Choosing Armour vs Evasion

I'm sorry if this topic has been brought up many times but I couldn't find a recent post about it.
So this is what I got:
High armour:
*Good to reduce small hits, so many small hits won't feel noticeable
*Big hits wont get mitigated that much

High evasion:
*Will work against many small hits, because only x% of the hits will actually hit you.
*Will work against big hits, because big hits will only get hit x% of the time.

My character:
*Ranged character
*AA + 6 endurance charges (those work indepently of armour and will mitigate big hits, right?)
*8k hp
*~3.5k armour and 1.6k evasion
*220% increased armour

So the question is, which defence type should I go for? I know that I won't be able to get high defences on either (without granite/jade flasks) and on paper evasion looks better. Evasion/armour both diminishes heavily on higher levels of armour/character level. Is the superior choice just going a hybrid solution?
The best choice is evasion, Lightning Coil, AA and 6 end charges.

Armour scales horribly, Coil scales regardless of damage.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 30, 2015, 6:21:21 AM
I simply wouldn't care. Do whatever you want, whatever costs the lowest amount of currency or skillpoints.

Armor or Evasion, they are both pretty useless, unless you're going crazy on it (and your numbers show you're not).

The good stuff is:
Endurance Charges
Defensive Curses (Chains, Enfeeble)
Lightning Coil, Taste of Hate, Arctic Armor
Block
Acrobatics
Big Ass Lifepool

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I can attest to a big-assed life pool. After playing so long with the goal of "4,500 and good", getting 6,000+ life really makes things feel so much better. I can't wait until I can afford a Kaom's Heart and start shooting for 8k+.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
If you are just getting a little bit it doesn't really matter that much. I would make descions based on the other stats on the item. Also, saying armor can't take the big hits is a little disengenious. There are very hits in the game I would avoid on my armor chars. Telling new players armor is weak against bosses they will most likely never face is just misleading.

I think people care more about face tanking kole or dominus slam. Things that armor does just fine.
everytime i see someone saying that armour sucks, usually it's the 3k--7k dudes...
d:-D*
Armour sucks total dick unless you have 50k+ when you take big hits.

That's the 100% truth.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info