Help meee, I am useless

Helloo!
I am at the end of Act1/Cruel and all I know is that I can't stop dying. I cant even reach Marveil...

These are my stats (i dont know why my elemental resistances are -X% )

Where can I farm better gears? What's going on with the resistances?

And sorry, english is not my first language. I hope you can understand.
I would advise u to just start over in warbands, there r way more players and a lot of good cheap gear. Read the sticky beginner guide in this forum part.

Ur characters r private in ur profile and u didn't post ur tree and gear. With out it, nobody can help u, accept say get get gear with life and resistances on it.

To farm gear, u could run cruel ledge. I find, farming normal difficulty bosses is not good for it, they drop to little.

U get ur resistances lowered, when u go in next difficulty, else it wouldn't really be a challenge. Managing ur resistances with other defenses and offense is a big part of this game.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/oni2983/privacy

Can you please go here and untick "Hide Characters tab"? That will let us see everything about your character easily so we can figure out what's wrong.

Regarding your resists, cruel and merciless difficulties lower all your resists. Cruel by 20%, merciless by 60%. This will send them into negatives without any resists on your gear.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
You could try to use Google for "PoE beginner's guide", I'm pretty sure all the basics such as "Res penalty by difficulty" and "Equipment fundamentals" have already been covered a thousand times.
do you know what, specifically, is causing you to die?

in general, you should try to keep your resistances as high as possible. if you don't want to trade with other people, you will need to just keep playing easier areas until you find better gear.

each higher difficulty (cruel, merciless) imposes a penalty on your resistances and this is why they become negative. you have to work harder to keep them high.
I recommend u go pure damage untill u finish game (kill Malachai mercyless)

After this start to use poetrade and upgrade items.

Before this - yes, die a lot. But it's just pointless to spend currecy for upgrades now cause they will all be useless.

Ofc there is 1 item u need - it's Tabula Rasa. That's the only item u HAVE to buy now.

This item u need to buy.
How not to miss Skill Books /view-thread/1940679
Find Bameth /view-thread/1828226
Exas for new players /view-thread/1956615
Checking resources /view-thread/2453818
Don't use Shaper/Elder orbs /view-thread/2474890
Last edited by diablokiller1 on Sep 2, 2015, 9:41:12 AM
I wouldn't put tabula as a useful unique to new players, actualy quite the opposite. I wouldn't put any unique in the need to buy catagory.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Sep 2, 2015, 11:16:05 AM
Fixed, you can see my characters now.
Thank you everyone, I didn't know about the resistances penalty. I'll read the begginers guide ><

What gear stats should I look for? health, ES, resistances?
At your point your gear should be life and res, discard ES to be honest - it sucks for new players and hybrid is strictly weaker when levelling.

Have around 1.2k life and you'll be golden.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Sep 2, 2015, 1:19:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info