"4x0=0"

I like it how everyone is cheering that casuals will have their fun.

If you couldn't afford an 30 exalt shav now due to low time investment and hate grinding too long without an upgrade, what means you think you can afford the cheaper 10 exalt shav.

If anything this might actually inflate the value of exalts even higher since you can't even sell T1 unquies for a big chunk of change.
im surprised and amazed that someone is actually enraged by this change, rofl
no fun allowed, muh sadomasochistic economy simulator
Last edited by raxleberne on Sep 2, 2015, 10:00:56 PM
So 4x0=0 is just sarcasm or people trying be a Simpsons Nelson HA HA character.

But seriously, 4 times what drop rate? If the drop rate is super low to begin with then most players will not see much of a change. But collectively if the Shavs drop rate is 5 out of 50,000 players then after the patch drops there will be 20 players out of 50,000 getting a Shav. An increase of only .03%. Not really anything to get excited about for 99.9% of us. Yes, the PoE economy as a whole will be effected by the change and hopefully for the good by lowering prices as Chris stated and thinks will happen. But if you play solo self-found then don't get excited that a Shav (or any other super rare unique) will drop anytime soon. GGG has always and will always be programming PoE with the focus on the whole of the game economy. Any Individual players rate of return playing PoE (and thus overall playing enjoyment) is not and probably will not ever be in GGG's future programming decisions for PoE going forward. That's the domain of D3. Most players are here because of the almost limitless build possibilities, not to get rich quick. GGG devs must also want this and thus have placed PoE at the bottom of arpgs in terms of rewards given for hours played. We must all expect to be slapped in the face a lot playing PoE (mob and/or 1 shot deaths) and lose many hours of xp (or be back to level 1 in HC) to play in this arpg sandbox.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
SenorPez wrote:
It's not like welfare uniques ruined WoW or D3 or any other game. Let the casuals have their fun.

Yeah. It is not like this. So everything is fine.

And regarding welfare: Here are some hobos grabbing some easy gear (at the end you can hear them cheer, because it was so easy):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx6ipbVOWvY

There are layers of items and content for different types of players and approaches to a story-rich game like WoW for example.

And btw.: Shavs or Mjolner are just build-enablers (the way uniques were meant to be). It still is a loooong path to a godly build / gearset, even if you get those t1-uniques.

And to name the raising of low as fuck dropchances by 400% welfare is just ... i don't know.
All is good. There is just a slightly better chance for "casuals" to check out some builds on a low level. To maybe have a slightly better chance of getting something that really lets you explore the most foreign and darkest corners of this game: the t1-content ;)

The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by ghamadvar on Sep 2, 2015, 10:48:43 PM
Honestly t1 uniques should still be very hard to find.

For example, in 3000 hours plays, I found 3 shavs.

Under this new system, I would have found 12, but that's still 250 hours each or more than 10 days straight of time played.

Still rare enough, but not prohibitively rare.

I have high IIQ/IIR though.

Spoiler
I also found a mjolner today, probably kind of a fluke but whatever.
"
Honestly t1 uniques should still be very hard to find.

For example, in 3000 hours plays, I found 3 shavs.

Under this new system, I would have found 12, but that's still 250 hours each or more than 10 days straight of time played.

Still rare enough, but not prohibitively rare.

I have high IIQ/IIR though.

Spoiler
I also found a mjolner today, probably kind of a fluke but whatever.

It has more implications then finding 12 instead of 4.

That means the items are cheaper overall by a long shot, causing more people to buy them and use them = they farm maps faster = more of them drop faster.

People need to realize reason why alot of T1 is rare because very few people farm at the ilvl where most T1 items drop.

Charan will never find most T1 unquies because like most other average players, doesn't farm 3000 hours to get a level 80 to 100. Most players stop around 85-90 or reroll a new character around 85, hell most people don't even kill the final boss.

This drop rate changes makes the rich status less elusive and moves the middle class up, helps nothing at the bottom or lower end.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Sep 2, 2015, 11:55:38 PM

Even when stopping at 80, you're in shav drop zones quite a while, I think.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I agree that the 4x0=0 thing is pretty absurd. However, as far as I can tell "4x0=0" came about as a response to all the equally absurd "every casual gonna have Shavs and Mjolner now" and "next GGG give 6L for 50 fuse" bitch posts. And now the people that started this circle-jerk of exaggeration are bitching about it. Classic.
So now shav, moljner ... Are vendor tier unique because comon gg

Seriously I don't want use a shav or a moljner i just want get huge amount of currency when I get one it's like you win the jackpot , something to hope when you farm if 0 unique are really rare and worth a lot it's gonna be kinda boring to farm.

Befor we know about this patch moljner was already only 8ex in warband (shav is also a lot cheaper since 2.0), when I dropped one in rampage I sold it 50ex I was so happy ... Now if I get one I will feel nothing just an okay item Maybe 4ex win....
Same for shav, in ambush dropped one and sold it 30ex it was the dream aswell.

If they remove all this really rare unique drop that sad....

4time more it's to much why not start with 2 time ?
Last edited by keta on Sep 3, 2015, 9:07:57 AM
I have seen unid shavs flowing in trade chat today :)

Not a bad change, the rare good items should be the really expensive ones. Shavs will be around 30 exa, still expensive but not prohibitive. And specially in leagues those items will be more available.

Last edited by chromafunk on Sep 3, 2015, 9:25:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info