3 MILLION MAPS per week!?

With the guild forum area as busy as it is, I'd say people are not using the message board and instead running maps with guildies. Why play with random strangers when you can start once with a strange guildy and then have a stable of steady, reliable, trustworthy guildies.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

I don't know in standard or tempest but in warbands you won't see most of time public party opened to random players (mostly really low level map ). I remember in Ambush there was so many public from early to end of league.

On top of that add the fact most of players are and want to play alone + group play cause numerous problems ( performances /gateway / ambience etc ... ) when it solve some others ( solve is a big word it's just help to split cost of zana mods and eventualy share map wich are ... tedious to maintain ).

But yeah i'm agree more than 3 millions maps including 99% 68 to 73 maps is possible.
I wouldn't showcase this number it's pretty small at the end and point a small userbase.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Aug 31, 2015, 6:59:30 PM
4 maps per hour (low estimate) x 24 hours x 7 days = 654 maps per week. I'm doing back of envelope calculations here, so we'll just round that to 600, then divide 3M by it to get 5000. Five thousand maps running simultaneously at any given time across all leagues.

Not such a stretch when you think about it, yeah?
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
I never run public games. Never use those boards.
"
Heli0nix wrote:
I don't know in standard or tempest but in warbands you won't see most of time public party opened to random players (mostly really low level map ). I remember in Ambush there was so many public from early to end of league.

On top of that add the fact most of players are and want to play alone + group play cause numerous problems ( performances /gateway / ambience etc ... ) when it solve some others ( solve is a big word it's just help to split cost of zana mods and eventualy share map wich are ... tedious to maintain ).

But yeah i'm agree more than 3 millions maps including 99% 68 to 73 maps is possible.
I wouldn't showcase this number it's pretty small at the end and point a small userbase.

I'm a long-time player and almost never do maps, especially in temp leagues. I'd bet there are many more casual players who never even see a map than there are dedicated mappers. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I run public maps once or twice a league...usually at the very end of it.
Never public, not on boards.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
This stat was also skewered by both tempest and warbands. Many (low level) maps are opened in tempest to find out which tempest is present, and an insane number of maps were opened in warbands to 1) spot which warband was present and 2) run through the map to see if a Chaos warband had spawned.

If, for instance, PIT map was 'Captured,' I would easily open and whirling blade through 30 maps in that hour. The minute I saw a 'normal' warband, I could abandon the map because I knew no Chaos General had spawned.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
I've run hundreds of maps in this league, never used the board. I play solo / self-found.

Even if I didn't, I wouldn't use the board. Everything remotely interesting gets drowned under a flood of trade offers, which imho shouldn't have a place on a board meant to help players find groups, but GGG seems to disagree. Hence I regard the board as completely useless and ignore it. I suppose I'm not the only one.
I want to do maps at my own pace. It's not unusual that I take 20-30 minutes to clear a single map and I often take long breaks in between to watch an episode of my favorite shows or so, which is not really compatible with parties facerolling through maps over and over.
The dumb is strong in this one

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info