Need advice, hit lvl 88 on my first character. How to make build better?

Hi everyone, can you please take a look at my LVL 88 Ranger and let me know any tips on the passive tree or items i should change?

I've done everything and have almost 5000 HP + 300 shield, but still having trouble surviving sometimes even with double CWDT.
We can't. There's no "Characters" options avalible in your profile.
Burn all the orbs!
Sorry, try this?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/b0red/characters
Get boots with move speed (30 highly recommended)
Get str and int on gear to refund those +30 nodes (str on belt, int on ev/es boots for ex, and on jewelry).
you focused heavily on accuracy on gear, you don't need that much as an archer naturally has already a fair amount on %increased accuracy from the tree. You can easily remove 300 flat and you'll still be well over 2k accuracy, which is fine (you can get some int/str instead as they're also suffixes).

One point is wasted on tree, here's a fixed version.
Also the projectile nodes are ranger start are usually not taken for phys bow build. It's best to invest them either in frenzy charges or in Acrobatics (highly recommended, and phase acro is also a must).

without additional power charges from tree, pcoc is a bit wasted. You'd get better damage by using phys proj attack damage instead. You could however put it in frenzy to generate both charges with it, once in a while.

why no hatred ?
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
I feel like your overall Crit is super low. Citadel base doesn't do you any favors but I understand since it's a 6L. Having Crit issues I almost feel like you want Increased Critical Strikes + PCOC in your Links.

Blood Dance Boots or Blood Rage for Frenzy Charge generation. Pretty much mandatory for DPS builds in this patch. You want the maximum number you can get.

Craft flat Phys with Elreon Bench on your Coral Ring.

Would consider new Left Ring and even Gloves.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Thanks everyone. Bump.
You have several options for uniques that would improve your damage by a lot, but you would have to cover up for lost resistances on other gear if it brings you under the hard cap. Rats Nest for helm is a staple for Phys Ranger builds because it gives both attack speed and crit. Maligaro's Virtuosity gloves are also an option for tons of damage.

Your bow is really good, but it could still be improved by upgrading to Harbinger base which adds base crit chance that the rest of your tree and gear is then multiplied from. 6% crit base versus 8%+ crit base is a big deal when you consider it's then being multiplied by all your passive crit nodes and the crit on your gear. You would have to do it without really dropping the phys damage roll on your bow though. A bow like that will cost many exalts so probably not an immediate focus for you.

Quiver could be upgraded to a spike point quiver with more crit and a crit multiplier roll as well.

I'd recommend giving the Physical Projectile Attack Damage support gem a try in your 6 link. Swap it out for Chain, in my opinion, and you will see a massive boost in damage. Remember that any life leech you run is based off your phys damage, so in many cases damage is the same as survivability.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Last edited by Nasreth on Sep 2, 2015, 2:11:30 PM
"
Nasreth wrote:
You have several options for uniques that would improve your damage by a lot, but you would have to cover up for lost resistances on other gear if it brings you under the hard cap. Rats Nest for helm is a staple for Phys Ranger builds because it gives both attack speed and crit. Maligaro's Virtuosity gloves are also an option for tons of damage.

Your bow is really good, but it could still be improved by upgrading to Harbinger base which adds base crit chance that the rest of your tree and gear is then multiplied from. 6% crit base versus 8%+ crit base is a big deal when you consider it's then being multiplied by all your passive crit nodes and the crit on your gear. You would have to do it without really dropping the phys damage roll on your bow though. A bow like that will cost many exalts so probably not an immediate focus for you.

Quiver could be upgraded to a spike point quiver with more crit and a crit multiplier roll as well.

I'd recommend giving the Physical Projectile Attack Damage support gem a try in your 6 link. Swap it out for Chain, in my opinion, and you will see a massive boost in damage. Remember that any life leech you run is based off your phys damage, so in many cases damage is the same as survivability.

Thanks, how do I upgrade my Bow to Harbinger base ?

It's tough finding a good quiver unless I do upgrades manually right.
bump
by upgrade to harbinger base he means find or buy one

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info