Why Dual Totem?

I understand that Dual Totem is a pretty popular build, but I'm curious what makes it so good.

The caveat of not being able to deal any damage yourself seems like a huge tradeoff to me. I suppose being able to drop 2 totems and have them do the work while you're safe behing a wall works, but other than that general safety aspect I don't see how you're not better off with 1 totem and casting additional spells yourself.

Can someone enlighten me as to what other aspects of this build i'm missing?
After I saw a witch playing with 2 ice totems (ice spear) I was also thinking to go dual totem.

The problem is (on my opinion ) that to have very good totem u need at least 5L gear better 6L which is hard to get and to have perfect build takes some times
In this game everyone has to build defensively.
Everyone.
Whether you choose to pump health, life leech, evasion, armor, energy shield + CI, or even minions. Everyone needs a defense.

The beauty of dual totems is that it's defense is in not having to be in the fight at all.
You can pretty much pump straight glass cannon and not worry about dying because you aren't in the fray.
Pop your two totems and back up. If they die, big woop. Respawn em.
dual totem templar with spork is so fun :)

but when the totems die really quickly especially at act 3 cruel docks (those fire breathing ones)
you are really screwed.. i even tried using skeles but idk if its because of my low level or trying to solo there.. im kinda struggling atm to survive..

grr I need help :O
Last edited by madeinkorea on Feb 17, 2013, 12:44:59 AM
"
Exotrax wrote:
After I saw a witch playing with 2 ice totems (ice spear) I was also thinking to go dual totem.

The problem is (on my opinion ) that to have very good totem u need at least 5L gear better 6L which is hard to get and to have perfect build takes some times

The "needing 5 and 6L" are not necessarily true. Especially for ice spear totems, 4Ls are sufficient for most of your needs. I'm 4L all the way and hasn't run into problems with high lvl maps.
I believe you can still use curses, traps and mines.. so you are not entirely helpless or useless. Of course that requires you to be at least relatively close to mobs in order to cast them, so a little more defense/life/etc might be welcome regardless.
All True.
They work great on my low life templar build, it lets me sacrifice defence for killing speed, freezing pulse with lmp and faster casting alone works great

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info