Null's and posion arrow. need help

Hello, first of all I want to thank you for reading this.

So i am doing a build with Null's Inclination. And i had the idea to use Posion arrow instead of the most commonly used Split Arrow chain. But after testing this out i see that the cloud doesn't proc culling strike and doesn't cast the socketed minions.

So what I try to know is this a bug or is this because I'm not smart enough to understand this. And is there is a way to make this Null's build work with posion arrow or something else then split arrow / chain because that build is just to main stream with Null's

As again thx for reading and my the RNG be with you and the deaths be none.
Poison damage, or generally damage over time, does not "hit", and thus all on-hit effects, including Culling Strike, do not work.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
I have Tornado shot with high pierce on my Null build instead so I can use drillneck to help with scaling chaos damage.

The effect description on Null is clear enough, it says 'kills with this weapon', and cloud damage isn't delivered with a weapon. It is intended to work that way so you would be forced to invest in both your attacks and minions instead of using cheap stuff like Poison or Explosive arrow.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
yeah but I was thinking It might work because the arrow it self was shot by the bow and does exploive arrow work? I mean i want to try somrthing special insted of the normal tornado shot posion arrow.
No, like I said, you need to kill 'with the weapon' meaning the killing blow had to carry weapon damage, so it has to be an attack. Damage over time cannot be attack damage too, those basetypes are mutually exclusive. It's the same situation with Explosive arrow, detonations are secondary damage (not attack nor spell) and their base damage is determined by gem level, not the weapon you carry.

So, if ou use PA or EA, Null would trigger spells only if you killed enemies with a direct hit, poison and detonations wouldn't work.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info