Damage Conversion Question

I'm using flame totem as my primary skill. If all my fire damage gets converted to chaos damage, how do boosts to fire and/or chaos damage work?

Does fire penetration do anything in this case?
Increases to both fire and chaos damage will apply, stacking additively (i.e. if you're dealing no other types of damage than the chaos damage converted from fire, 10% increased chaos damage will have the exact same effect as 10% increased fire damage).

Fire penetration won't do anything though. You aren't actually dealing fire damage, so mobs' fire res doesn't matter to you.

(It probably isn't relevant here, but just as a general fyi, things that add percentages of your damage (e.g. Hatred) will still take into account damage that's been converted. If you have 100% phys to fire conversion, say, Hatred will use your pre-conversion physical damage to add its cold damage, rather than adding no damage at all.)
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Aug 30, 2015, 1:45:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info