Need to make an animate guardian build

So i made an event in the guild today, that the first active skill gem that drops, i will use as a main skill on a character. Problem is, i don't want to invest much currency into this, as part of the challenge is to do it as the first char in a new league. So, anyone ever attempted this? Or ever pulled it off? Maybe even someone can give me some tips so i can go in the right direction. Thanks =)
That's a tough one, to be certain. I think the best shot on this is to use facebreakers with the amount of flat damage he's getting, maybe abyssus too. You should probaby build yourself into a multicurse auramancer to support him.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
That's a tough one, to be certain. I think the best shot on this is to use facebreakers with the amount of flat damage he's getting, maybe abyssus too. You should probaby build yourself into a multicurse auramancer to support him.

Is that FB and abyssus on the minion? I assume so.
Of course. You need to kill stuff with AG, right?

The guardian is usually equipped for support, but an offensive spec could be interesting too. You don't have to mind defenses or life on items so you can use uniques you wouldn't otherwise, just make sure his reses are capped and use whatever.

I'd probably got for something like this:
gloves - facebreaker
helm - abyssus
armor - belly of the beast
boots - blood dance
shield - rathpith

And you can use another rathpith on yourself, that's almost 60% block and spell block, 70% if you use skullhead. The important thing is all those items are cheap so it would be no problem to outfit him again if he dies, but he really shouldn't if your curses are strong and you keep enfeeble, temp chains and whatnot on enemies.

I suppose you could use utility spectres too, probably something that can cause bleed so you can use bloodlust on guardian, or those monkey chieftains with blood magic so they can spam frenzy charges.

I would skip on zombies or skeletons, anything that blocks his movement won't work well.

Last edited by raics on Aug 30, 2015, 10:59:18 AM
Those items are not cheap! I cannot use those! This is my main issue with this spec, i cannot afford it! But multi curse and util specters are a fantastic idea!
Sure, it can go cheaper.

Replace rathpith with dying breath staff you will socket your guardian in, that also leaves your chest free for daresso's influence you will socket your auras in and you can quickly unsummon the guardian by switching weapons so it's even less likely he will die.

For your guardian, Abyssus, Blood Dance and Facebreaker are 1c each, you can also use Zandethus and a rare shield with crafted flat phys. All those are very common items that soon become widely available in new leagues.

Last edited by raics on Aug 30, 2015, 3:55:34 PM
Sure, it can go cheaper.

Replace rathpith with dying breath staff you will socket your guardian in, that also leaves your chest free for daresso's influence you will socket your auras in and you can quickly unsummon the guardian by switching weapons so it's even less likely he will die.

For your guardian, Abyssus, Blood Dance and Facebreaker are 1c each, you can also use Zandethus and a rare shield with crafted flat phys.

The build is extremely unlikely to break any clear speed records, but it should be workable.

Last edited by raics on Aug 30, 2015, 3:57:35 PM
So, if i unsummon my guardian, do all of the pieces used to make him drop? "you can quickly unsummon the guardian by switching weapons so it's even less likely he will die"

If the items don't drop when i unsummon him why does it matter if it dies?
No, once you put items on your guardian you can't get them back in any way. The exception is crafting Haku's mod on a rare chest (which will drop only the chest) but nobody uses rare chests on their guardian, nothing interesting on them.

The items are bound to your character, so you can freely unsummon him or swap gems. However, if he dies everything he had is lost.

You could have at least checked the wiki page before asking for help, you know.

Last edited by raics on Aug 30, 2015, 4:10:58 PM
Oh right, sorry, didn't expect the wiki to have that sort of information. But the tips you've provided me will be invaluable no doubt about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info