Looking for a balanced tank/dps ranged/caster build

Here's the thing guys. My laptop is a toaster as far as POE is concerned (i3 2.1ghz, 4 gigs of ram, 512GB SSD, ati mobility radeon 5470 (512MB VRAM)).

I need a build that :

* Withstands damage while lagging

* Tolerates slow response times due to lag.

* Has a decent (livable) damage output as otherwise it will be too boring.

* Is a ranged/caster build. Imo that is the best defense, especially when I can have the lag occur off-screen. Cyclone does not suit me due to lag, for example.

* As a bonus, has the ability to kill all bosses in the game fairly easily.

* I'm looking to spend 4-5 ex on Standard at most (for uniques). I have some interesting items - legacy BoR, legacy Meginord's, Legacy Maligaro's Virtuosity, legacy Saffell's Flame, Tabula Rasa - so they could be used as a base if there is a build with the above considerations.

Currently I have a somewhat successful PA mf ranger that manages to stay alive and pwn most mobs and bosses. I appreciate the mountain of yellows but lag has cost me a few levels in experience.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Do you have any suggestions?
Last edited by horizon21 on Sep 1, 2015, 10:28:41 AM
Non mf PA
Hmm, never thought about that. How will I deal with the defences, though? Still has to be eva based, no?
Check my highest char in standard.
I'd love to but your characters tab is missing - have you put your profile on private by any chance?
Check out my 90 marauder in tempest.

You can run an explosive arrow build for cheap and effective, don't have to have top tier gear.
Tanky block incinerate. Guildie of mine is doing it, currently lv96 or 97 with 60k on incinerate when 3rd (4th) stage. Also has 5k life and mom, plus max block, spell block, and lightning coil. That's my suggestion :) He's also only died 4 times since hitting mapping.
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
incinerate (selfcast or totem, here u want projspeed)
poisonarrow (invest in +levelbow, jewels)
explosive arrow (same as with Pa)
summonragingspirits (invest in +firelevelstaff)

and for all builds: get a lightningcoil, taste of hate!! really... these items are op

if you cant get either get a belly of the beast for a lot of hp, or a daressos defiance for a decent budget chest (endurance charge generation,liferoll)
Last edited by voodoojin on Sep 2, 2015, 12:37:36 AM
Thanks, guys! I'll have a think.
Like others suggested, incinerate block build is tanky and really fast map clear speed. You can hit 80-100k dps easily.
If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info