a win?

No.

Does this make everyone a winner?

No.

Are jackpots going to "rain from the sky"?

No.

Lots and lots of folks don't want to play the Screw-People-Over-Trading game and want to play the Find-Some-Shit have fun game.
I just found a whispering ice killing dom passing to A4 with one of my old standard chars ...
"
Einkil wrote:
"
eragon1111 wrote:
"
Einkil wrote:

The reward is killing him. If all you care about is loot and not the challenge I feel a little sorry for you. (not you specifically, you in a general sense)

Seems like the type of people who would skip all non-essential bosses on No-death/No bonfire runs in DS. The risk is the fun and the reward is winning.

Not in this genere.

Whole demn point of ARPGs is to provide better and more chellenging ways to gain MORE LOOT. Whole frickin point of genere is to get MORE and BETTER loot, thats how it worked for past 20 years.

Stop tryin to explain your OWN view on the genere when it clearly ISINT the main current.

Bosses like Uber Atziri are ment to be hard coz they drop BEST OF the BEST LOOT and thats the only reason! You think ppl would do Uber for chellenge ? Yes but ONCE there would be absolutely zero point to repeat the same shit. Why ?
Coz nobody cares if there is no carrot on the stick...

If you want chellenge than sorry but PoE is not about chellenge, time consimption is not measure of chellenge. Try mby other games like CS, Dota, Starcraft these games are a chellenge coz they measure your skill.

I wouldnt call bashing head on the wall as a chellenge, and thats what PoE is.

Reward in this scenario is an entirely subjective ideal. I've been playing ARPgs since Diablo 2 came out and while I love getting new loot, the point of doing Uber multiple times is because its a challenge every time. The fact that you get that unique you want should just make you happier, not an expected outcome. The fact that you are speaking for the majority is hilarious and you should really have introspection as to who "Stop tryin to explain your OWN view on the genere when it clearly ISINT the main current. " should apply to. I never said that my view was the view of everyone. Or are you saying that because my opinion differs from your percieved majority my opinion is meaningless? If it's the latter than I hope you enjoy yourself when you get to the real world. Also, show me statistical proof that your view is the predominant one. Don't bother with anecdotal evidence.

No im talking from a developer point of view. We have data that shows the most ppl care about is LOOT - even more, when they get better loot they tend to buy more stuff from shop...

Want to see this data ? Sure you can apply for job on our company /via priv.

L2R:

Risk vs Reward? Non Existant...Like killing Malachai in Merciless. No point
(FOR ME missing) The reward is killing him. If all you care about is loot and not the challenge I feel a little sorry for you.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Sep 4, 2015, 1:46:08 PM
"
eragon1111 wrote:

No im talking from a developer point of view. We have data that shows the most ppl care about is LOOT - even more, when they get better loot they tend to buy more stuff from shop...

Want to see this data ? Sure you can apply for job on our company /via priv.

L2R:

Risk vs Reward? Non Existant...Like killing Malachai in Merciless. No point
(FOR ME missing) The reward is killing him. If all you care about is loot and not the challenge I feel a little sorry for you.

We can all claim a view we are talking from, doesn't make it true. You are claiming a predominant view yet providing no evidence for such so your claim is easily dismissed. Since you are the one making the claim the burden of proof falls upon you.

Show me that more people care about loot than playing the game because they find the mechanics fun, or that they enjoy the challenge, or any other reason that people find reward in playing this game. You can keep saying that people like loot, that is obvious, yet saying that people like loot is NOT indicative of them thinking the highest reward is aquiring BIS gear.

Tl;Dr A claim without substantiation is not proof, just a claim.

In regards to the L2R part. The precise thing that I took issue with is the fact that the poster made their opinion a statement of fact (Risk vs Reward? Non Existant...Like killing Malachai in Merciless. No point).

What even is the point of the L2R other than to try to be antagonistic. It did nothing to prove any point you have in this conversation.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
I'm kinda split on what the devs should do.

Show the drop rates of every single unique and announce in every patch what they are

Or...do what they do just now.

I know that, even if they announce in every patch that drop rates have/ have not been changed there will be many vocal numpties that have their tinfoil hats on and making a meal of any bit of stated fact and twisting it to be the opposite.

The thing here is not how players see it now, it's how GGG see it with all the data at their fingertips, would maybe be beneficial to show an infographic next week to show how many more have dropped that there had the previous week before the patch
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Sep 5, 2015, 3:26:43 AM
My experience with loot in PoE has been a big dissapointment ride since I started playing 2 years ago.
I don't mind not finding t1 (heck, or even t2) often.
But since I've started playing I have these moments when a unique that I did not knew about drops and I identify it and it turns out having nice mods and I think it's good. Then I get excited, thinking it's worth something. Later I go on poe.trade check it and BAM! all hopes lost.
What really grinds my gears is that this had happened waaaay too much during my experience, even today I still have this moments once a week or so.
Balance is an illusion, exile.
"
3Half3Evil3 wrote:
"
Einkil wrote:
"
3Half3Evil3 wrote:

All THAT ASIDE.

Watch people killing Abaxoth The End of All Things and a few crap rares drop.

Risk vs Reward? Non Existant.

Let people have slaying monsters in interesting ways. End game is a joke if there is no reward. Like killing Malachai in Merciless. No point other than to remove him from your quest list.

The reward is killing him. If all you care about is loot and not the challenge I feel a little sorry for you. (not you specifically, you in a general sense)

Seems like the type of people who would skip all non-essential bosses on No-death/No bonfire runs in DS. The risk is the fun and the reward is winning.

Hahaha challenge? The only challenge is accumulating never drops powerful uniques or mirrow worthy or close gear.

Sorry but ghosted Abathox drops nothing. Thats souls crushing.

Mostly opinion and hyperbole, but low drop rate is a core peice of this game and near irrefutable. However, from what I've read by posters on this forum, Abaxoth is a challenge to fight, one of the hardest If I'm not mistaken. I have not fought him as I dont play enought to get to maps as of yet.

I would consider some of the fights in this game to be challenging, but doable.
The problem comes from expecting great gear to drop every time you would defeat him. It's why I play for the fight itself, not the loot that comes afterwords.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
coatofarms wrote:
I'm pretty sure 0.00000000000000000001 X 4 = 0.

Disprove the math, please.

You already did.

significant digits
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info