2.03: Shavs for all casuals!

"
Yeah I ran 25 77s in a row - all at least 100q and 15+ packsize - and didn't get a single 78+ map back. If I'm going to be stuck in lower level maps, it would be nice to get to experiment with some new builds while I do so.

I really hope this will bring some new builds with more diversity.

The more players able to test things the more diversity and fun tricks we can expect.
Hf :)
inb4 ggg subliminally encourages rmt
I don't understand the issue here.

You should know by now that when GGG says buff they actually nerf.

Just look at the current map drops after the "buff". We have the worst map drop (high tier) in the history of the game right now.

This buff will probably make Shav's drop as often as mirror.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
People really don't understand economics.

Shavs increasing x4 doesn't mean price is 1/4.

The increased availability spurs more demand which in the end will probably leave it at a stable 50-60% of original.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Sep 2, 2015, 7:36:03 AM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
People really don't understand economics.

Shavs increasing x4 doesn't mean price is 1/4.

The increased availability spurs more demand which in the end will probably leave it at a stable 50-60% of original.

...which is still much more affordable than before.

And all I hope for (though I don't really want a Shav's).

Don't think too many people expected a 75% price drop.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I'm pretty casual, when do I get my Shavs?
Judging by a quick non-scientific glance at poe.trade, the drop rate for Shav's was cut to 33% in 2.0 (going by its availability in previous leagues). If they're just bumping it back up to 1.33x 1.3's drop rate, who cares? It'll still be extremely rare.

I'll just be happy to see some of the "common" T1/2 uniques come back down to non-retarded prices. Items like Alpha's Howl and Belly of the Beast aren't used for one specific niche build, they're just fundamental basic endgame build items. They should have never been made so rare.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:
I think it's a great change, and I hope more people get to experiment with them. I can't believe how salty some people are over the change. I've had a legacy since anarchy and I'm excited for more people to get to try one if they desire, it's a fun item and some people prefer to grind out their drops rather than pay for them.

I'm not salty but its a mistake in a game that allows trade. We all saw what lightning coils were worth when they rained. like 1-2 chaos. Now, with good drop rates or stingy depending on your POV, you can actually feel good about finding one and sell for tidy sum of you so choose. Something like shavs were demand is already low due to most shavs builds being nerfed to the ground - its uncalled for.

Lightning coils weren't worth that much because 7+ second immortal call was ridiculously easy to obtain especially with 'free' endurance charges with CwDT. Ele was the #1 threat. Now that's not the case, rarity was not the issue.

Shav demand is not nearly what it was, but it isn't exactly low. I direct you to the discovery of how to craft +3 bows. It dropped the prices of really great bows that were going from 40-50 ex to around 20-25 ex, and entry level +3 almost didn't change in price at all - because you will still have to fuse anything you find or create.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
Xaxarius wrote:
man, this really pisses me off. I have 5000+ hours in this game. Just dropped my first Shav's on Saturday night. Yah, I already traded for one a few months ago in standard.

I really want all new players to go through the same shit I went through to get their stuff. Yeah, I have shav's, mjolner, Kaoms, Mings Heart, VOid battery, etc.....and I guarantee you I paid like 30ex for each of these.

This is why younger people in America have no jobs and tons of student loans....you want everything for free, not like me who worked really hard for all my stuff. Well, maybe I will let you wash my Porsche. If you pay me for the pleasure to do so.

Shame on you GGG for bending over for these POS's

You heard it here first guys. The reason people don't have jobs is because they were born after 1980 and just don't want it enough.
I was born after 1990 and have a job since 13. Worked for my uncles swimming pool company in summers. shittiest jobs too. plastering under hot sun with the mexicans. Moved up to driving heavy equipment after I graduated HS. he just angry old man lulz

PS why would I wash a Porsche my crane, genie articulating boom, case 580, F750, 380slk and F350 keep me busy enough.:P
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 2, 2015, 10:26:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info